A DISASTROUS Tinsel and Turkey weekend at a Bournemouth hotel has left guests fuming and demanding their money back.

They claim the Hinton Firs Hotel had little food and drink in stock, the heating was broken and staffing levels were so low they had to pitch in and serve themselves.

Guests did not receive a Christmas dinner, there were no lights on the Christmas trees and staff even had to dash to Asda to buy toilet rolls.

Chris Chadwick organised a trip for 70 people from the Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes social club in Surrey for a festive treat at the hotel.

She told the Daily Echo: "I have run the social club for more than 30 years but we have never had anything like this happen before.

"When we arrived the hotel was freezing cold and there was a woman running around like a headless chicken.

"The chef had walked out, someone had run off to Asda to get toilet rolls and the heating was broken.

"They put heaters in some of the rooms, but then took them out again to move them to others. There were a lot of elderly people in our group up to the age of 93."

The group arrived on Friday November 28 and had a "miserable, cold meal" on Friday night.

On Saturday morning the promised cooked breakfast failed to materialise and staff from the previous evening had also walked out, said Chris.

She added: "We were supposed to have Christmas dinner on Saturday but there were only chicken breasts there and we had to help prepare and serve it ourselves.

"There was no wine so I had to go to Asda and buy some myself."

Chris said the heating was fixed on Saturday night but on Sunday morning the only person available to cook breakfast was the night porter.

"We were told the chef was still in bed at 2 o clock in the afternoon.We were so cold and we couldn't put anybody through any more so we called our coach company and went home a day early."

Chris said staff at the hotel have since claimed she did not pay for the trip even though she visited in October to complete the £9,000 payment and has a receipt.

She added: "I just stood in that reception and broke down in tears. I hope they will give us our money back because I'm so upset about what has happened."

The Daily Echo has attempted to contact the Hinton Firs Hotel but has received no response.