Christchurch and East Dorset CouncilsNotice ID:
Christchurch and East Dorset Councils Community Infrastructure Levy - Withdrawal of the Christchurch and East Dorset Revised Draft Charging Schedules (January 2016) and Re-Publication of the Examiner's Report on the Examination of the Christchurch and East Dorset Draft Community Infrastructure Levy Charging Schedules (July, 2015).
The Christchurch and East Dorset Community Infrastructure Levy Revised Draft Charging Schedules (2016) have been withdrawn in accordance with Regulation 18 of the Community Infrastructure Levy Regulations (2010, as amended) and Section 212 (11) of the Planning Act 2008. Christchurch and East Dorset Councils are now republishing the Examiner's Report for the Christchurch and East Dorset Draft Community Infrastructure Levy Charging Schedules (2015) in accordance with the Community Infrastructure Levy Regulations (2010, as amended) and Section 212(8) of the 2008 Planning Act.
On the 19th May the Government issued planning guidance setting out the specific circumstances where contributions for affordable housing and tariff style planning obligations (section 106 planning obligations) should not be sought from small scale and self-build development. This guidance has been reissued following the order of the Court of Appeal dated the 13th May 2016 which gives legal effect to the policy set out in the Ministerial Statementof the 28th November 2014.
Following the reinstatement of this national guidance the councils have made the decision, in accordance with advice received from the Planning Inspectorate, andt hrough legal opinion, to withdraw the Revised Draft Charging Schedules (2016) and proceed to adoption with the Christchurchand East Dorset Draft Charging Schedules (July 2015). Following the withdrawal oftheRevisedDraftCharging Schedules(2016)the Examiner will now not publish a report concerning the examination of these charging schedules.
TheExaminer's report on the Examination of the Draft Christchurch and East Dorset Community Infrastructure Levy Charging Schedules (July2015) will be made available at the following locations:
- Christchurch and East Dorset District Councils Website www.dorsetforyou.com/407160
- Christchurch Borough Council, Civic Offices, Bridge Street, Christchurch, BH23 1AZ. (Mon -Thurs 8.45am - 5.15pm and Fri 8.45am -4.45pm (Tel 01202 495000)
- Christchurch Information Centre, 49 High Street, Christchurch, BH23 1AS. (Mon-Fri 9.30am - 5pm, Sat 9am -5pm)
- Steamer Point Information Centre, Off Penny Way, Steamer Point, Highcliffe. (Mon - Sun 9am- 5pm)
- East Dorset District Council, Council Offices, Furzehill, Wimborne, BH21 4HN. (Tel 01202 886201) (Mon - Thur. 8.45am - 5.15pm and Fri 8.45am - 4.45pm)
- Ferndown Town Council, The Barrington Centre, Pennys Walk, Ferndown, BH22 9TH. (Mon - Fri 10am to 2pm) (until further notice due to staff shortages)
- Verwood Town Council, Council Offices, 28 Vicarage Road, Verwood, BH31 6DW.(Mon-Fri 9am-1pm)
- WimborneTown Council, The Town Hall, 37 West Borough, Wimborne, BH21 1LT. (Mon-Fri 9am-1pm)
- West Moors Parish Council, 4 Park Way, West Moors, BH22 0HL. (Mon, Tues, Thurs & Fri 10am -1pm)
- Corfe Mullen Parish Council, Council Office, Towers Way, Corfe Mullen, BH21 3UA. (Mon-Fri 9am-2pm)
- East Dorset HeritageTrust, Allendale House, Hanham Road, Wimborne, BH21 1AS.(Mon-Fri9.30am-5pm)
The report will also be available at all public libraries throughout Christchurch and East Dorset during the normal opening hours. TheCommunity Infrastructure Levy Charging Schedules (July2015) for Christchurch and East Dorset Councils are scheduled to be considered for adoption at Full Council meetings on the5th and 6th September2016.