THEY have been around for more than 120 years and in that time have moved home, tasted glory and defeat and have been a vital part of local footballing leagues.

Founded in 1898, Brockenhurst FC originally played close to Rhinefield Ornamental Drive.

The club were founding members of the New Forest league, which they went on to win numerous times.

They moved to a site between the Rose and Crown and Snakecatcher pubs shortly before the First World War, moving to Fathersfield once the conflict was over.

In 1931 The Badgers, as they are often called, moved again to Black Knoll and in 1935 they lifted the New Forest Lads Cup.

Just two years later and and the team moved to Oberfield until after the Second World War when they moved once again to Tile Barn. They shifted base one last time in 1951 to their current home of Grigg Lane.

The club were crowned as champions of Hampshire Division Three in 1960 as well as winning the Bournemouth Senior Cup.

In 1971 the clubBrockenhurst were promoted to Division One, winning the league title in the 1975-76 season.

When the Wessex League began in 1986, Brockenhurst were founding members.

In 2012 the club returned to the Wessex Premier League as Division One champions and reached the final of both the Southampton DFA Senior Cup and the Wessex League Cup.