BASHLEY will be hoping to bounce back when they host Alresford Town in the second round of the Sydenhams League Cup tomorrow (7.45pm kick off).

The New Forest outfit were kicking themselves after squandering a 3-1 lead and going down 4-3 at Amesbury Town in Wessex Premier on Saturday.

Three goals in 10 first-half minutes from Kabba Jack, Conor Whiteley and a Lewis Ross penalty saw them cancel out Liam Gavin's opener for the hosts.

But Bash paid for a combination of slack defending and poor finishing as Amesbury battled back to secure all three points.

Luke Greenaway reduced the arrears on the stroke of half-time before efforts from substitutes Gio Downie and Jordan Matthews in the final five minutes left Bash licking their wounds.

Bash face-off against Alresford at Bashley Road with the victors earning a trip to Hamble Club in the third round.

In Wessex Premier, Brockenhurst, who had the better of a 0-0 draw at AFC Portchester on Saturday, entertain Baffins Milton Rovers.

Poppies travel to Hamble Club having given leaders Andover Town a fright on Saturday with Eder Batista on target in their narrow 2-1 defeat at Portway Stadium.

Hamworthy United were on the receiving end of a 5-1 defeat at Team Solent with Dan Cann notching their consolation. Brendon King's men will be looking to make amends when they visit Sholing.

Lymington Town cross the Solent to face Newport after going down 1-0 at Horndean to a Jack Maloney strike.

Ringwood Town's impressive form in Wessex One suffered a dent following a 3-1 defeat by Romsey Town at Long Lane.

Lee Vint netted a consolation for Ringwood who had won six of their previous seven league games. propelling them to fourth in the table. Tommy Donaldson bagged a hat-trick for Romsey.

James Guthrie's double earned unpredictable Verwood Town a 2-0 win at United Services Portsmouth in front of a crowd of just nine.

Jekyll-and-Hyde Potters registered a third league win of the season at the Victory Stadium just seven days after losing at home to bottom-placed Follands.

New Milton suffered a 4-0 defeat at Whitchurch United, their third league reverse in succession.