QUEEN’S Park Athletic produced a big upset against holders and Premier Division outfit Bournemouth Manor to clinch the MA Hart Pickford Cup.

The Division One promotion contenders dedicated their success in the competition to the memory of former manager Mark Samson and their 42-year-old chairman Ben Scott, who both tragically passed away in recent years.

Queen’s Park settled quickly in the Hurn Bridge final with most of the possession in the first half. They had an excellent opportunity to go in front from the penalty spot in the 25th minute.

Harry Montacute played the ball forward and Adam Clark’s deft touch put it behind the Manor backline. Goalkeeper Jack Robertson got to the ball before Martin Smith but was unable to hold on to it and brought the striker down as he tried to capitalise on the opening. However, Robertson made amends by getting down well to save Tom Pepper’s penalty kick.

Queen’s Park continued to press for an opener and took the lead in the 37th minute when, after Dean Mellor’s corner from the left, the ball came to Lloyd Pearce on the opposite flank and his excellent delivery enabled Smith to steer a header beyond Roberston.

Smith notched a second as the clash edged towards half-time. Robertson blocked an initial effort from Pearce, who had been put through by a good ball from Clark, before Smith pounced on the rebound and lobbed it over the goalkeeper and into the back of net.

Manor halved the deficit in first-half stoppage time. Jamie Morgan’s cross from the right found Terry Foote who sent a powerful header against the Queen’s Park crossbar. The rebound fell to Luke Scrimshaw who went down under a challenge from Mike Wheeler. Manor skipper Darren Spiers despatched his effort from the spot with the final kick of the first half.

At the start of the second half, Manor began purposefully, with Foote heading on for Brad Aspin to fire a 20-yard effort just wide of the post in the 54th minute and the higher-league side were back on level terms a minute later.

Foote again fed the ball through to Aspin who was bowled over in the penalty area by goalkeeper Harry Shaw. Spiers made no mistake again to score his second goal of the game from the penalty spot.

However, Queen’s Park regained their advantage in the 65th minute when Pearce raced down the right flank and whipped in a low cross to Pepper at the far post. Pepper rolled the ball across into the path of Jonathan Hall who slotted home to restore the lead.

Manor suffered another setback two minutes later when Aspin received a second yellow card for a challenge on Pearce.

In the 83rd minute, Martin Sault got the ball through to Dan Pidgley but he was denied by Shaw, who then made a one-handed save to stop Mickey Finch from equalising.

This was followed by a Manor corner which Shaw did well to hold under pressure, while Manor appeals that the ball had crossed the line were waved away by the referee.

Victory was secured late on when Pearce beat Pidgley and crossed for Clark to tuck away neatly inside the far post.

Bournemouth Manor: Robertson, Miller (Sault, 52), Dand, Janes (Pidgley, 62), Davis (Saunders, 72), Carkeet, Spiers, Foote (Barney, 70), Aspin, Scrimshaw, Morgan (Finch, 72).

Queen’s Park Athletic: Shaw, Doe (Cole, 88), Rayner, Montacute, Clark, Mellor (Hughes, 80), Wheeler, Pepper, Merry (Hall, 60), Pearce, Smith.