BOSS Tom Killick said Poole Town’s three-goal collapse at Truro City was “not a disaster” – labelling the performance in the 3-3 draw as “good”.

Dolphins went in search of their first league points since September after cup schedules and postponements kept them away from their Southern League South title push.

They looked to be well on their way to victory having gone 3-0 up at half-time thanks to a Harry Baker double, as well as a goal from Josh Carmichael.

But the White Tigers rallied in the second period.

Goals from Luke Jephcott and Tyler Harvey got them back within touching distance, before Ryan Law’s stoppage-time strike prevented Poole taking home three points.

Killick told the Daily Echo: “People will think, looking at the result, that it was a disaster. It wasn’t a disaster, with us against the horrendous conditions.

“I look at other results elsewhere, is this a disaster? No. At the end of the season, will I look back and think this was a disaster? No.

“I thought it was good. We’re bitterly disappointed to concede three goals in the second half.”

Baker ended a scramble in the Truro box when he poked home on 16 minutes, the first proper chance the game had.

Soon after the opening goal, the match entered a lull that saw neither side threaten – before Dolphins found their second on 31 minutes.

Sam Jackson, the only change from the Poole side that beat Tooting and Mitcham 10 days ago, flicked the ball on to Baker.

The frontman still had it all to do from an extremely tight angle, pulling the trigger late and beating keeper James Hamon with a placed finish.

And with the last touch of the first half, Poole’s Carmichael tried his luck from the edge of the area – rifling a shot into the roof of the net and putting the game seemingly out of Truro’s reach.

But the hosts came flying out after the break – taking just eight minutes to pull a goal back.

Jephcott found enough space in a switched off Poole defence to fire home and give Truro hope.

On the hour mark, Harvey turned Truro’s hope into Poole’s concern when he nipped ahead of Jamie Whisken to head home and set-up a nervy final 30 minutes.

Poole’s defence eventually broke, when they allowed left-back Law plenty of space to send a stunning effort in from 25-yards for the hosts.

“On the whole, we defended manfully but they scored a great, great goal at the end,” said Killick.

“The most disappointing thing was their first goal. Just when they seemed to be running out of ideas, it completely transformed the whole game.

“Suddenly you’re facing driving winds and rain, with six people stood up front, them just whacking it forward.

“It’s just one of those occasions. When the dust has settled, we came four hours on the coach against one of the supposed best teams in the division and we drew.”

Dolphins lost the opportunity to leapfrog Truro in the league table, with both sides remaining second and third respectively.

Dolphins: Cairney, Gleditsch, Leslie-Smith, Spetch, Whisken, Dickson (Bedford, 80), Carmichael, Moore, Baker (Dennett, 65), Brooks, Jackson. Unused subs: Smeeton, Cope, Phillips (g/k).