THREE crews were called to a town centre fire in the early hours of this morning.

Two crews from Swanage and one from Wareham were alerted to Swanage at 4.33am where they found a person suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation.

A spokesman for Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue said the fire took place in a bedroom in a town centre property.

Speeding driver tests positive for cocaine

"The room was badly damaged by heat and smoke and was extinguished using two sets of breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet.

"One occupant was treated for smoke inhalation but not taken to hospital."