A CORONER has warned of the dangers of taking ‘party drugs’ after a high-achieving student died of an ecstasy overdose at the O2 Academy in Boscombe.

India Thaker collapsed after she took four MDMA ‘bombs’ – wraps of the powder form of ecstasy she had smuggled into the venue in her bra.

Miss Thaker, who had just turned 18, was seen on CCTV falling backwards into other revellers who dragged her to the side of the dance floor.

Medics at the venue treated her at the club before she was rushed to hospital where she later died.

At an inquest in Bournemouth yesterday, it was heard the teenager had just received an offer from Falmouth University to study photography. She was posthumously awarded an A in the subject at A-level.

Her parents Sumuil Thaker, the CEO of a medical science company, and Moira Thaker joined the Dorset coroner to warn of the consequences of taking drugs.

Coroner Rachael Griffin said: “India was an adventurous, bright and sociable person. If any good can come from her death it must serve as a warning of the dangers if taking these drugs.

“People take it for enjoyment but in doing so can have the most tragic consequences.”

Mrs Thaker added: “People take these drugs to enjoy themselves, but they need to realise the danger of what they are doing.”

Miss Thaker had driven with two friends from her home in Thatcham, Berks, to the nightclub on March 30 this year to see dance act My Nu Leng. She smuggled the drugs past security concealed in her bra.

Her friends left her on the dance floor at about 3.20am to go to the toilet but when they returned they could not find her.

A post-mortem examination found Miss Thaker had a high enough concentration of the MDMA in her system for it to be fatal. The coroner recorded a verdict that Miss Thaker died of an MDMA overdose.

Mr Thaker said: “She was adventurous, outgoing – a lovely child who lived a teenager’s life.”