THE parents of tragic teenager Jack Gudge have spoken about the "living hell" it has been since his death but also how the incredible support of the

local community has helped them get through such an awful ordeal.

Seventeen-year-old Jack died following an incident near the Tesco Express in Winton in July this year.

Due to the ongoing investigation into the circumstances that lead to his death Jack's parents Jolene Keenan and Chris Gudge have been left in a state of limbo unable to even hold a funeral for their son.

"That's been the worst part I think," said Jolene, 36.

"It's been nearly three months since Jack died but we haven't been given any chance to really mourn him or say goodbye to him properly.

"At the moment we have nowhere we can go to be with him and that's really hard.

"We are just re-living it every day waiting for the call that says they have found out what happened to our son that night so we can finally put him to rest."

Jack was the eldest son of Jolene and Chris. He leaves behind younger brothers George, 16, Tommy, 13, and little sister Lily, eight.

George, who was just 15 at the time of Jack's death, accompanied his mum to the scene the night of July 16 when Jack lost his life.

"I got a phone call from the police at 1.25am to tell me Jack had been involved in an incident and I needed to come to the scene.

"They told me the paramedics had been called and that it was serious."

When Jolene and George arrived at the scene in Winton she was met with the flashing lights of the police cars and ambulance.

"We made it to the cordon and was told to wait there, I wasn't allowed anywhere near Jack.

"I just had to sit back and let them do what they could to save my son. It felt like we were there for almost an hour before they said we were going to the hospital. And it was there that they told me my son had died."

Despite the tragic ending Jolene and Chris would also like to thank the paramedics who attended the scene that night Dave Cook and Jason Fullerton.

Jolene, who lives in Pilot Hight Road, added: "I know they did everything they could that night to help my son. Even when we got to the hospital that night and they handed him over to the doctors they waited to hear what the outcome would be."

According to Jolene one of the worst parts of that night was having to call Jack's dad Chris and tell him what had happened.

"I just couldn't think how to tell him that over the phone. It was just awful," she added.

Chris, who was on a fishing trip near Ringwood, said once he got the phone call he just started running to try and get back to Bournemouth.

"It was awful. I just wanted to get to Jack as quickly as possible," said Chris, 39.

He has described the time since Jack's death as a "living hell".

"I don't want to have to get up or go to work - but I have to," he added.

"Every morning I wake up and remember what has happened and then try and make it through the day."

Despite the tragic and still unknown circumstances that surrounded Jack's death Jolene and Chris say the support of the West Howe and Bournemouth community has been completely unbelievable and helped them through such an awful time.

"We just want to say a huge thank you to all those people who have rallied round to help and support us through this time," said Chris.

"The amount of people who have organised events in his memory, or sent us flowers and cards, or just come to check on us at home has been completely overwhelming."

Since Jack's death dozens of events have been held in his memory including a balloon release, two charity football events and a Benefit Night.

The family has also been completely inundated with flowers, cards and tributes filled with kind words.

The youngsters who use the Henry Brown Youth Centre made a memorial book about Jack which they then presented to his parents.

"The book was full of pictures of him taking part in activities from when he had attended the youth centre," said Jolene.

"And there were dozens of messages from the kids at the centre. Some were about Jack and others were wishing us the best during this time.

"We were so touched by the book and it just showed that he was well-loved.

"Jack was a typical teenager so as his parents we would have been the last ones to know anything about him.

"But the one nice aspect since his death is that we have now found out all these lovely things about him and how he touched so many people's lives."

For Chris, Jolene and the rest of the family there is still a long way to go as the likelihood is that there will soon be a trial to get through.

At the time of Jack's death three men aged 27, 24, and 23 and a 15-year-old boy, all from Bournemouth, were arrested on suspicion of murder but were later released on police bail.

Police later said no further action will be taken against three of them, however the 24-year-old remains on police bail until later this month.

"The community have been so fantastic over the last few months and we just hope they continue to stick with us over the months to come as we are really going to need them," added Chris.

As well as any future trial the family also has to get through their first Christmas without Jack as well as his 18th birthday in January.

"It's going to be really tough but we'll get through it like we have every other day since his death, added Jolene.

"And knowing we have the support and backing of our family, friends and neighbours gives us some comfort."

How community has helped

Just days after Jack's death hundreds of people released balloons into the sky above West Howe in his memory.

The event was organised by Jack Knight, one of Jack's friends. According to Jolene a number of the shops in Bournemouth had sold out of balloons by the end of the day because of the huge numbers of people buying them for the memorial event.

A football tournament at Kinson Manor Playing Fields was organised by Jack’s family friends Terry and Crystal Foote.

Local football legend Harry Redknapp also attended the tournament to award the Jack Gudge Memorial Trophy to the winning team.

Jack’s best friend Tylor Burgis and younger brother George also organised a memorial football match to celebrate the life of the former Bournemouth Poppies number nine.

It took place on George's 16th birthday - just weeks after his brother died.

The event raised £1,346 for a bench in memory of The Oak Academy schoolboy thanks to a raffle featuring a signed AFC Bournemouth shirt and a signed Liverpool FC shirt, the team Jack supported.

Around 100 of Jack's friends also went on a cruise around Brownsea Island - organised by one of the mum's.

All those who went on the boat took a rose with them - which was then thrown off the side into the water in memory of Jack.

Jack's grandfather Tommy Keenan also organised a Benefit Night at the Winton Workmens Club. It included a band and a raffle.

Sarah Latham set up a crowdfunding page after Jack's death “so the people of West Howe can do something positive to help Jolene and her family”.

It has raised an incredible £4,000 which will go towards Jack’s funeral, as well as a memorial bench for the youngster.

Family friend Leanne Clegg, and her family, have organised for a memorial stone to be placed at Anfield Stadium - home to Jack's favourite club Liverpool.

Jack has attended a number of games at the stadium with grandad Tommy - whose parents both have a memorial stone at the stadium.

Mum Jolene says it will be nice for the Liverpool family to have somewhere to go to visit with Jack.

Friend Georgina Russell has also raised money in memory of Jack during a Great British Tea Party event.