Cherries: Seagulls star in on loan

CHERRIES have snapped up Brighton star Marcos Painter on loan as cover for injured full-back Charlie Daniels.

Painter, 26, will remain at Dean Court until the end of the season and is available for tomorrow's clash at Preston.

The Birmingham-born defender started his career at St Andrews before joining Swansea City in 2007.

Painter remained at the Liberty Stadium until 2010 when he sealed a loan move to Brighton. The deal was made permanent later that year when Painter penned a two-year deal with the Seagulls.

Comments (18)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:28pm Fri 15 Feb 13

cherrychris75 says...

Good attacking fullback. Also he will know Cooky and Elphick so integration not a problem. Good work again Eddie, but no disrespect to the lad but hoping Charlie is back soon!
Good attacking fullback. Also he will know Cooky and Elphick so integration not a problem. Good work again Eddie, but no disrespect to the lad but hoping Charlie is back soon! cherrychris75

6:30pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Cherryfan says...

Rapidly becoming an ex Brighton back four! I am sure this is a positive move, sorry for Charlie, get well soon.
Rapidly becoming an ex Brighton back four! I am sure this is a positive move, sorry for Charlie, get well soon. Cherryfan

6:38pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Seagull83 says...

The forgotten man is Marcos at BHAFC but a constant in our promotion side solid and dependable full back. Not the most attacking but gets up when he can but his main focus is keeping a clean sheet. Definitely one of our stand out performers in League 1 but lacked that little pace for the Championship.

Look forward to playing you next season the Championship needs more southern teams.
The forgotten man is Marcos at BHAFC but a constant in our promotion side solid and dependable full back. Not the most attacking but gets up when he can but his main focus is keeping a clean sheet. Definitely one of our stand out performers in League 1 but lacked that little pace for the Championship. Look forward to playing you next season the Championship needs more southern teams. Seagull83

7:13pm Fri 15 Feb 13

AFCBRichyRich says...

Does this mean Ritchie will be able to play in his preferred position tomorrow? :)
Does this mean Ritchie will be able to play in his preferred position tomorrow? :) AFCBRichyRich

7:17pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Couchy125 says...

AFCBRichyRich wrote:
Does this mean Ritchie will be able to play in his preferred position tomorrow? :)
Well what do you think.
[quote][p][bold]AFCBRichyRich[/bold] wrote: Does this mean Ritchie will be able to play in his preferred position tomorrow? :)[/p][/quote]Well what do you think. Couchy125

7:50pm Fri 15 Feb 13

AFCBRichyRich says...

Couchy125 wrote:
AFCBRichyRich wrote:
Does this mean Ritchie will be able to play in his preferred position tomorrow? :)
Well what do you think.
Alright alright keep your knickers on!
[quote][p][bold]Couchy125[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]AFCBRichyRich[/bold] wrote: Does this mean Ritchie will be able to play in his preferred position tomorrow? :)[/p][/quote]Well what do you think.[/p][/quote]Alright alright keep your knickers on! AFCBRichyRich

8:03pm Fri 15 Feb 13

ianbthomson says...

Tranmere down to 10 men and already 1 - 0 after 15 mins against Shrewsbury :)
Tranmere down to 10 men and already 1 - 0 after 15 mins against Shrewsbury :) ianbthomson

8:11pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Deejaycee says...

ianbthomson wrote:
Tranmere down to 10 men and already 1 - 0 after 15 mins against Shrewsbury :)
And player sent off
[quote][p][bold]ianbthomson[/bold] wrote: Tranmere down to 10 men and already 1 - 0 after 15 mins against Shrewsbury :)[/p][/quote]And player sent off Deejaycee

8:15pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Deejaycee says...

Deejaycee wrote:
ianbthomson wrote:
Tranmere down to 10 men and already 1 - 0 after 15 mins against Shrewsbury :)
And player sent off
Sorry Ian, didn't realise you had mentioned the sending off.
[quote][p][bold]Deejaycee[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ianbthomson[/bold] wrote: Tranmere down to 10 men and already 1 - 0 after 15 mins against Shrewsbury :)[/p][/quote]And player sent off[/p][/quote]Sorry Ian, didn't realise you had mentioned the sending off. Deejaycee

8:19pm Fri 15 Feb 13

ianbthomson says...

