A STRING of accidental blazes kept fire crews busy during Boxing Day.

Dorset Fire and Rescue Service counted up three vehicle fires, three property fires and three chimney fires in the area among the incidents.

Unattended cooking in Sandford caused a small oven fire and candles left on a cardboard tray in Pokesdown resulted in damage to an outbuilding.

Burning embers of wood placed in a large refuse bin at the Chewton Glen Hotel prompted a call-out for Christchurch firefighters.

An electrical fault caused a van fire outside Waterloo House in Poole yesterday morning, causing 30 per cent damage to its cab, and a car fire at a car park on Norwich Road, Westbourne, resulted in damage to the vehicle’s engine.

A spokesman for Dorset Fire Control said that all of the fires were accidental and nobody suffered serious injuries.