CHERRIES shared the points with Championship high-fliers Burnley for the second time this season as the teams battled out a 1-1 draw at Dean Court today.

Tokelo Rantie, who had scored in Cherries’ 1-1 draw at Turf Moor in November, repeated the feat when he netted with a glancing header after 51 minutes.

But Keith Treacy came off the bench to equalise for the visitors after 67 minutes, converting a deflected cross from fellow substitute Ross Wallace.

Striker Rantie was restored to the Cherries starting line-up as boss Eddie Howe made one change, with Andrew Surman dropping to the bench.

Cherries goalkeeper Lee Camp was pressed into action after five minutes, the stopper clutching Michael Kightly’s cross-shot at his near post.

Tom Heaton saved comfortably after Cherries defender Steve Cook had tried his luck with a speculative effort from 30 yards before Simon Francis intercepted Dean Marney’s dangerous cross.

Defender Francis fashioned the only real noteworthy chance of the first half, his thunderous drive from 30 yards snaffled by Heaton after 20 minutes.

Clarets defender Jason Shackell threw himself in front of Rantie to block after the South Africa international had let fly following a promising move from Cherries.

Cherries had a scare after Harry Arter had missed his kick in the middle of the pitch but, after Kightly had threatened to capitalise, Eunan O’Kane was on hand to save the day.

As a first half of few goalscoring chances drew to a close, Cherries were forced into a reshuffle when O’Kane was replaced on the stroke of half-time by Shaun MacDonald.

Cherries broke the deadlock six minutes into the second half when Rantie met Ian Harte’s corner with a glancing header, the 24-year-old registering his third goal of the season for the club.

Burnley appealed in vain for a penalty with Sam Vokes claiming his flick had been handled by MacDonald, although referee Graham Scott was having none of it.

The Clarets levelled midway through the second half when substitutes Wallace and Treacy combined to unlock the Cherries defence.

Treacy fired home at the far post after Wallace’s deflected cross had fallen invitingly for him.

Grabban burst through after 73 minutes but saw his effort from a tight angle turned past the post by Heaton before the goalkeeper tipped Tommy Elphick’s header over the crossbar.

Yann Kermorgant, on as a 70th-minute replacement for Rantie, headed narrowly past the post from a Ritchie centre before the Frenchman lifted a free kick over the top.

Francis was denied late on when his thumping drive clipped the crossbar before Ritchie’s effort was clutched by Heaton diving at his near post in the final minute.

Cherries: Camp, Francis, Cook, Elphick, Harte, Ritchie, O’Kane (MacDonald, 45), Arter, Pugh, Rantie (Kermorgant, 70), Grabban (Pitman, 86).

Unused subs: Smith, Surman, Fraser, Allsop (g/k).

Booked: Pitman, Kermorgant.

Clarets: Heaton, Trippier, Shackell, Duff, Mee, Arfield (Treacy, 61), Jones, Marney, Kightly (Wallace, 61), Vokes (Barnes, 81), Ings.

Unused subs: Stanislas, Edgar, Long, Cisak (g/k).

Referee: Graham Scott (Bedfordshire).

Attendance: 10,422 (including 1,406 away supporters).