FIREFIGHTERS tackled a blaze in the bedroom of a first floor flat in Bournemouth.

Crews from Westbourne and Springbourne rushed to the scene following a call at 6.30am on Friday, April 30.

The fire service had received reports of a fire within a domestic building in Poole Road.

A Dorset & Wiltshire Rescue and Service spokeswoman said: "We received a call at 6.30am with reports of a fire within domestic building on Poole Road, Bournemouth.

"One crew from Westbourne and one from Springbourne were mobilised to the incident.

"On arrival crews found a fire within a bedroom in the first floor flat of the building.Two breathing apparatus wearers used three hose reel jets to extinguish the fire and one person was treated for smoke inhalation.

"No one was rescued from the building. The stop message came in at 8.05am and crews remained on scene until 8.40am."