RYAN Fraser described as “schoolboy defending” the goal which sank Cherries at Newcastle and labelled it “unacceptable”.

The Scotland international was left irked after seeing his side squander a one-goal advantage at St James’ Park to lose 2-1.

Harry Wilson’s crisp strike was cancelled out by DeAndre Yedlin in the opening period before Ciaran Clark popped up to net a scruffy winner for the hosts on 52 minutes.

The Republic of Ireland international stabbed home after fellow central defender Federico Fernandez had flicked on a Jetro Willems delivery unchallenged.

Speaking about the Magpies’ second goal, Fraser told the Daily Echo: “It is unacceptable. You can’t go into the next game and think that is acceptable. It’s just schoolboy defending.

“I don’t know what happened. You can’t be free in the box in the Premier League – then he goes and taps it in.

“We will go away and work on it, we do work on it but it just seems a recurring thing. It’s hurt us hard and badly. We just need to try to get it out of our system.”

He added: “The goals that sometimes we concede, for the past maybe three or four years haven’t been acceptable.

“When you do concede bad goals, especially when you come away from home, it doesn’t help.”

Cherries had come into the contest looking for back-to-back wins, having overcome Manchester United 1-0 at Vitality Stadium a week previously.

“It’s just kind of what we are as a team in the past couple of seasons,” said Fraser.

“We do well against one team, then we are up on highs and then the next thing you know we kind of fall down.

“It’s something we will reflect on and then try to become better at, I think.

“I think that’s happened this season where, if we do go 1-0 up in the games then maybe we will think it’s done or we will sit off and let the other team get on top of us.

“I don’t know, it’s a really frustrating one to take after the start we had. Even going in at 1-1 we should have come out better than we did.

“You should come here when you are 1-0 up and the crowd’s against them, you should really win two, three-nil or even just grind it out.”

Cherries had gone more than six hours without conceding before Steve Bruce’s men bagged their leveller on Tyneside.

Giving his take on the goals conceded after the final whistle, manager Eddie Howe said: “I am more hurt by the second one, where from the set piece I just don’t think we dominate maybe two aerial battles.

“It’s difficult because I am only going off memory – I’ll be disappointed with that one.

“Like always when you concede you have to analyse it and see where you can improve.”