IRATE parents who removed their children from the Queen's Park Pre School - which was closed for more than two weeks following a police investigation, say they are still waiting to receive money they claim they are owed.

Mum Stacey Verhaak said she had put 'thousands' into the pre school, which her two sons attended before it unexpectedly closed in the middle of last month, and she had had to spend 'thousands' to send them to a new pre-school.

"I contacted the pre school about three weeks ago and assumed someone would get back to me but I've heard absolutely nothing and I'm owed £120," she said.

She claimed there were 'at least ten other parents in the same situation' and said that when she called the pre-school's phone number, 'It's not even ringing'.

The Echo called the number on the school's website and left a message, and also emailed the pre-school to ask for a comment. At time of going to press we had received none.

Parents arrived at the Queens Park Pre-school in East Way on a Monday morning in March to discover a notice tied to the gates, which said the school, which is believed to have looked after around 70 children, would be ‘closed this week’.

The school, which is registered with the Charity Commission, failed to re-open the following week and posted a notice about an 'unforeseen financial crisis'.

It re-opened a week later.

The Charity Commission admitted it had received a ‘serious incident report’ from the Ofsted ‘Outstanding’ rated pre-school’s trustees.

“We are aware of concerns regarding Queen’s Park Pre-School Group in Bournemouth,” said the Charity Commission. “The trustees have submitted a serious incident report to the Commission and we have contacted them for further information.”

Within a few hours, Dorset Police had admitted it was investigating an allegation of fraud at the pre-school.

In a statement they said: “At 2.16pm on Sunday March 10, Dorset Police received a call reporting an incident of fraud in relation to money stolen from Queens Park Pre School on East Way in Bournemouth. An investigation is underway. No arrests have been made.”

Police told the Daily Echo their inquiries were ongoing and no arrests had been made.