AFC Bournemouth captain Elphick: Belief can take Cherries a long way

Bournemouth Echo: CAPTAIN: Tommy Elphick CAPTAIN: Tommy Elphick

SKIPPER Tommy Elphick insists the unshakable belief which led Cherries to a remarkable 2013 can provide the catalyst for success over the next year.

The centre-half declared himself pleased with Cherries’ progress in the Championship and backed the club’s less experienced stars to follow in the footsteps of players who have adjusted following promotion from League One.

Cherries hope to build on their historic year with success in back-to-back home matches against Yeovil Town on Boxing Day (3pm) and Ipswich Town on Sunday (3pm).

The Dean Court date with the Glovers is a repeat of last season’s festive showdown which Cherries won 3-0 during the surge towards promotion masterminded by returning boss Eddie Howe.

Both Cherries and Yeovil went on to embark on unstoppable runs of form in the new year, resulting in promotion for both clubs.

And with the Huish Park outfit again appearing on the Christmas fixture card, Elphick reckons the steadfast mentality which sec-ured a place in the Championship can keep Cherries forging ahead during the next 12 months.

Elphick told the Daily Echo: “It has definitely been one of the best years you could envisage for the club. We put together some good form in League One and while we had a bit of a rocky patch, personally, I never lost faith when we were not winning.

“I looked at the squad every day and the results just did not reflect what we were about and what we had on our side.

“When the gaffer came back in, he got us organised and gave us a direction and once we had hold of that, we were never going to let it go. Even when we lost five in a row, the principles remained the same.

“That togetherness and united front stood us in good stead then and still does at this level now. When we go through rough spells, the belief stays the same and that can take you a long way.”

Club captain Elphick also believes Cherries’ players have shown enough to prove they belong at their new level, even if they initially took time to adjust.

He added: “Looking back to when I started in League One, a lot of the players who progressed to the Championship with different clubs have managed to stay there and the first six months have been a good sign for us.

“We have given ourselves a nice eight-point cushion (over the relegation places) and we are just nine off the play-offs. If you had presented us with that at the start of the season, we would have taken it.

“A few people questioned our physical side to start with but winning at places like Sheffield Wednesday and Reading have put those doubts to bed.

“As long as we keep learning from every game, the players here can be confident of a good future at this level.”

Comments (30)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:31am Tue 24 Dec 13

smhinto says...

Dear Mr Alaisdair167
.
In response to your reply to my post yesteday.
.
My post after the Birmingham game had nothing to do whatsoever with an -
I told you so - attitude..
.
If you care to re-read that post It clearly refers to the fact that once we had conceded first there was no way back of which seems to be a general trend at the moment. We seem to struggle when conceding first that is the point I was trying to make i.e. with my - Here we go again - comment.
.
My point still stands i.e. if we fall being against Yeovl and Ipswich there is a big possibility that we could lose both of them unless we switch on quicker and get a firm hold of the game. This is the Championship not League One!!.
.
The point is we must get hold of the game earlier as Mr Elphick has been stating clealy in his recent Echo headlines, if you care to read them.
.
This yet another classic case of you not reading the post properly or
mis-interpretating it or taking it out of context as per normal.
.
However, seeing it is the season of goodwill - Merry xmas to you.
.
Regards
Dear Mr Alaisdair167 . In response to your reply to my post yesteday. . My post after the Birmingham game had nothing to do whatsoever with an - I told you so - attitude.. . If you care to re-read that post It clearly refers to the fact that once we had conceded first there was no way back of which seems to be a general trend at the moment. We seem to struggle when conceding first that is the point I was trying to make i.e. with my - Here we go again - comment. . My point still stands i.e. if we fall being against Yeovl and Ipswich there is a big possibility that we could lose both of them unless we switch on quicker and get a firm hold of the game. This is the Championship not League One!!. . The point is we must get hold of the game earlier as Mr Elphick has been stating clealy in his recent Echo headlines, if you care to read them. . This yet another classic case of you not reading the post properly or mis-interpretating it or taking it out of context as per normal. . However, seeing it is the season of goodwill - Merry xmas to you. . Regards smhinto

