HIGH STREET AND POOLE QUAY AREANotice ID: WEY1764553
BOURNEMOUTH, CHRISTCHURCH AND POOLE COUNCIL
HIGH STREET AND POOLE QUAY AREA
(COVID-19) (TEMPORARY WAITING AND LOADING RESTRICTIONS) ORDER 2020 ("The Order)
Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council gives NOTICE that it proposes to make the Order in exercise of its powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended, and all other enabling powers and after giving notice to the Chief Officer of Police:
1. The Order is needed because of the likelihood of danger to the public and for purposes connected to Coronavirus.
2. This Order will come into operation on 7 July 2020 and shall remain in force for a period of 18 months. The duration can be extended with the approval of the Secretary of State for Transport.
3. Whilst the Order is in operation it will temporarily suspend those parts of The Borough of Poole (Various Roads and Parking Places) (Consolidation of Orders made for the Regulation of On-Street & Off-Street Parking Places) Order Number 14 listed in Schedule 1 to the Order. This relates to parts of High Street, Poole and The Quay. The Order will also temporarily introduce new restrictions in these same roads as listed in Schedules 2 to 6 of the Order.
4. A copy of the draft Order may be requested via email at:
5. The Order supports a scheme in the same area which is being run as a trial. During the trial an online survey will be made available at:
Dated 27 June 2020
Service Director: Growth & Infrastructure Civic Centre, Poole BH15 2RU