When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
Match Race Girls: Awesome week of training on the Olympic waters
WE ARE really pleased with our preparation so far.
After the World Championships, where we finished sixth, we had a week off and then an awesome week of training on the Olympic waters with our own training partners.
As well as making further gains, which is always nice this late on, it was a week where we really started to feel the impact of the Olympics on the people and places around us.
We were training from Weymouth Sailing Club and the members have all been extremely helpful.
The torch relay also made its way through the area. Katrina Hughes, one of our training partners, was the torchbearer at the Olympic venue.
Last Friday night, Annie, Kate and I headed down to Bournemouth beach to watch the torch come in with the BBC.
The atmosphere was incredible and it was just fantastic to see so many people getting involved!
We cannot wait to get started now but we are looking forward to putting some finishing touches to our sailing before we begin our campaign on July 29.
I hope you are getting into the Olympic spirit!
In this section
- Pirates: Weather hits final again
- Speedway: Holder claims world title
- Wondering what it will be like to sail in front of such a big crowd
- Match Race Girls: Trying to nail down how best to beat our rivals
- Disappointed we didn't win a medal in Weymouth - but we've learnt so much
- You have to race with respect for your rivals
- Looking to make our mark at the Sail for Gold regatta
- We want an Olympic medal!
- Getting on with business in Weymouth
- Looking forward to settling into our new home in Weymouth