THREE fire crews have attended a property in Christchurch this afternoon following reports of a blaze on the first floor.

Crews from across Christchurch and Springbourne were called to the incident in Park Gardens in the Somerford area just after 2pm.

The fire was extinguished using two hose reel jets and a main jet, and all occupants were safely out of the property at the time.

Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “We were called to Park Gardens, Christchurch at 2.03pm for a reported fire on the first floor of a terraced property.”

Speaking at the scene, station manager Julian Lockwood told the Daily Echo: “On arrival, there was no one present.

Bournemouth Echo:

“The owner has now turned up, but she had left about half an hour earlier. Both children were not in at the time.

“It was quite a severe fire.

“It’s under investigation but at this stage we think its accidental.”

Fire crews have also suggested that the house pets have not yet been accounted for, but are hopeful that they were able to escape.

Elley Pimble, a resident living nearby, was able to watch the incident occur from her window. She said: “The smoke started pouring out the window. All the residents started coming out.”

“We could see the windows wobbling.”