TALBOT Rangers maintained their excellent start in Hayward Sunday League Division One when coming out on top in a 4-3 thriller with reigning champions Loch & Quay.

Dominic Falco struck for Rangers after 15 minutes and Sami Makhloufi added a second just past the half-hour mark.

Rangers were rocked though, when Pepe Smith brought Loch & Quay back into the game with a spectacular 35-yard effort and Jamie Morgan equalised from the penalty spot on the stroke of half time.

Shane Sheridan restored Rangers’ lead three minutes into the second half and they looked to have it sewn up thanks to a superb strike from substitute Mickey Finch seven minutes from time.

Smith netted his second of the game for Loch & Quay in the 86th minute to ensure a tense finish but Talbot held firm.

Elsewhere, Sam Lanahan and Max Wilcock both notched hat-tricks when Abbey blitzed Alderney Manor 9-1 to go second in the table on goal difference.

Chris Long bagged a brace with Micky Hubbard also on target. Jim Crossin scored Alderney’s consolation goal.

Alex Whitehouse struck twice when East Christchurch SSC returned to winning ways in a 5-0 victory over West Howe with Callum Dickenson, Aza Khider and Jamie Trimble adding one each.

In the other Division One game, Liam Holland struck twice to give Newtown Athletic the edge 3-2 against AFC Stourvale.

Tom Mann was the other Newtown marksman with Ryan Christopher and Adam Jenkins replying for Stourvale.

AFC Branksome lead the way in Division Two after Ryan Barker settled the issue 1-0 against JP Morgan.

Brad Connell struck for Vienna Suttoners but they had to settle for a point when NMO managed to hold them to a 1-1 draw thanks to a goal from Dan Marks.

Alan Marsh and Matt McCrow earned Bournemouth Athletic a 2-2 draw against AFC East Christchurch, who replied through Ben Collie and Tom Easom.

Shoulder of Mutton finished all square 3-3 against Bearwood Broncos. Louis Baker Stroud, Tim Somerfield and Rich Newman were the Shoulder of Mutton marksmen with Broncos replying through Dan Edwards and a couple of goals from Ash Williams.

Alex Corbin rattled in four as Tower Park poleaxed Bournemouth Sports Mercury 6-2. James Palermo and Charlie King added one each for Park while Mercury replied through Matthew Hicks and an own goal.

Portchester took over on top of Division Three after Kingsley White (2), Luke Bealey, Stuart Marshall and Alex Hawey gave them the upper hand 5-3 against former leaders AFC Wimborne whose goals came via Matty Groves, Mark Ford and Nathan Santangelo-Barber.

Arch rivals Vienna Suttoners reserves are hot on their heels after sweeping aside AFC Fiveways 4-1 courtesy of Sam Purdy’s hat-trick and a goal from David Price. Ian Marshall was the Fiveways scorer.

Nick Mitchell struck twice in Poole Borough Rovers’ 3-2 success against Rushmere with Adam Frohlich also on target. Rushmere replied through Adam Nicholass and Harrison Spall.

Poole Wanderers were 3-1 winners against Iford Park Rangers thanks to Ryan Musselwhite and a couple of goals from Ellis Greenslade. Alexander Pryde was the Iford scorer.

Loch & Quay reserves are the only team in Division Four with maximum points after they got the better of Grange Athletic 5-3 courtesy of Sam Joy’s hat-trick and further goals from Patrick Barnes and Joe Kimber.

Rick Witherington, Mikey Sewell and Joshua Smith were the Grange marksmen.

Dan Hallworth and Ben Di Verdi netted for Boscombe Celtic but they went down 4-2 against Poole Borough Rovers reserves, who netted through Dan Frisby, an own goal and a couple of goals from Luke Hall.

James Smith was the four-goal star of Kirkfield United’s 7-0 triumph over Alderney Manor reserves with Matt Justice, Danny Mirto and David Bergson adding one each.

Jamie Cooper’s hat-trick proved decisive in Upton Sociedad’s 4-2 success against Parkstone. Ben Lees was the other Upton scorer while Harry Wheeler and Matt Knight replied for Parkstone.

Nathaniel Hobbs netted for Morden but Scott V upended them 4-1 thanks to Matt Naylor, Kieran Davies and a couple of goals from Jordan Osmond.

Daniel Palmer plundered five when Division Five high-flyers Kraken Sports gave New Milton Borough a 6-1 thumping. Toby Ambrose was the other Kraken marksman with George Randall scoring Borough’s consolation goal.

Aaron Towers put Woodville Wanderers in front direct from a corner just 45 seconds into their game with Branksome Liberal. Both teams emerged with unbeaten records intact though, after Corbin Sherwood equalised to earn Branksome a 1-1 draw.

Home Style netted through Ashley Parratt (2) and Lee Burton but Boscombe Celtic reserves had the upper hand 5-3 thanks to Mark Jimmy, Jordan Picken, James Morris and a couple of goals from John Bailey.

Harvey Boothby, Louie Dacombe and Kami Kwiatkowski gave Forest United a 3-0 success against Parkstone Athletic.

Lloyd Wallen (2), Matt James and Joe Taylor ensured a 4-2 win for JP Morgan reserves against Siemens. Dean Davis and Rhys Jessop were the Siemens scorers.

Division Six pacesetters Poole Rovers are the only Sunday League side yet to concede a goal after sinking Quayside 6-0 with Karl Chalkley and Tyler Gregory bagging two each with Jamie Marten and Daniel Massieu-King also on target.

Troy Light and Jarad King plundered four and three goals respectively when West Howe reserves walloped Siemens reserves 7-2.

Boscombe Celtic A shaded it 3-2 against Longfleet thanks to Paul Sarge and a couple of goals from Alex Mackenzie.

Grange Athletic reserves were also 3-2 winners when Lewis Hinton, Taryn McColm and Steve Barton accounted for Academy.

Kayne Barnet netted for Kings Park Dynamos in the Under-18 Division but Alex Rodrigues struck twice to give Greenfields the verdict 2-1.

Abid Zaman and Luke Betts struck for Muscliffe Dynamos but they had to settle for a point when Ethan McCarthy and Eliot Hare earned Redhill Rangers a 2-2 draw.

Meanwhile, Josh Stoodley’s strike for Ringwood Town Whites was not enough to save them from a 3-1 defeat against Lymington Town.

Dylan Cooper struck twice for Ringwood Town Reds in the first round of the Hampshire Sunday Under-18 Cup and, with Jamie Quainton also on target, they were 3-0 winners against Winchester Youth.