TWO fire crews were called out to a building in Wareham after a hairdryer caught fire in a shower block.

Firefighters from Bridport and Weymouth attended the incident at 9.34am on Saturday October 2.

On arrival, crews found that the hairdryer which was alight was already out and the firefighters returned to their respective stations.

A fire service spokesman said: “Crews from Bridport and Weymouth were mobilised to reports of a hairdryer on fire within a shower and toilet block at a public assembly building in West Lulworth.

“The first attending crew arrived quickly on scene and confirmed that the hairdryer was out on arrival and no action was undertaken by FRS crews.”