THE inquest has opened into the death of a Bournemouth Travelodge receptionist who suffered “multiple blunt force head injuries”.

Marta Vento, aged 27 and of Derby Road, died at the hotel in Christchurch Road on December 9.

Dorset Police launched an investigation and a 32-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder.

An inquest into Miss Vento’s death was opened on December 16 at Bournemouth Town Hall by senior coroner for Dorset Rachael Griffin.

Senior coroner’s officer Ian Parry told the short hearing: “Police were called to the location following reports of an unresponsive female.

“Paramedics and police arrived, where the paramedics confirmed death at the scene.

“The death of Miss Vento has been subject to ongoing police investigations.”

He added: “She was formally identified by way of fingerprint comparison undertaken by the Devon and Cornwall Police Fingerprint Bureau.”

Bournemouth Echo: The Travelodge in Christchurch Road, Bournemouth, remains cordoned off after the discovery of the body of a receptionist

Mrs Griffin said Miss Vento was a single lady who was born in Valencia, Spain.

A post-mortem examination took place on December 10 at Holly Tree Lodge mortuary in Boscombe.

Forensic pathologist Dr Purdue provided a provisional cause of death of multiple blunt force head injuries, the inquest heard, with samples retained to assist in determining the final cause of death.

Mrs Griffin released Miss Vento’s body for the purposes of her funeral.

The coroner said she would not request further statements in relation to her death until police’s investigation had been concluded.

The inquest was adjourned, with a pre-inquest review hearing set for May 6, 2021.

As reported, a 32-year-old man from Bournemouth attended Bournemouth police station and was arrested on suspicion of murder.

On December 11, Dorset Police said the arrested man had been detained under mental health legislation.

Bournemouth Echo:

Following an assessment by mental health professionals, the man was detained under section two of the Mental Health Act and will remain in the care of the mental health services for an initial 28-day period.

Detective Chief Inspector Jez Noyce, of Dorset Police’s Major Crime Investigation Team, said: “Our thoughts continue to remain with the victim’s family and everyone who has been affected by this terribly sad incident.

“Officers are keeping the victim’s family updated and they are being supported by specially-trained officers.

“While the arrested man has been transferred to the care of mental health services, the investigation is still ongoing and I am continuing to appeal to anyone who witnessed or heard anything suspicious in the area of the Travelodge in Christchurch Road on the morning of Wednesday, December 9, to please get in touch.

“Local officers will be providing an increased presence in the area and can be approached by members of the community with any concerns.”

Bournemouth Echo:

Anyone with information is asked to contact Dorset Police at, via email or by calling 101, quoting occurrence number 55200184895. Alternatively, to stay 100 per cent anonymous, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers online at or call Freephone 0800 555 111.