BOURNEMOUTH boss Will Croker admitted “unforced errors” played a big part in his side’s hammering at home against National Two South big-guns Tonbridge Juddians.

Lions fell to a fourth defeat in as many matches since promotion, as they went down 49-10 to the Kent-based side.

And director of rugby Croker was quick to recognise his charges had made it hard for themselves.

He said: “I was delighted with some of the application, if not the execution.

“Too many unforced errors. Missing touch, missing line-outs, meant that we didn’t get enough points on the board.

“We need to be a little bit more pragmatic. We have come into National Two trying to play the beautiful game.

“Sometimes we need to be a bit more hard-nosed and take our opportunities to get points.”

Lions expected a difficult afternoon as they welcomed a Tonbridge side who finished third last season, one point from sealing promotion.

And the home crowd – who had not seen their side lose at Chapel Gate for two years before this season’s defeat at the hands of Worthing – were given early hope as Tonbridge openside flanker, Ryan Ward, was sent to the sin-bin for slowing a quick tap penalty.

Bournemouth fly-half Grant Hancox landed the resulting penalty for a 3-0 lead.

But hometown prop Luca Firetto returned the favour when he received a yellow card on 23 minutes, as Bournemouth were forced into changes in the front row.

The first half was a tense battle with Lions in the ascendancy for long periods.

But mistakes allowed the visitors to twice break the Bournemouth resistance.

The scores came first through Hugo Watson’s 26th-minute try on Tonbridge’s first visit into the Bournemouth half.

Charlie Edwards then added a second for the visitors on the stroke of half-time. Both were converted by stand-off Will Robinson, taking the visitors to half-time with a 14-3 lead.

Lions were forced into further changes at the break, with centre Freddie Gleadowe and second-row Sam Knott removed from the action.

The second half was one-way traffic as the superior power and experience of the visitors began to tell. Four tries in 10 minutes stretched to 35-3 Juddians’ lead.

Flanker Ben Russell’s 65th-minute try gave Bournemouth some consolation.

But a yellow for Gleadowe, who had returned to action as an injury replacement, and further converted try from the visitors at the death compounded Bournemouth’s misery.

The result saw Tonbridge hit the top of the league table with maximum points from their opening four games.

Bournemouth sit rock bottom ahead of Saturday’s trip to Old Albanians.