9:46am Tue 24 Dec 13

Nat1234 says...

smhinto wrote:
Dear Mr Alaisdair167
.
In response to your reply to my post yesteday.
.
My post after the Birmingham game had nothing to do whatsoever with an -
I told you so - attitude..
.
If you care to re-read that post It clearly refers to the fact that once we had conceded first there was no way back of which seems to be a general trend at the moment. We seem to struggle when conceding first that is the point I was trying to make i.e. with my - Here we go again - comment.
.
My point still stands i.e. if we fall being against Yeovl and Ipswich there is a big possibility that we could lose both of them unless we switch on quicker and get a firm hold of the game. This is the Championship not League One!!.
.
The point is we must get hold of the game earlier as Mr Elphick has been stating clealy in his recent Echo headlines, if you care to read them.
.
This yet another classic case of you not reading the post properly or
mis-interpretating it or taking it out of context as per normal.
.
However, seeing it is the season of goodwill - Merry xmas to you.
.
Regards
But surely that wasn't the case against MILWALL . I'm afraid tho I think it will be a draw and a loss , until we get another striker in jan , I think that will be the way it's going to be . But I think Eddie knows this . That's why he will loan 3 or 4 players out and get 2 good players in ...
[quote][p][bold]smhinto[/bold] wrote: Dear Mr Alaisdair167 . In response to your reply to my post yesteday. . My post after the Birmingham game had nothing to do whatsoever with an - I told you so - attitude.. . If you care to re-read that post It clearly refers to the fact that once we had conceded first there was no way back of which seems to be a general trend at the moment. We seem to struggle when conceding first that is the point I was trying to make i.e. with my - Here we go again - comment. . My point still stands i.e. if we fall being against Yeovl and Ipswich there is a big possibility that we could lose both of them unless we switch on quicker and get a firm hold of the game. This is the Championship not League One!!. . The point is we must get hold of the game earlier as Mr Elphick has been stating clealy in his recent Echo headlines, if you care to read them. . This yet another classic case of you not reading the post properly or mis-interpretating it or taking it out of context as per normal. . However, seeing it is the season of goodwill - Merry xmas to you. . Regards[/p][/quote]But surely that wasn't the case against MILWALL . I'm afraid tho I think it will be a draw and a loss , until we get another striker in jan , I think that will be the way it's going to be . But I think Eddie knows this . That's why he will loan 3 or 4 players out and get 2 good players in ... Nat1234

9:52am Tue 24 Dec 13

atha says...

Yesterday you stated you were sure EH would bring in the right sort of player in January.
In your next sentence you commented that in the unlikely event he brought in the wrong type of player, our form would suffer.
Well, talk about stating the obvious.
In fact if you are so sure he will bring in the right player, why then add a negative comment in the next sentence?
Makes me laugh when you go on about your job as a football scout.
More like a Boy Scout.
Yesterday you stated you were sure EH would bring in the right sort of player in January. In your next sentence you commented that in the unlikely event he brought in the wrong type of player, our form would suffer. Well, talk about stating the obvious. In fact if you are so sure he will bring in the right player, why then add a negative comment in the next sentence? Makes me laugh when you go on about your job as a football scout. More like a Boy Scout. atha

11:08am Tue 24 Dec 13

nonnogeppetto says...

smhinto wrote:
Dear Mr Alaisdair167
.
In response to your reply to my post yesteday.
.
My post after the Birmingham game had nothing to do whatsoever with an -
I told you so - attitude..
.
If you care to re-read that post It clearly refers to the fact that once we had conceded first there was no way back of which seems to be a general trend at the moment. We seem to struggle when conceding first that is the point I was trying to make i.e. with my - Here we go again - comment.
.
My point still stands i.e. if we fall being against Yeovl and Ipswich there is a big possibility that we could lose both of them unless we switch on quicker and get a firm hold of the game. This is the Championship not League One!!.
.
The point is we must get hold of the game earlier as Mr Elphick has been stating clealy in his recent Echo headlines, if you care to read them.
.
This yet another classic case of you not reading the post properly or
mis-interpretating it or taking it out of context as per normal.
.
However, seeing it is the season of goodwill - Merry xmas to you.
.
Regards
I feel I need to step in here (Kermit!!)

