A YOUNG mum and her four children are homeless following a blaze which gutted their Poole house.

Bianca Vye and her children lost all their possessions in a fire thought to have been started by an incense stick.

The shocked family discovered their semi-detached home was on fire when they returned from school on Tuesday afternoon.

Now they are all sleeping in a box room at Bianca’s mum’s house and an appeal has been launched to get them back on their feet.

Bianca’s mum, Angie Bushby, told the Daily Echo: “She saw eight fire engines in the road and didn’t realise it was her house at first.

“It was such a shock when she found out - she and the children are very upset.”

Bianca has three daughters, aged 10, nine and three, and a four-year-old son.

Bournemouth Echo:

Angie added: “They have lost absolutely everything - all they have is the clothes they are standing in.

“The fire started in a bedroom and the floor collapsed into the dining room. It also got into the roof space and there is smoke and fire damage to other rooms including the kitchen and the bathroom.”

One of the children also lost a pet hamster in the fire and is said to be “distraught”.

Bianca was due to start a new job as a care assistant on the day of the fire.

A GoFundMe page has been set up by Bianca’s brother, Ryan.

It says: “My sister has lost everything in a house fire, all of her kids’ clothes and toys - everything. She’s absolutely devastated just before Christmas. She’s currently waiting to be rehomed. Any clothes that could be donated or anything would be amazing and would help her out massively with the kids, so please, anybody with a heart, I’d be more than thankful for anything you could help with, thanks.”

Police and fire crews were called to James Road at 3.30pm on Tuesday. Police closed the road to allow firefighters to do their job. No one was hurt.

Crews from Springbourne, Westbourne, Redhill Park, Christchurch and Poole were in attendance along with the aerial ladder platform from Poole.

Fire service group manager Richard Coleman urged householders to ensure they have working smoke alarms in their properties.

Anyone who wishes to help can do so at gofundme.com/f/house-fire-they-have-lost-everything?utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=p_lico+share-sheet