Cherries: Fletch warning over Dalla Valle

First published in Cherries News Bournemouth Echo: Photograph of the Author by

STEVE Fletcher has urged the Cherries defence to be wary of the threat posed by familiar foe Lauri Dalla Valle.

The Cherries legend believes the Finnish prospect will have improved from gaining further experience since his Dean Court loan spell in 2010-11.

Fulham frontman Dalla Valle netted two goals in eight appearances for Cherries after joining the club while Fletcher was assistant boss.

Now enjoying a fruitful spell with Crewe, the 21-year-old is set to start when Cherries visit their League One rivals tomorrow (3pm).

The young forward has hit four goals in eight starts for the Gresty Road outfit this term and Fletcher thinks Cherries will need to keep tabs on him.

“I think he will be the same player technically,” veteran targetman Fletcher told the Daily Echo. “Technically, he was a very good player.

“He has been out on loan a few times in Scotland and England and he is one of those players who will become better with |the more games he plays at this level.

“He has scored goals wherever he has been so he is a more than capable player and he is someone we have definitely got to watch out for.”

Reflecting on Dalla Valle’s brief stint in Dorset, Fletcher added: “Lauri scored a great goal with practically his first touch in a 3-0 home win over Oldham. He came off the bench and within 10 minutes, he had scored a great goal, and I think the expectations were really high.

“He did get one or two good goals for us but coming down from being at Fulham in the Premier League to play regularly in League One, I think he needed time to adapt to the pace of the game.

“But he did okay for us and scored a couple of vital goals. I think he just needed more time and, unfortunately, we couldn’t give him that time.”

Meanwhile, Crewe boss Steve Davis insists Cherries will not be the only team in confident mood when two of the division’s form sides lock horns.

Cherries are unbeaten in 13 matches since Eddie Howe’s return but Crewe are also in fine fettle – having won three league games in a row.

Davis told his club’s website: “As we know from last season, going on a long run undefeated gives you great confidence.

“Saying that, we come into the game in good form as well. We have only lost two games in our previous 10 matches so it is set up to be a really good test and a really good game of football.

“It will be a challenge for us but one the players and supporters will be looking forward to.”

Davis is set to recall fit-again midfielder Abdul Osman.

Alex: (from) Martin, Davis, Ellis, Dugdale, Tootle, Robertson, Murphy, Inman, Aneke, Pogba, Dalla Valle, Clayton, Moore, Mellor, Guthrie, West, Colclough, Osman, Garratt.

Cherries: (from) James, Francis, Cook, Elphick, Daniels, Fogden, Arter, O’Kane, Pugh, Pitman, Grabban, Fletcher, McQuoid, McDermott, Tubbs, Partington, Davids, Demouge, Hughes, Zubar, Buchel, Jalal.

Comments (24)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:25am Fri 21 Dec 12

smhinto says...

Just wondered why Hughes has been included in the above Echo squad, when the Echo itself has stated that he is noT matcH fit ??
.
Dvid is unlikly to feature either. A total misrepresentation of the squad available.
Just wondered why Hughes has been included in the above Echo squad, when the Echo itself has stated that he is noT matcH fit ?? . Dvid is unlikly to feature either. A total misrepresentation of the squad available. smhinto
  • Score: 0

11:52am Fri 21 Dec 12

STEADY EDDIE 1 for the road says...

smhinto wrote:
Just wondered why Hughes has been included in the above Echo squad, when the Echo itself has stated that he is noT matcH fit ??
.
Dvid is unlikly to feature either. A total misrepresentation of the squad available.
So another predicted defeat from you for tomorrow, shminto. HOPE SO.!!!!.
[quote][p][bold]smhinto[/bold] wrote: Just wondered why Hughes has been included in the above Echo squad, when the Echo itself has stated that he is noT matcH fit ?? . Dvid is unlikly to feature either. A total misrepresentation of the squad available.[/p][/quote]So another predicted defeat from you for tomorrow, shminto. HOPE SO.!!!!. STEADY EDDIE 1 for the road
  • Score: 0

12:54pm Fri 21 Dec 12

The Renegade Master says...

Dalle Valle will have needed to improve massively from what we saw of him when he was on loan here if he's to trouble our defence. I thought he was way too lightweight for this league and was often bullied off the ball by the strength of opposition defenders. Still, Crewe are a good side and I'd be happy with a point. Three would be the perfect start to the Xmas fixtures though. One thing is certain, they will fear us.
UTCIAD!
Dalle Valle will have needed to improve massively from what we saw of him when he was on loan here if he's to trouble our defence. I thought he was way too lightweight for this league and was often bullied off the ball by the strength of opposition defenders. Still, Crewe are a good side and I'd be happy with a point. Three would be the perfect start to the Xmas fixtures though. One thing is certain, they will fear us. UTCIAD! The Renegade Master
  • Score: 0

3:10pm Fri 21 Dec 12

pete woodley says...

smhinto wrote:
Just wondered why Hughes has been included in the above Echo squad, when the Echo itself has stated that he is noT matcH fit ??
.
Dvid is unlikly to feature either. A total misrepresentation of the squad available.
I would not trust any statement coming from AFCB,i cannot park "anywhere" in the car parki,and i have blue badge.Been to club,and phoned them waste of time.
[quote][p][bold]smhinto[/bold] wrote: Just wondered why Hughes has been included in the above Echo squad, when the Echo itself has stated that he is noT matcH fit ?? . Dvid is unlikly to feature either. A total misrepresentation of the squad available.[/p][/quote]I would not trust any statement coming from AFCB,i cannot park "anywhere" in the car parki,and i have blue badge.Been to club,and phoned them waste of time. pete woodley
  • Score: 0

3:46pm Fri 21 Dec 12

abc100 says...

Still going on about that, get there early and you won't have far to go, just cos u have a blue badge does not mean you can't park anywhere else, plenty of parking near the ground
Still going on about that, get there early and you won't have far to go, just cos u have a blue badge does not mean you can't park anywhere else, plenty of parking near the ground abc100
  • Score: 0

4:30pm Fri 21 Dec 12

pete woodley says...

Theres a reason for my blue badge but people like you couldnt care less.but like to have a go without saying it face to face.
Theres a reason for my blue badge but people like you couldnt care less.but like to have a go without saying it face to face. pete woodley
  • Score: 0

4:31pm Fri 21 Dec 12

pete woodley says...

Theres a reason for my blue badge but people like you couldnt care less.but like to have a go without saying it face to face.
Theres a reason for my blue badge but people like you couldnt care less.but like to have a go without saying it face to face. pete woodley
  • Score: 0

4:56pm Fri 21 Dec 12

abc100 says...

I have one too, but I don't feel that cos I have one I can't park anywhere else, often there are spaces nearer to where I am going than the disabled parking places, hard to say something face to face on a comments board
I have one too, but I don't feel that cos I have one I can't park anywhere else, often there are spaces nearer to where I am going than the disabled parking places, hard to say something face to face on a comments board abc100
  • Score: 0

5:11pm Fri 21 Dec 12

Talkingheadera says...

Lol.
Round 1 to afcb100 !
Lol. Round 1 to afcb100 ! Talkingheadera
  • Score: 0

6:54pm Fri 21 Dec 12

pehf1rules says...

Has Lauri Dalla Vale got a blue badge ??? Thought not....... Next !!!
Has Lauri Dalla Vale got a blue badge ??? Thought not....... Next !!! pehf1rules
  • Score: 0

6:55pm Fri 21 Dec 12

abc100 says...

I haven't really got one
I haven't really got one abc100
  • Score: 0

6:56pm Fri 21 Dec 12

pehf1rules says...

Valle even !!!
Valle even !!! pehf1rules
  • Score: 0

6:58pm Fri 21 Dec 12

pete woodley says...

abc100 wrote:
I haven't really got one
abc100.Confessions of a bully and liar.
[quote][p][bold]abc100[/bold] wrote: I haven't really got one[/p][/quote]abc100.Confessions of a bully and liar. pete woodley
  • Score: 0

7:25pm Fri 21 Dec 12

abc100 says...

pete woodley wrote:
abc100 wrote:
I haven't really got one
abc100.Confessions of a bully and liar.
Sort of, it's not mine personally, in my house though and affects me everywhere I drive
[quote][p][bold]pete woodley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]abc100[/bold] wrote: I haven't really got one[/p][/quote]abc100.Confessions of a bully and liar.[/p][/quote]Sort of, it's not mine personally, in my house though and affects me everywhere I drive abc100
  • Score: 0

7:31pm Fri 21 Dec 12

north dorset AFCB says...

can anyone confirm the opening times of the ticket office at Dean Court over the next week, re Yeovil tickets, and away tickets for Brentford plus coach booking.
3 points tomorrow would be lovely.

Sky sports now to see Wes bang in a couple more goals for the northen seasiders
can anyone confirm the opening times of the ticket office at Dean Court over the next week, re Yeovil tickets, and away tickets for Brentford plus coach booking. 3 points tomorrow would be lovely. Sky sports now to see Wes bang in a couple more goals for the northen seasiders north dorset AFCB
  • Score: 0

7:47pm Fri 21 Dec 12

Afcbpete says...

pete woodley wrote:
Theres a reason for my blue badge but people like you couldnt care less.but like to have a go without saying it face to face.
This blue badge issue is an important one, as you say you have one for a reason. It does beg the question does abc100 actually require one as he/she doesn't mind walking a distance too far for others. Back in the "Bond" days, the club were fantastic when my late father needed to park VERY close to our turnstile. This is very poor from the club not to give you any assistance.
[quote][p][bold]pete woodley[/bold] wrote: Theres a reason for my blue badge but people like you couldnt care less.but like to have a go without saying it face to face.[/p][/quote]This blue badge issue is an important one, as you say you have one for a reason. It does beg the question does abc100 actually require one as he/she doesn't mind walking a distance too far for others. Back in the "Bond" days, the club were fantastic when my late father needed to park VERY close to our turnstile. This is very poor from the club not to give you any assistance. Afcbpete
  • Score: 0

8:07pm Fri 21 Dec 12

pete woodley says...

One person i was glad to see at the club thursday was Tony Nelson,one of the nicest captains the cherries ever had,and i was reminded of the time he collapsed at Bradford in the snow,when he collided with ,i think Gledstone,he remembered it well.Does anyone else remember.
One person i was glad to see at the club thursday was Tony Nelson,one of the nicest captains the cherries ever had,and i was reminded of the time he collapsed at Bradford in the snow,when he collided with ,i think Gledstone,he remembered it well.Does anyone else remember. pete woodley
  • Score: 0

9:47pm Fri 21 Dec 12

djd says...

Afcbpete wrote:
pete woodley wrote:
Theres a reason for my blue badge but people like you couldnt care less.but like to have a go without saying it face to face.
This blue badge issue is an important one, as you say you have one for a reason. It does beg the question does abc100 actually require one as he/she doesn't mind walking a distance too far for others. Back in the "Bond" days, the club were fantastic when my late father needed to park VERY close to our turnstile. This is very poor from the club not to give you any assistance.
The club is excellent as far as disabled persons are involved.
Lots of people have disabled badges who don't really need them. The club will do everything they can if you need to park close to the stadium.
There are plenty of blue badge parking close to the stadium.
[quote][p][bold]Afcbpete[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pete woodley[/bold] wrote: Theres a reason for my blue badge but people like you couldnt care less.but like to have a go without saying it face to face.[/p][/quote]This blue badge issue is an important one, as you say you have one for a reason. It does beg the question does abc100 actually require one as he/she doesn't mind walking a distance too far for others. Back in the "Bond" days, the club were fantastic when my late father needed to park VERY close to our turnstile. This is very poor from the club not to give you any assistance.[/p][/quote]The club is excellent as far as disabled persons are involved. Lots of people have disabled badges who don't really need them. The club will do everything they can if you need to park close to the stadium. There are plenty of blue badge parking close to the stadium. djd
  • Score: 0

9:59pm Fri 21 Dec 12

pete woodley says...

djd wrote:
Afcbpete wrote:
pete woodley wrote:
Theres a reason for my blue badge but people like you couldnt care less.but like to have a go without saying it face to face.
This blue badge issue is an important one, as you say you have one for a reason. It does beg the question does abc100 actually require one as he/she doesn't mind walking a distance too far for others. Back in the "Bond" days, the club were fantastic when my late father needed to park VERY close to our turnstile. This is very poor from the club not to give you any assistance.
The club is excellent as far as disabled persons are involved.
Lots of people have disabled badges who don't really need them. The club will do everything they can if you need to park close to the stadium.
There are plenty of blue badge parking close to the stadium.
Are you a qualified doctor,and are you calling my doctor, and the surgeons at the RBCH, Quacks.You are so out of order,you need examining yourself.You dont even know me and yet talk absolute rubbish about someones health,i have not queeried your mentality have i,so dont query my health ask the hospital or my doctors.
[quote][p][bold]djd[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Afcbpete[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pete woodley[/bold] wrote: Theres a reason for my blue badge but people like you couldnt care less.but like to have a go without saying it face to face.[/p][/quote]This blue badge issue is an important one, as you say you have one for a reason. It does beg the question does abc100 actually require one as he/she doesn't mind walking a distance too far for others. Back in the "Bond" days, the club were fantastic when my late father needed to park VERY close to our turnstile. This is very poor from the club not to give you any assistance.[/p][/quote]The club is excellent as far as disabled persons are involved. Lots of people have disabled badges who don't really need them. The club will do everything they can if you need to park close to the stadium. There are plenty of blue badge parking close to the stadium.[/p][/quote]Are you a qualified doctor,and are you calling my doctor, and the surgeons at the RBCH, Quacks.You are so out of order,you need examining yourself.You dont even know me and yet talk absolute rubbish about someones health,i have not queeried your mentality have i,so dont query my health ask the hospital or my doctors. pete woodley
  • Score: 0

12:40am Sat 22 Dec 12

pehf1rules says...

FF&S Lets get back to the Dalla Valle storey !!!!!!!!!
FF&S Lets get back to the Dalla Valle storey !!!!!!!!! pehf1rules
  • Score: 0

8:32am Sat 22 Dec 12

djd says...

pete woodley wrote:
djd wrote:
Afcbpete wrote:
pete woodley wrote:
Theres a reason for my blue badge but people like you couldnt care less.but like to have a go without saying it face to face.
This blue badge issue is an important one, as you say you have one for a reason. It does beg the question does abc100 actually require one as he/she doesn't mind walking a distance too far for others. Back in the "Bond" days, the club were fantastic when my late father needed to park VERY close to our turnstile. This is very poor from the club not to give you any assistance.
The club is excellent as far as disabled persons are involved.
Lots of people have disabled badges who don't really need them. The club will do everything they can if you need to park close to the stadium.
There are plenty of blue badge parking close to the stadium.
Are you a qualified doctor,and are you calling my doctor, and the surgeons at the RBCH, Quacks.You are so out of order,you need examining yourself.You dont even know me and yet talk absolute rubbish about someones health,i have not queeried your mentality have i,so dont query my health ask the hospital or my doctors.
It's not right that you hijack a football story to air your personal grief with the club. I had already told you of a place to park with a short walking distance to the stadium in a previous post.
If you feel you have to air your personal circumstances to everyone, please use some other medium or write to your MP.
As for talking rubbish, I suggest you read your own posts.
I have very personal circumstances as far as disabled people are concerned and I do know what I am talking about. The club does not have infinite resources and does their honest best. If that's not good enough for you, tough !!!
Meanwhile, everyone have a good Christmas, the team have some good results and lets keep to the point of the post.
[quote][p][bold]pete woodley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]djd[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Afcbpete[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pete woodley[/bold] wrote: Theres a reason for my blue badge but people like you couldnt care less.but like to have a go without saying it face to face.[/p][/quote]This blue badge issue is an important one, as you say you have one for a reason. It does beg the question does abc100 actually require one as he/she doesn't mind walking a distance too far for others. Back in the "Bond" days, the club were fantastic when my late father needed to park VERY close to our turnstile. This is very poor from the club not to give you any assistance.[/p][/quote]The club is excellent as far as disabled persons are involved. Lots of people have disabled badges who don't really need them. The club will do everything they can if you need to park close to the stadium. There are plenty of blue badge parking close to the stadium.[/p][/quote]Are you a qualified doctor,and are you calling my doctor, and the surgeons at the RBCH, Quacks.You are so out of order,you need examining yourself.You dont even know me and yet talk absolute rubbish about someones health,i have not queeried your mentality have i,so dont query my health ask the hospital or my doctors.[/p][/quote]It's not right that you hijack a football story to air your personal grief with the club. I had already told you of a place to park with a short walking distance to the stadium in a previous post. If you feel you have to air your personal circumstances to everyone, please use some other medium or write to your MP. As for talking rubbish, I suggest you read your own posts. I have very personal circumstances as far as disabled people are concerned and I do know what I am talking about. The club does not have infinite resources and does their honest best. If that's not good enough for you, tough !!! Meanwhile, everyone have a good Christmas, the team have some good results and lets keep to the point of the post. djd
  • Score: 0

10:06am Sat 22 Dec 12

pete woodley says...

djd wrote:
pete woodley wrote:
djd wrote:
Afcbpete wrote:
pete woodley wrote:
Theres a reason for my blue badge but people like you couldnt care less.but like to have a go without saying it face to face.
This blue badge issue is an important one, as you say you have one for a reason. It does beg the question does abc100 actually require one as he/she doesn't mind walking a distance too far for others. Back in the "Bond" days, the club were fantastic when my late father needed to park VERY close to our turnstile. This is very poor from the club not to give you any assistance.
The club is excellent as far as disabled persons are involved.
Lots of people have disabled badges who don't really need them. The club will do everything they can if you need to park close to the stadium.
There are plenty of blue badge parking close to the stadium.
Are you a qualified doctor,and are you calling my doctor, and the surgeons at the RBCH, Quacks.You are so out of order,you need examining yourself.You dont even know me and yet talk absolute rubbish about someones health,i have not queeried your mentality have i,so dont query my health ask the hospital or my doctors.
It's not right that you hijack a football story to air your personal grief with the club. I had already told you of a place to park with a short walking distance to the stadium in a previous post.
If you feel you have to air your personal circumstances to everyone, please use some other medium or write to your MP.
As for talking rubbish, I suggest you read your own posts.
I have very personal circumstances as far as disabled people are concerned and I do know what I am talking about. The club does not have infinite resources and does their honest best. If that's not good enough for you, tough !!!
Meanwhile, everyone have a good Christmas, the team have some good results and lets keep to the point of the post.
You show yourself up as a selfish knowall,you do not have any qualifications,to say that a lot of people should NOT have blue badges.you would not know what their disability was.As for plenty of parking close, thats a absolute lie and you know it.The whole car park next to the stadium is reserved, especially the disabled spaces.Just who do you think you are to give orders,to anyone what they should comment.
[quote][p][bold]djd[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pete woodley[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]djd[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Afcbpete[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pete woodley[/bold] wrote: Theres a reason for my blue badge but people like you couldnt care less.but like to have a go without saying it face to face.[/p][/quote]This blue badge issue is an important one, as you say you have one for a reason. It does beg the question does abc100 actually require one as he/she doesn't mind walking a distance too far for others. Back in the "Bond" days, the club were fantastic when my late father needed to park VERY close to our turnstile. This is very poor from the club not to give you any assistance.[/p][/quote]The club is excellent as far as disabled persons are involved. Lots of people have disabled badges who don't really need them. The club will do everything they can if you need to park close to the stadium. There are plenty of blue badge parking close to the stadium.[/p][/quote]Are you a qualified doctor,and are you calling my doctor, and the surgeons at the RBCH, Quacks.You are so out of order,you need examining yourself.You dont even know me and yet talk absolute rubbish about someones health,i have not queeried your mentality have i,so dont query my health ask the hospital or my doctors.[/p][/quote]It's not right that you hijack a football story to air your personal grief with the club. I had already told you of a place to park with a short walking distance to the stadium in a previous post. If you feel you have to air your personal circumstances to everyone, please use some other medium or write to your MP. As for talking rubbish, I suggest you read your own posts. I have very personal circumstances as far as disabled people are concerned and I do know what I am talking about. The club does not have infinite resources and does their honest best. If that's not good enough for you, tough !!! Meanwhile, everyone have a good Christmas, the team have some good results and lets keep to the point of the post.[/p][/quote]You show yourself up as a selfish knowall,you do not have any qualifications,to say that a lot of people should NOT have blue badges.you would not know what their disability was.As for plenty of parking close, thats a absolute lie and you know it.The whole car park next to the stadium is reserved, especially the disabled spaces.Just who do you think you are to give orders,to anyone what they should comment. pete woodley
  • Score: 0

11:59am Sat 22 Dec 12

pehf1rules says...

Pete, i sugest you get into the main car park early, so i gives you plenty of time to get to the ground by whatever means you do.
Pete, i sugest you get into the main car park early, so i gives you plenty of time to get to the ground by whatever means you do. pehf1rules
  • Score: 0

3:21pm Sat 22 Dec 12

pete woodley says...

pehf1rules wrote:
Pete, i sugest you get into the main car park early, so i gives you plenty of time to get to the ground by whatever means you do.
Thanks, but why should i,why should season ticket holders get preference.Its the very rude and crude comments being made that makes me more determined to fight my way,I cannot understand the mentality of some of those posting especially at this time of the year,no wonder there is a lot said about football yobs.
[quote][p][bold]pehf1rules[/bold] wrote: Pete, i sugest you get into the main car park early, so i gives you plenty of time to get to the ground by whatever means you do.[/p][/quote]Thanks, but why should i,why should season ticket holders get preference.Its the very rude and crude comments being made that makes me more determined to fight my way,I cannot understand the mentality of some of those posting especially at this time of the year,no wonder there is a lot said about football yobs. pete woodley
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree