FOUR fire crews attended a “substantial” fire at the rear of a property in Wimborne in the early hours of this morning.

The fire service was alerted to the incident in Uppington Close, Hinton Martell, Wimborne at 12.07am on Tuesday, July 14.

A spokesperson for Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Four fire engines attended, two from Wimborne, one from Verwood and one from Cranborne.

“The fire involved a timber tree house, and had also affected garden furniture, a gas barbecue and a shed.

“The occupants of the property were alerted by a neighbour and evacuated safely. There was no damage to the house and the occupants were able to return.

“Firefighters used two hose reel jets to extinguish the fire, which started accidentally after a campfire wasn’t fully extinguished.

“We would remind everyone to always ensure that any open fire is completely doused with water before being left unattended.”