THIS is the dramatic moment fire ripped through the first floor and roof of a Bournemouth home.

Flames engulfed part of the Winton home and black smoke could be seen for miles around.

Fire crews were called to Parker Road just before 3pm yesterday and immediately called for back-up when they saw the extent of the blaze.

A spokesman for Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service said crews from Redhill and Westbourne arrived at the scene first and were told there may be people inside the property.

Bournemouth Echo:

A crew from Christchurch also attended along with the aerial platform from Westbourne.

“Once in attendance the crews found that the building was well alight, but that thankfully no persons were injured or required rescuing” said the spokesman.

“Crews then requested a further two pumps to assist and these were sent from Christchurch and Springbourne, along with specialist supporting appliances from Hamworthy and Poole.”

Crews used one mainline jet, two hose reel jets, six breathing apparatus and the aerial ladder platform to extinguish the fire in the first floor bedroom which had spread to the roof.

The fire caused causing 80 per cent fire damage to the first floor and 20 per cent to the roof.