FIREFIGHTERS were called to a commercial property at Lytchett Minster earlier this morning, after a fire was reported in a ground floor unit.

Two fire engines from Poole fire station attended, along with fire crews from Wareham and Hamworthy supported by the aerial ladder and a water carrier.

A spokesman for Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "The stop came in at 10.22am, saying the fire had been extinguished by six breathing apparatus wearers using two hose reel jets.

"Thermal imaging cameras were also used to check the whole building for fire spread.

"Following an investigation, it was determined that the fire started accidentally due to an electrical fault."

The incident took place at Dorchester Road, Lytchett Minster, around 7.20am on Thursday, April 22.