THE Occupy Homeless camp in Bournemouth town centre was again evicted on Friday morning.

Squatters had moved back onto the site of the former Punshon Memorial Church in Exeter Road just hours after a first eviction on Tuesday.

An eye-witness reported that High Court Sheriffs with dogs returned to the site early on Friday and began clearing it and moving people off the site.

By 11am bailiffs working for the landowners were seen fixing a chain around the gates.

Dorset Police officers also attended to supervise the eviction.

A spokesman for the force said: “We attended in order to prevent a breach of the peace or in the event of any criminal offences but it was a private eviction carried out by people working on behalf of the landlord.

“It was done without disorder and no arrests were made. We have been informed that at this stage the site is now clear of occupied personnel and has been handed back to the landlord.”

Dorset Police confirmed that a man had been arrested and charged on Wednesday in connection with the camp.

Police were called to an incident in Exeter Road, and Gary Sherborne, 55, of Bournemouth, was arrested at Bournemouth Town Hall on suspicion of causing criminal damage.

He is due to appear at Poole Magistrates Court on January 19.

Organisers who established the site have called Bournemouth council “disgusting” in their attitude towards homelessness, and argued that the site is a protest against the lack of support available.

St Mungo’s, which is commissioned by Bournemouth and Poole councils to provide outreach services to support homeless people, has encouraged people to use its StreetLink service at to get rough sleepers into accommodation, and claimed the site could be potentially “dangerous” if temperatures drop.

Land owner Ammar Alkhiami, a Syrian and refugee from the ongoing Civil War in his home country, went to the courts to secure an eviction notice.

There is currently planning permission for development of the land as a seven-storey block of 96 flats, although further permission is required for the design and layout. The church was demolished in 2014 and has stood empty since then.