MATTY Holmes admitted he would have preferred three points to cup progress at North Leigh – before urging his Wimborne Town side to secure a repeat success.

Having dumped North Leigh out of the FA Trophy last Saturday, securing £3,000 in the process, Magpies on Saturday return to Oxfordshire hoping to again taste victory but this time in Southern League West.

Wimborne are unbeaten in four of their past five games and boss Holmes is keen to build on that run.

He told the Daily Echo: "In a way, you would have liked the three points more last Saturday but the money is important to the club.

"At the moment, the boys are very hungry and are showing great desire to win games. We are doing well on the road so it's really important we keep the momentum going.

"The boys are desperate to do well in the league this year. We have a small, tight-knit group of players who have shown a great attitude and Luke Burbidge coming in has really helped.

"If you take the cup game against Weymouth out of the equation given we made wholesale changes, we are in really good form.

"The boys are buzzing, they seem to know their jobs and responsibilities when they go out on the pitch and there is a real spirit about them.

"If you go on runs in this league, you soon bounce up the table very quickly but if you don't get three points or a point, you soon find yourself dropping down the bottom end.

"So it's really important we get something from the weekend.

"North Leigh is a tough place to go but if the boys keep the same attitude and play with that same hunger, they should not have a problem."

Meanwhile, Poole Town striker Tony Lee has joined Southern League West outfit AFC Totton on a short-term loan.

Lee has scored one goal in six National South appearances for Dolphins this season, with four of his league outings coming from the bench.

Elsewhere, Christchurch made the most of their FA Vase reprieve as they saw off Western League First Division leaders Westbury United.

Priory suffered a 5-2 extra-time defeat at Meadow Lane last month but were given a second chance as their opposition fielded a fourth substitute – against competition rules.

A replay was ordered and a headed effort from Kieran Douglas just after the hour mark handed Christchurch a 1-0 win at Hurn Bridge last night.

Ollie Cherrett's men banked £725 as a result and will now face US Portsmouth in the first round proper a week on Saturday, with £825 going to the winning team.