FIREFIGHTERS rescued a person after they were exposed to a chemical at a property in Poole.

Emergency services were called to the incident at a property on Ringwood Road in Poole this afternoon.

Three fire crews from Poole attended the call at 1.30pm on Wednesday, October 20.

The crews removed a casualty from the property using breathing apparatus and left the person in the care of the ambulance crews.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus and gas tight suits then removed the chemical into an oversized drum outside of the property.

The fire service recorded their stop at 3.06pm.