When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
BFA Sunday: Royals raise the bar in title race
CHRISTCHURCH Royals are breathing down the necks of Division One leaders Darby’s Corner after toppling them 4-0 with goals from David Bratt (2), Chris Burden and Lee Clark in the top-of-the-table clash.
Darby’s Corner stay top on goal difference.
Electric were also 4-0 winners when Dan Weeden’s hat-trick and a Sam Adams strike put paid to Bournemouth Athletic, while Priory Quays maintained their promotion bid when they beat Parley 6-2 through Gareth Brickhill (2), Joe Kittle, Tyron Whenman and two own goals.
Luke Phillips scored both goals to give New Star the verdict 2-1 against Kavell, while Foresters hammered struggling Wimborne Magpyes 11-1. Jamie Chilcott rattled in five and Hisham Douik grabbed a hat-trick with Bill Stride, Kevin James and Tom Mann also on target.
• Dave Midgley gave East Christchurch SSC an early lead but Bournemouth Sports came back with goals from Keith Newton, Tom Jeffes and Tom Stone to complete their Premier Division campaign with a 3-1 success.
• Queens Park are three points clear at the top of Division Two after Shahram Sam-Daliri scored both goals to subdue Magdon Scaffolding 2-0.
Shoulder of Mutton went second on goal difference after Tom Hall, Richie Sands and Dave Abbott ensured a 3-1 victory over Tiegla Tiles, while Andy Boland and Pete Gardner gave Copyplus a 2-0 win over Redhill.
• AC FC’s promotion hopes were dented when Fernside Sports just got the better of them in Division Three with goals from John Dunworth (pen) and Nick Joscelyne, while Eurosat Lions put paid to Alderney Manor 4-0 courtesy of Gary Ryall and Wayne Nash (3).
• Brett Chandler and Richard Collins netted for Queens Park Rovers reserves but the Division Four leaders had to settle for a point when Paul Blenman and Stuart McKillop earned promotion rivals Lovitt a 2-2 draw.
Gareth Keeping plundered four when unbeaten GSH crushed Westvale 9-0 with Simon Young (2), Scott Metcalf (2) and James Clark also on target, while KC Transport kept their promotion hopes alive with a 3-1 win over Victoria Cross thanks to Gary Williams (2) and Ashley Rogers.
Leighton Clarke’s first-half hat-trick put Wallisdown Con on course for a 4-2 success against New Inn with Wayne Fripp getting the other one, while tailenders Witchampton chalked up their first win of the season, walloping fellow strugglers Channel Seaways 8-1. Gavin Wyness bagged a hat-trick with Ben Hassell (2), Callum Parsley, Mike Reeks and Paul Allen also on target.
• Luke Stone let rip with a four-goal blast when Division Five pacesetters AFC HADCA swept aside Boscombe Albion 6-1 with Anthony Burt and John Harris adding one each.
LV FC, meanwhile, strengthened their grip on second place with a 3-1 victory over Carling Sports courtesy of Paul Goodman, James Bartholemew and an own goal.
Barton Wanderers went down 4-2 to a Wayne Murry hat-trick and a Matt Biddle strike against Barton Wanderers but Verwood SSC boosted their promotion hopes with a 5-0 triumph over Bournemouth Sports reserves thanks to Shaun Steer (2), Chris Thompson (2) and an own goal.
• Tradeprice UK will meet Division Two championship rivals Queens Park in the final of the M A Hart In-Excess Cup after Gary Vincent (2), Darrell Williams, Bradley Asagba and Ross Edwards ensured a 5-1 semi-final victory over Bluewood Athletic who replied through Jack Foster.
• Luke Dart was the five-goal hero in AKD Allstars’ 6-2 drubbing of Ace Fabrication with Paul Conroy also on target for the Division Six leaders.
Rockbourne went second on goal difference after Mark Newton settled the issue 1-0 against AFC Ringwood, while Talbot Pub maintained their promotion drive when they toppled Fiveways United 6-1 with a Jamie Wilson hat-trick and further goals from James Patey (2) and Josh Sparkes.
• Russell McGettigan and Stephen Murphy netted for New Milton Borough but their Division Seven promotion aspirations suffered a setback when Richmond Park Rangers surprised them 3-2 with goals from Jason Morgan (2) and Ryan Meads.
DH Britannia took over in second place on goal difference after Chris Payne, Pete McLarty, Simon Jones, Chris Elkins and Matt Payne gave them the edge 5-4 against James & James.
Shoulder of Mutton reserves toppled Dean Park Inn 6-2 with goals from Ricky Wilson (2), Andy Fraser, Shane Traynor, Luke Wadey and Jack Stanley, while Matt Whitcher and Ian Maidment gave AS Muscliff the edge 2-1 against Townsend Spartans.
• Phillip Lee’s goal for Fiveways Rangers was not quite enough to save the Division Eight leaders from a 2-1 defeat against championship rivals Newtown Rovers whose goals came via Adam Janes and Daniel Freshwater.
Nearest rivals Priory Quays reserves went down 4-1 to goals from Sacha Navarro, Mike Ennis, Mark Carrigan and Sam Doe against Kings Arms Wallisdown, while Jamie Virabi steered Ensbury Park to a 1-0 win over promotion rivals LV FC reserves.
• Dan Adlem rattled in four and Adam Beattie grabbed a hat-trick when second-placed Cranborne battered Fiveways reserves 9-4 in Division Nine with Charlie Arnold getting the other two.
Tony King notched a hat-trick in West Howe’s 8-0 trouncing of bottom-placed Tower Park with the other goals coming from Aiden Goodenough (2), Declan Graham (2) and Ben King.
Kyle Evans-Ferris netted for Kings Arms Athletic but they had to settle for a point when Andy Kerrigan earned Boscombe Celtic reserves a 1-1 draw.
Comments are closed on this article.