A FIRE in a toilet block in Poole Park sparked an emergency service response.

Two crews from Poole Fire Station were sent to the scene at around 8.30pm on Friday, May 13, following a call from a member of the public who said the public toilets were on fire.

A Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: "Firefighters from Poole Fire Station attended with two pumping appliances and extinguished the fire using one hose reel jet and ventilated using a positive pressure ventilation fan."

No details were given by the fire service over whether the incident was being investigated by police.

The Poole Park callout marked the start of a busy weekend for Dorset crews, with blazes at Canford Heath, a hotel and flat in Bournemouth and a house in Wimborne among the incidents responded to by crews.