BOURNEMOUTH Manor lifted the MA Hart Poole Bay Challenge Cup for the third time in four seasons after they emerged 2-0 winners against current Hayward Saturday Premier Division leaders Electric.

Manor were quickly into their stride and causing problems in the final at Hurn Bridge.

Dave Saunders put Jamie Morgan through on goal in the second minute. Although Electric goalkeeper Matt Cleere came off his line to close him down, Morgan managed to slide a pass across to Shane Barney, whose shot was cleared off the line by Ash Nippard. Morgan then crossed for Barney to steer a header past Cleere and into the net but the flag was up for offside.

In the eighth minute, Terry Foote latched on to a wayward pass to fire an 18-yard effort over the bar before another stray pass four minutes later let Barney in. As Cleere came out to narrow the angle, Barney struck his shot wide of the far post.

Electric broke away in the 16th minute with Lewis Sainval accelerating past Dan Pidgley but Manor stopper Jack Robertson came out well to save at his feet.

Foote then put Morgan away down the right in the 20th minute but Cleere managed to get the ball behind for a corner with his legs.

Morgan, who was at the heart of most attacks, delivered a succession of dangerous balls into the penalty area, which resulted in headers from Barney and Foote going close. Morgan then sent a 25-yard free-kick just over the crossbar.

Manor’s relentless pressure paid off on the half hour when Foote found Morgan on the right and he cut inside before drilling the ball into the far corner of the net.

Electric conceded again seven minutes later. Sammy Davis played a neat ball through to Morgan, who was brought down in the penalty area. Manor skipper Darren Spiers tucked home from 12 yards.

The lead was almost extended further when Foote headed Sam Purdy’s cross against the bar and, on the stroke of half-time, Foote was denied again by a brave save from Cleere, with Barney’s effort on the rebound cleared to safety by Ash Williams.

Electric came into the game more after the break and they mounted a promising attack in the 50th minute. A great pass by Robbie Harber put Joe May away down the left but Jack Kinge-Phillips, coming in at the far post, was not quite able to get to the cross.

Moments later, Saunders won possession and found Barney, who set up Purdy but his shot whistled over the bar.

A defensive slip in the 57th minute appeared to send Electric’s Dean Seal through on goal, however, Robertson came off his line quickly to claim the ball.

The goalkeeper was called upon again 15 minutes later to send Kinge-Phillips’s well-placed free-kick away from goal.

Manor: Robertson, Pidgley, Janes, Sault, Spiers, Foote (Thompson, 87), Saunders, Davis, Barney (Arif, 90), Purdy (Miller, 70), Morgan (Foster, 90).

Electric: Cleere, Nippard, Williams (Charles, 80), McGregor (Partridge, 45), Lanham, Harber, Kinge-Phillips (Myers, 81), Miles, Sainval (Musselwhite, 67), May, Seal.