A MAN was found dead at a house in Highcliffe while another was rushed to hospital after going into cardiac arrest.

A thorough police investigation was carried out for several hours at the address on Lymington Road, between the roundabout and Hoburne Naish holiday park.

Police and ambulance were called to the scene at 12.30pm on Monday after receiving a report from the ambulance service that a man had been found dead at an address in Lymington Road.

Bournemouth Echo:

A second man had suffered a cardiac arrest at the property.

The death and medical episode are not currently being treated as suspicious by investigators.

Dorset Police said the man in cardiac arrest had been taken to hospital by the ambulance service His condition is not believed to be life-threatening.

“Officers have attended the address and are carrying out enquiries to establish the cause of the death and the medical episode,” they said.

“At this stage they are not believed to be suspicious.

“The men’s next of kin have been informed and the coroner has been notified.”

Residents and businesses in Highcliffe reported seeing several police cars, ambulances and a fast responder travelling quickly through the village to attend the incident.

Highcliffe ward councillor John Lofts who lives on Lymington Road said: “There were a lot of police and ambulance vehicles going along the road at speed. I’m sure the police are dealing with the incident.”

Crime scene investigators were seen entering the property after the ambulance service had left the address.

Police cars blocked a section on one side of the road while they carried out their initial investigations.

This created traffic issues in the area with queues snaking back to the roundabout and towards the entrance of Chewton Glen.

The police vehicles were cleared from the road shortly after 2pm, however a police presence remained at the address throughout the afternoon.

A Dorset Police van then arrived at the scene to support the police enquiries.

Detectives were seen going to and from the house wearing blue plastic gloves while they investigated the scene.