POOLE Lifeboat helped two people off a sinking 42ft yacht as part of a busy day for volunteers.

The Coastguard first launched the lifeboat at 11.40am on Tuesday to Brownsea Island.

A spokesperson for RNLI Poole Lifeboat Station said: “Poole Lifeboat was launched by UK Coastguard just after 11.40am to a medically assess a person on Brownsea Island.

The lifeboat arrived on scene and two crew were deployed to administer casualty care, the poorly person was taking shelter from the heat of the day in the Café.

“Meanwhile as the lifeboat was standing by at Brownsea Island Pier another vessel came alongside, a 14ft Boston Whaler, one of the people onboard had injured his toe and sought some medical assistance, a crew member ashore met the injured person on Brownsea Pier and dressed the injured toe, to make it as comfortable as possible, with this, the casualty was happy to continue on his way.

“Shortly after, another passing boat relayed some information, they had seen four children on a stand-up paddleboard near to the Harbour entrance and were very concerned that the SUP may drift out into the harbour entrance.

“Leaving the two-crew in the café administering first aid, the lifeboat departed to investigate, heading to where the previous boat had seen the SUP.

“The lifeboat crew came across a SUP, tied to one of the piers at Sandbank and they ascertained that the children had been on the board. A person nearby confirmed that all the children were safe and well as the board had been tethered, so it was a ‘good intent’ call.

The lifeboat returned to Brownsea, where the poorly person had been escorted to the Ferry, she felt a little better and was okay to depart the Island via the ferry.

The lifeboat crew returned to station, refuelled and the lifeboat was made ready for service by 2pm.”

Later, at 5pm, the lifeboat volunteers were tasked to a 42ft Fairline with two people on board, that was taking on water in the vicinity of Parkstone Yacht Club.

The crew discovered a boat at anchor, with its stern down, the lifeboat checked that the two casualties were okay and swiftly transferred them off the stricken vessel and took them ashore to Parkstone Yacht Club as there was a real concern that the vessel was going to go down.

The spokesperson added: “Poole Coastguard Rescue Team had also been tasked, to meet the casualties shore side.

“Once the casualties were safely ashore, the lifeboat returned to their vessel and isolated the fuel, the vessel was too far in the water and taking on water, to doing anything further.

“The lifeboat informed the Coastguard of the vessel’s perilous predicament, and the coastguard will liaise with Harbour Control to decide on any further appropriate action.

The lifeboat crew returned to station, refuelled and made the lifeboat ready for service by just before 7pm.