BEN Spencer netted for Trinidad in the Hayward Premier Division but Old Oakmeadians just got the better of them 2-1 thanks to Peter Pritchard’s blistering 45-yard strike and Dan Edwards’s effort from a mere 20 yards.
Old Oaks are now setting their sights on Bournemouth Sports who they meet in Thursday night’s M A Hart Poole Bay Challenge Cup Final at Hurn Bridge (kick off 7.30pm).
Bournemouth Sports rested a few players in preparation for the final and, with half their team being older than 40, they were not too disappointed when they went down 2-0 to goals from Ben Virabi and Tim Constable against Ports.
Ed Ewens struck twice when unbeaten championship contenders Westover brushed aside Sway 4-0, with Clive Stopper and Josh Wall adding one each.
• Tuakana sharpshooter Dominic Taylor gave them a first-half lead in their Division One game with Ferndown Town Greenfields but the visitors came back after the break with goals from Matt James and Stuart Greenwood to win 2-1.
Alderholt were also 2-1 winners when Jamie Tricker and Adam Newman put paid to Bournemouth Poppies who replied through Luke McCoy.
• Matt Huckle (2) and Kevin Crabb gave Ferndown Sports the edge 3-2 against Sway reserves but they finished two points adrift of M A Hart Page Croft Cup winners Bisterne United who toppled Redhill Rangers 5-0 with goals from Benn Kitchiner, Marc Jennings, Ashley Gritt, Dave Windsor and Craig Frost to take the Division Two title.
• Division Three pacesetters Parkside Wanderers netted through Stuart McKillop and Chris Williams but promotion rivals Queens Park toppled them 3-2 with goals from Gary Cole, Lloyd Pearce and Paul Senior.
South Coast Demolition took over in pole position after Scott Hole and Martin Edwards gave them a 2-0 victory over previously unbeaten Richmond Park.
• Chris Hardy led the way when FC Athletico clinched the runners-up spot in Division Four on goal difference by walloping BU Staff 7-1. Dave Pearce, Chris Biddle, Alex Davies and Carl Carter were the other Athletico marksmen.
New Milton Eagles sank tailenders Albany Athletic 7-2 with goals from Mike Dawson (2), Jon Spooner, Olly Luchoomun, Julian Smith, Shahed Miah and Chris Waterman, while James Ketley and Jim Clark gave AFC Pennington a 2-0 success against AFC Highcliffe.
• Bottom-placed Fernheath CFC were on the receiving end again in Divisioin Five when Screw-It Carpentry whitewashed them 6-0 with goals from Dean Hindle (2), Robert Cole, Tom Bradford, Sam Packham and Tim Somerfield.
• Queens Park Athletic reserves are a point ahead in Division Six after their 7-0 thumping of Townsend with goals from Alex Joy (2), Mike Thompson, Paul Guzzan, Gary Molloy, Wes Jones and Josh Harper.
Alderholt reserves move up to third place after Matt Henstridge and Simon Newman gave them a 2-0 success against Bourne-mouth Hospital and Portcastrian reserves were also 2-0 winners when Steve Pockneall and Alex Mackenzie accounted for Lymington Argyle.
Stuart McLuckie and Sam Nailor gave AFC Burton reserves the verdict 2-1 against Lower Parkstone CFC who replied with a late consolation goal from Chris Elkins.