THE John Ward Hampshire Senior Cup quarter-final between Loch & Quay and Talbot Rangers produced a full-blooded contest with the former side coming back from a goal down to win 2-1.

Beaten finalists last season, Rangers took a first-half lead courtesy of a Marcus Cullen penalty but the introduction of Shane Sheridan after the break paid dividends for the hosts when he swept home a cross to put them on terms.

And keeper Nathan Clark was beaten for a second time when Harry Cooper struck.

Vienna Suttoners are in the last eight of the Hampshire Intermediate Cup after Josh Thompson’s 88th-minute winner gave them the verdict 4-3 in their fourth-round tie against Wickham Dynamos. Matty Chapman-Burnett struck twice for Suttoners with Dave Brown also on target.

Max Wilcock led the way with a hat-trick when Dorset Sunday Challenge Cup holders Abbey began their defence with an 8-1 fourth-round triumph over Newtown Athletic. Chris Long (2), Simon Bereznicki, Mark Dykes and Luke Dawe were the other Abbey marksman while Dan Molyneaux scored Newtown's consolation.

Nasim Meddah was the five-goal star of Wakanda’s 14-1 trouncing of Poole Borough with Diego Galusni, Karol Rog, Ali Fakhal and Kieran Shirley adding two each. Abdulaziz Aldhayan was the other Wakanda scorer with Lewis Armstrong replying for Borough.

Sam Thompson and Will Robinson bagged hat-tricks when Alderney Manor gave Parley Sports a 7-1 drubbing. James King scored the other two Alderney goals with James Soulsby scoring for Parley.

Division Five strugglers Forest United avoided defeat for the first time this season when Liam Smith and Oli Sommerfelt ensured a 2-0 success against Rendezvous in the first round of the Dorset Sunday Plate.

Harry Yates gave JP Morgan a 2-0 lead against Portchester in the MA Hart Robbins Cup fourth round. Kingsley White's brace took the tie to extra time before JP Morgan prevailed 3-1 in the shootout.

AFC Stourvale are five points clear at the top of Hayward Sunday League Division Two after Alistair Garard, Celso Ferreira and Robbie Johnson gave them a 3-1 success against Rushmere, who replied through Kevin Hennessy.

Louis Baker-Stroud struck twice for Shoulder of Mutton but AFC Wimborne had the upper hand 4-2 thanks to Ben Saunders, Alex Henley and a couple of goals from George Corbin.

Matt Hillyar and Liam Roberts scored for tailenders NMO but they were on the receiving end when Bournemouth Sports Mercury crushed them 13-2 with goals from Dean Iles (2), Dean Norman (2), Matt Hicks (2), Simon Wiltshire (2), Rob Sweeney, Dave Cavill, Jaques Bernard, Dan Felton and Tayo Francis.

Second-place Bearwood Broncos netted through Ash Williams and a couple of goals from Dan Edwards but they had to settle for a point in Division Three when Poole Wanderers held them to a 3-3 draw. Jack Braeman scored twice for Wanderers but was denied a hat-trick when he had a penalty kick saved. Fortunately for Wanderers, George Wescott slotted home the rebound.

Bournemouth Athletic were three goals down after 20 minutes against AFC Fiveways but they came back to win 4-3 with goals from Rich Preston, Kevin Crabb, Ash Damen and Jack Knight.

Dan Baguley’s late winner gave Richmond Park Rangers the edge 2-1 against Tower Park. It was Baguley’s second goal of the game, while Joe Heron netted for Tower Park.

Levi Rideagh struck for AFC Burton reserves against AFC East Christchurch but ex-Burton boys Ben Collie (2) and Tom Easom sank their former colleagues 3-1.

Luke Scrimshaw plundered five when Vienna Suttoners reserves gave Redhill Rangers a 6-1 drubbing to go level on points with Division Four pacesetters Portcastrian. Sam Purdy was the other Suttoners marksman with Jon Brown scoring Redhill’s consolation.

KB Sports and West Mullen cancelled each other out in a 0-0 draw while Kieran Davies, Jordan Osmond and Rhys Huggett gave Scott V a 3-1 success against Morden, who replied through Martin Haskell.

Division Five frontrunners Grange Athletic netted through Richard Witherington, Ryan Elsworth and Kasper Staniszewski but Boscombe Celtic got a late goal to seal a 4-3 win. Paul Bright, John Bailey, Connor Picken and Andy Trapp were the Celtic marksmen.

Parkstone Athletic are level on points with the leaders after their 7-1 triumph over Christchurch Starre with goals from Jon Sebbar (2), Simon Billingham (2), Reece Miller, Craig Rollinson and Storm Graham. Anton Pavlovicios was the Christchurch scorer.

Parkstone were 3-0 winners against New Milton Borough thanks to Jamie O’Shea, Dylan Smith and Dylan Bennett.

Woodville Wanderers are five points clear at the top of Division Six after Aiden Carter, Aaron Towers and Harry Salter accounted for Longfleet 3-0.

Nearest rivals JP Morgan reserves netted through Dan Hunter and Seef Sepahi but they were sunk 4-2 by goals from Poole Rovers' Tyler Gregory, Lewis Worrell, Sam Chown and George Burgess.

West Howe reserves took over in second place after sinking Quayside 6-0 thanks to James Platt, Khaleel Graham, Jarad King, Adam Bartlett and a couple of goals from Lloyd Hemming.

Academy registered back-to-back victories for the first time when Oliver Nino and Liam Connor clinched a 2-0 win over Canford Rovers reserves.

In the Under-18s Endeavour Challenge Cup, Tom McKew and Tom Jarvis netted for Hamworthy Recreation but Redhill Rangers held them to a 2-2 draw with goals from Euen Clarke and Ollie Jones.

The semi-finals of the competition will take place on Sunday, February 3 with Lymington Town playing Hamworthy Recreation and Christchurch facing Ringwood Town.