Deejaycee wrote:
Deejaycee wrote:
ianbthomson wrote:
Tranmere down to 10 men and already 1 - 0 after 15 mins against Shrewsbury :)
And player sent off
Sorry Ian, didn't realise you had mentioned the sending off.
No worries. Tranmere's season is really going off the rails. At this rate, we will be celebrating going up at Prenton Park on the last day of the season and they will be out of the promotion picture completely.

Cracking signing today, confident of 3 points tomorrow.
[quote][p][bold]Deejaycee[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Deejaycee[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ianbthomson[/bold] wrote: Tranmere down to 10 men and already 1 - 0 after 15 mins against Shrewsbury :)[/p][/quote]And player sent off[/p][/quote]Sorry Ian, didn't realise you had mentioned the sending off.[/p][/quote]No worries. Tranmere's season is really going off the rails. At this rate, we will be celebrating going up at Prenton Park on the last day of the season and they will be out of the promotion picture completely. Cracking signing today, confident of 3 points tomorrow. ianbthomson

9:10pm Fri 15 Feb 13

ducky24 says...

Great signing! Looks good on paper anyway. Good that he's played with Cook and Elphick before. Another 6 footer to boot!
Great signing! Looks good on paper anyway. Good that he's played with Cook and Elphick before. Another 6 footer to boot! ducky24

9:20pm Fri 15 Feb 13

ianbthomson says...

2 - 0 Shrewsbury, with twenty minutes to go. We are still top of the league, we are still top of the league!! :)
2 - 0 Shrewsbury, with twenty minutes to go. We are still top of the league, we are still top of the league!! :) ianbthomson

9:20pm Fri 15 Feb 13

bigfatsteve says...

cherrychris75 wrote:
Good attacking fullback. Also he will know Cooky and Elphick so integration not a problem. Good work again Eddie, but no disrespect to the lad but hoping Charlie is back soon!
Good point cherrychris looks like Charlie could be out a while longer as Painter is a left back. Come on The Shrews 2-0 up now!
[quote][p][bold]cherrychris75[/bold] wrote: Good attacking fullback. Also he will know Cooky and Elphick so integration not a problem. Good work again Eddie, but no disrespect to the lad but hoping Charlie is back soon![/p][/quote]Good point cherrychris looks like Charlie could be out a while longer as Painter is a left back. Come on The Shrews 2-0 up now! bigfatsteve

9:37pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Bmthboys says...

bigfatsteve wrote:
cherrychris75 wrote:
Good attacking fullback. Also he will know Cooky and Elphick so integration not a problem. Good work again Eddie, but no disrespect to the lad but hoping Charlie is back soon!
Good point cherrychris looks like Charlie could be out a while longer as Painter is a left back. Come on The Shrews 2-0 up now!
Tranmere are looking v shaky at the mo!don't think they will get one of the top two.us and I'm afraid swindle will go up!utciad
[quote][p][bold]bigfatsteve[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]cherrychris75[/bold] wrote: Good attacking fullback. Also he will know Cooky and Elphick so integration not a problem. Good work again Eddie, but no disrespect to the lad but hoping Charlie is back soon![/p][/quote]Good point cherrychris looks like Charlie could be out a while longer as Painter is a left back. Come on The Shrews 2-0 up now![/p][/quote]Tranmere are looking v shaky at the mo!don't think they will get one of the top two.us and I'm afraid swindle will go up!utciad Bmthboys

9:51pm Fri 15 Feb 13

Red & White Dragon says...

