ALEX Whitehouse’s hat-trick helped East Christchurch SSC book their place in the semi-finals of the MA Hart Robbins Cup.

They secured a 5-2 fifth-round victory over Newtown Athletic.

Whitehouse opened the scoring after 14 minutes with Jonny King doubling their lead two minutes later.

Newtown pulled one back through Dan Molyneaux on the half hour mark but their revival was halted when Whitehouse struck twice in rapid succession early in the second half to complete his hat-trick.

Liam Holland reduced the deficit with a 69th-minute penalty but East Christchurch immediately restored their three-goal advantage through substitute Tommy Harris.

It looked as though it would be business as usual for flawless Wiseguys when Steve Haime gave them an early lead against Hayward Sunday League Division Two pacesetters AFC Stourvale.

But an epic battle ensued with Stourvale eventually emerging 6-5 victors.

Robbie Johnstone scored their late winner with a great header from Nathan Redwood’s cross.

Redwood had bagged a brace for the league leaders, as did Ryan Christopher, with the other goal coming from Celso Faria.

Kev Griffin struck twice for Wiseguys with Ollie Bolton and Abraham Adesoji adding one each.

Parley Sports moved up to second place after Sam Holland, Laurence Russell and Carl Phillips gave them the edge 3-2 against Bournemouth Sports Mercury, who replied through Dean Norman and Jamie Barclay.

AFC Burton chalked up their second win of the season in Division One when Dan Brennan, Max Crow and Joe Sparks earned them a 3-0 success in the basement battle with JP Morgan.

Ollie Peckham’s strike for Richmond Park Rangers in Division Three was not enough to save them from a 3-1 defeat against Tower Park, who netted through Alex Corbin and a couple of goals from Charlie King.

Shane Leopold struck twice for Redhill Rangers but they had to settle for a point in Division Four when Lewis Sherwood and Dan Wills earned bottom-side Branksome Liberal a 2-2 draw.

Boscombe Celtic opened up a four-point lead at the top of Division Five when Alex Rossi bagged a vital hat-trick to subdue Parkstone 5-4.

Connor Picken and Jorge Correia added one each for Celtic with Parkstone replying through Dylan Bennett, Jamie O’Shea and two goals from Harry Wheeler.

Leon Samson netted for Woodville Wanderers but the Division Six leaders took a heavy tumble.

West Howe reserves toppled them 5-1 with goals from Khaleel Graham (2), Jarad King, Adam Bartlett and Zak Cole.

Callum Smith struck for Longfleet but Academy were 4-1 winners through Gary Avery-Carter, Ollie Nino and a couple of goals from Tom Stephen.

Ollie Balmer hit a hat-trick as Hayward Sunday Division One leaders Loch & Quay blasted their way into the John Ward Sunday Senior Cup final.

They recorded an emphatic 8-2 semi-final triumph over Frimley Wolves.

Pepe Smith, Shane Sheridan, River Smith and Dan Hiscock added one each for the visitors, who also benefited from an own goal by a Wolves defender.

Loch & Quay’s opponents in the final will be Wicor Mill, who were 5-3 winners against East Christchurch SSC in the third round.

Brad Connell (2), James Bainton and Steve Lucas gave Vienna Suttoners the upper hand 4-2 against AFC Riverside in their Hampshire Intermediate Cup quarter-final.

Meanwhile, Hamworthy Recreation under-18s are through to the Endeavour Challenge Cup final after their 3-1 success against Lymington Town on Sunday.

Rec forged ahead in the first half thanks to Daniel Newman and a couple of goals from Joseph Scarano.

Lymington pulled one back after the break with a bullet header from Giacomo Bigazzi.

But it was not enough to prevent Hamworthy booking their place in the Hurn Bridge final against Ringwood Town on Sunday, March 24.