FAULTY white goods caused more than 30 fires in East Dorset in the two years from 2016, the fire service has revealed.

Washing machines, tumble dryers, a spin dryer and fridge-freezers were blamed for igniting 33 blazes attended by Dorset and Wiltshire fire service.

Poole saw 11 white goods fires, there were eight in Bournemouth, six in Christchurch, three in the Purbeck area and four in East Dorset.

Firefighters were called to one appliance blaze in North Dorset during this time.

Tumble dryers accounted for the majority of the fires, with 14 catching alight. However, seven washing machines also caused fires and the next highest cause was fridge freezers.