A BOURNEMOUTH bar and nightclub manager overdosed on cannabis before dying of carbon monoxide poisoning in his car, an inquest has confirmed.

Paul Kenyon, known as PK, was found unresponsive in his vehicle behind the Brix & Co bar that he ran in Bournemouth.

Attempts were made to resuscitate him but he was unresponsive.

He died on November 7 last year and his body was later identified by his friend Simon Powell.

Deputy Dorset Coroner Brendan Allen formally opened his inquest at Bournemouth Coroner’s Court yesterday.

The court heard that Royal Bournemouth Hospital pathologist Dr Al-Utayem carried out a post-mortem and concluded that the cause of death was carbon monoxide poisoning, with a significant condition of cannabis overdose.

The inquest was adjourned until May 8.

It is the second time in a week that cannabis has been identified as a contributory factor in a death. Last week, coroner Sheriff Payne recorded a verdict of death by cannabis abuse at the inquest of 31-year-old Gemma Moss.

The 31-year-old mother’s death was registered as cannabis toxicity, which it is believed made her the first woman in Britain to die directly from cannabis poisoning.

Mr Kenyon, of Wimborne Road, was 37 at the time he died. The Sheffield-born bar manager was a popular figure in Bournemouth and had worked at Elements, Bliss and Chilli White before opening Brix & Co. He was also the vice-chairman of the Town Watch group for several years.