Bmthboys wrote:
bigfatsteve wrote:
cherrychris75 wrote:
Good attacking fullback. Also he will know Cooky and Elphick so integration not a problem. Good work again Eddie, but no disrespect to the lad but hoping Charlie is back soon!
Good point cherrychris looks like Charlie could be out a while longer as Painter is a left back. Come on The Shrews 2-0 up now!
Tranmere are looking v shaky at the mo!don't think they will get one of the top two.us and I'm afraid swindle will go up!utciad
Tranmere do look a bit out of sorts. Hope it goes onto their next game. Still think it comes down to you, Doncaster, Swindon and maybe Yeovil. Will be good to see Ritchie playing out wide. What on earth is he doing at the back?. Nice to hear you think Swindon will make the top 2.
[quote][p][bold]Bmthboys[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bigfatsteve[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]cherrychris75[/bold] wrote: Good attacking fullback. Also he will know Cooky and Elphick so integration not a problem. Good work again Eddie, but no disrespect to the lad but hoping Charlie is back soon![/p][/quote]Good point cherrychris looks like Charlie could be out a while longer as Painter is a left back. Come on The Shrews 2-0 up now![/p][/quote]Tranmere are looking v shaky at the mo!don't think they will get one of the top two.us and I'm afraid swindle will go up!utciad[/p][/quote]Tranmere do look a bit out of sorts. Hope it goes onto their next game. Still think it comes down to you, Doncaster, Swindon and maybe Yeovil. Will be good to see Ritchie playing out wide. What on earth is he doing at the back?. Nice to hear you think Swindon will make the top 2. Red & White Dragon

9:54pm Fri 15 Feb 13

bigfatsteve says...

Great result tonight. I think the teams that are looking dangerous and sneaking under up under the radar are Yeovil and Leyton Orient. Looking forward to the O's game in a couple of weeks time. It's a very open league this season and promotion looks a possibility for anyone in the top half of the division.
Great result tonight. I think the teams that are looking dangerous and sneaking under up under the radar are Yeovil and Leyton Orient. Looking forward to the O's game in a couple of weeks time. It's a very open league this season and promotion looks a possibility for anyone in the top half of the division. bigfatsteve

11:44pm Fri 15 Feb 13

TedMacsCherryPants says...

Good to see another BHAFC import all the others have been good. Well done u Shrews, leaves us top for another day. UTC!!!
Good to see another BHAFC import all the others have been good. Well done u Shrews, leaves us top for another day. UTC!!! TedMacsCherryPants

8:54am Sat 16 Feb 13

Bmthboys says...

Red & White Dragon wrote:
Bmthboys wrote:
bigfatsteve wrote:
cherrychris75 wrote:
Good attacking fullback. Also he will know Cooky and Elphick so integration not a problem. Good work again Eddie, but no disrespect to the lad but hoping Charlie is back soon!
Good point cherrychris looks like Charlie could be out a while longer as Painter is a left back. Come on The Shrews 2-0 up now!
Tranmere are looking v shaky at the mo!don't think they will get one of the top two.us and I'm afraid swindle will go up!utciad
Tranmere do look a bit out of sorts. Hope it goes onto their next game. Still think it comes down to you, Doncaster, Swindon and maybe Yeovil. Will be good to see Ritchie playing out wide. What on earth is he doing at the back?. Nice to hear you think Swindon will make the top 2.
Just think Swindon have something about them,not just a good manager!!and we'r on such a great run that I don't fink anyone can stop us!that said,a few teams could make it,donny sheff utd and Yeovil!!utciad
[quote][p][bold]Red & White Dragon[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bmthboys[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bigfatsteve[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]cherrychris75[/bold] wrote: Good attacking fullback. Also he will know Cooky and Elphick so integration not a problem. Good work again Eddie, but no disrespect to the lad but hoping Charlie is back soon![/p][/quote]Good point cherrychris looks like Charlie could be out a while longer as Painter is a left back. Come on The Shrews 2-0 up now![/p][/quote]Tranmere are looking v shaky at the mo!don't think they will get one of the top two.us and I'm afraid swindle will go up!utciad[/p][/quote]Tranmere do look a bit out of sorts. Hope it goes onto their next game. Still think it comes down to you, Doncaster, Swindon and maybe Yeovil. Will be good to see Ritchie playing out wide. What on earth is he doing at the back?. Nice to hear you think Swindon will make the top 2.[/p][/quote]Just think Swindon have something about them,not just a good manager!!and we'r on such a great run that I don't fink anyone can stop us!that said,a few teams could make it,donny sheff utd and Yeovil!!utciad Bmthboys

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree