When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
Dan's the man in Priory comeback
6:00pm Tuesday 6th September 2011 in Sport
DAN Whitthorn was the hat-trick hero when Premier Division new boys Priory Quays came from 3-0 down to salvage a 4-4 draw with reigning champions Branksome Con.
Gareth Brickhill was the other Priory scorer with Sam Thompson and Martin Warren bagging two apiece for Con.
Branksome Railway rattled in six for the second week running when they swept aside New Milton Town 6-0 with goals from Dan Manuel (2), Sam Purdy (2), Ashley Boyt and Tom Willis.
East Christchurch SSC were 5-0 winners against TX United thanks to Alan Etherton, David Saunders (pen), Alex Rossi and a couple of goals from substitute Matt Justice.
Elsewhere, Nathan Saxby netted for West Moors SSC but they had to settle for a point when Jake Ormond earned Queens Park Rovers a 1-1 draw.
• Foresters Arms began their Division One campaign with a 5-1 triumph over Parley Sports courtesy of Bill Stride, Tom Man, Aaron Duncan, Andy Saxton and an own goal.
Harry’s Bar made their BFA debut with a 2-0 success against Bournemouth Athletic, the goals coming from Matthew Connor and Paul Best, but the other Wareham-based newcomers, Springers, went down 2-1 to Shoulder of Mutton United. Tom Godfrey was the Springers marksman with Alan Marsh and Sam Goodwin scoring for United.
Richard Andrews netted for Electric but Kavell held them to a 1-1 draw thanks to Nick Mitchell.
• Terry Larcombe scored all three goals in Lovitt’s 3-0 victory over Rias in Division Two and Redhill were also 3-0 winners when Dominic Parnell (2) and Craig Miles accounted for Fernside Sports.
Peter Lewis struck for Magdon Scaffolding but Tiegla Tiles had the upper hand 3-1 thanks to Andy Mason (2) and Sam Cole.
• Jonny Haines led the way with a hat-trick when Ferndown Locomotive thrashed Boscombe Celtic 11-0 in Division Three with Luke Ayrton, Keith Jackson, Matt Groves and Simon Ward adding two each.
Poole Wanderers led with a couple of goals from Ian Musselwhite but Queens Park Rovers reserves came back through Kris Henshall (2), Brett Chandler, Ben Sullivan and Liam Palmer to win 5-2.
LV FC tanned Lawson Builders 5-0 with goals from Graeme Rose (2), Steve O’Donnell and Paul Goodman, while Carl Yelland (2), Jack Watson and Gary Williams gave KC Transport the upper hand 4-2 against Verwood SSC.
• Dave Cavill and Dan Nixon both bagged hat-tricks for Bournemouth Sports in their 8-3 Division Four triumph over Witchampton with the other two goals coming from Ben Martin.
Carling Sports were sunk by Max Ridd’s four-goal blast when Oakdale Con emerged 5-0 winners, while Corfe Mullen United Juniors got the better of Boscombe Albion 4-2 thanks to Dec Thomas (2), Sam Bell and Curt Davies.
• Jason Neal notched a hat-trick in Hollies’ 7-2 triumph over Victoria Park Royals in Division Five with the other goals coming via Steven Glover (2), Dave Mountford and an own goal.
Rockbourne thumped Alderney Manor 8-3 with goals from Jim Cheeseman (2), Jason Thorne (2), Chris Taylor (2), Paul Roberts and Simon Colborne, while Talbot Pub put paid to Grove Tavern 4-0 with goals from Tom Weller (2), Sean Dominey and Jake Lewis.
• Kings Arms Wallisdown’s Sacha Navarro scored all three goals to subdue JS West Moors 3-1 in Division Six.
Dale Walters scored all four goals in A&T Athletic’s 4-2 win over New Milton Borough, while Jon Massey’s hat-trick gave Kavell reserves the edge 3-2 against Wimborne Magpyes.
Dan Rose nabbed a hat-trick in Wessex Wanderers’ 9-0 hammering of AFC Burton reserves.
• Josh Harper rattled in four when Newtown Rovers battered AS Muscliff 8-3 in Division Seven, with Shane Duggan (2), Adam Kent and Cody Hayman also on target.
Fiveways Rangers upended Shamrock 5-2 thanks to Phillip Lee’s hat-trick, while <&bh"file:///\\intellihouse">Intellihouse<&eh> were 5-3 winners against Vienna Windows reserves thanks to Rob Callaghan’s treble.
• Mount top Division Eight after their 13-1 trouncing of Carling Sports reserves came courtesy of Duncan Moody (2), Leigh Spencer (2), Mark Stapleton (2), Dave Barfoot, Rick Case, Dan Case and Matt Eves’ four-goal burst.
Despite Dan Adlem’s hat-trick, Cranborne went down 6-5 to AFC Bransgore.
Shane Varley, Johnny Cooke and Martin Mead struck for Kinson Con but Dean Park Inn forced a 3-3 draw thanks to a Dean Iles hat-trick.
• Scott Mitchell and Kyle Greenwood both nabbed hat-tricks when Scott V crushed Talbot Rangers 11-0 in Division Nine.
But Tom Cramner’s hat-trick was not quite enough to save Alderholt from a 4-3 defeat against Kings Arms Athletic.
Throop United beat West Mullen 7-0 through Mitch Barnes (2), James Baldwin, Lee Phillips, Phillip Kent, Daniel Waller and Martin Hall.