The inside of Williamson and Treadgold store in the Arcade, Bournemouth, in April 1966. Williamson and Treadgold first traded in Bournemouth in 1882.

At its peak, the firm had more than 20 stores spanning the area from Fawley to Torquay. Williamson and Treadgold merged with Misselbrook & Weston to create Southampton-based Kelsall's Food Stores in September 1964.

The last William and Treadgold in Bournemouth Arcade closed in 1972 when Kelsall's opened at the Hampshire Centre.