Can I correct you on one point that Alasdair...was making. That is that when we lose you are very quick to find time and energy to post your comments, however justifiable that maybe, however the point that he makes is that you are less speedy (not always) to praise/celebrate the win. I am not asking you to repeat yourself here but just want to balance the differing views.

I think that regardless of which league a team is when they go 0-2 down it isn't always easy to score three goals and win unless the opposition continue to play an open game.In the case of Birmingham for the majority of the remaining time they defended as there was no tomorrow something that you would not have known unless you were there. Of course I would expect any team to defend their two goal leads I would expect AFCB to do likewise.

It is not always to do with reading your comments properly it is all to do with your manner of writing. I have to say that apart from calling you an 'oversized' frog I have come to accept your point of you and really take much notice of the repetitive aspects of your posts.

Have a stiff drink and think of England and be Merry
Kind regards
[quote][p][bold]smhinto[/bold] wrote: Dear Mr Alaisdair167 . In response to your reply to my post yesteday. . My post after the Birmingham game had nothing to do whatsoever with an - I told you so - attitude.. . If you care to re-read that post It clearly refers to the fact that once we had conceded first there was no way back of which seems to be a general trend at the moment. We seem to struggle when conceding first that is the point I was trying to make i.e. with my - Here we go again - comment. . My point still stands i.e. if we fall being against Yeovl and Ipswich there is a big possibility that we could lose both of them unless we switch on quicker and get a firm hold of the game. This is the Championship not League One!!. . The point is we must get hold of the game earlier as Mr Elphick has been stating clealy in his recent Echo headlines, if you care to read them. . This yet another classic case of you not reading the post properly or mis-interpretating it or taking it out of context as per normal. . However, seeing it is the season of goodwill - Merry xmas to you. . Regards[/p][/quote]I feel I need to step in here (Kermit!!) Can I correct you on one point that Alasdair...was making. That is that when we lose you are very quick to find time and energy to post your comments, however justifiable that maybe, however the point that he makes is that you are less speedy (not always) to praise/celebrate the win. I am not asking you to repeat yourself here but just want to balance the differing views. I think that regardless of which league a team is when they go 0-2 down it isn't always easy to score three goals and win unless the opposition continue to play an open game.In the case of Birmingham for the majority of the remaining time they defended as there was no tomorrow something that you would not have known unless you were there. Of course I would expect any team to defend their two goal leads I would expect AFCB to do likewise. It is not always to do with reading your comments properly it is all to do with your manner of writing. I have to say that apart from calling you an 'oversized' frog I have come to accept your point of you and really take much notice of the repetitive aspects of your posts. Have a stiff drink and think of England and be Merry Kind regards nonnogeppetto

11:25am Tue 24 Dec 13

nonnogeppetto says...

and 'not' take much notice (door bell rung in the middle of proof reading!!!!
and 'not' take much notice (door bell rung in the middle of proof reading!!!! nonnogeppetto

11:26am Tue 24 Dec 13

nonnogeppetto says...

rang (silly me)
rang (silly me) nonnogeppetto

11:35am Tue 24 Dec 13

Afcbpete says...

nonnogeppetto wrote:
rang (silly me)
Take more water with it Nonno!!
REALLY looking forward to two home games on the trot. It's been a great season, and every game is anticipated with a lot of expectation, that I'll see another exciting game, and I'm never disappointed, regardless of results... Happy Christmas everyone... UTCIAD
[quote][p][bold]nonnogeppetto[/bold] wrote: rang (silly me)[/p][/quote]Take more water with it Nonno!! REALLY looking forward to two home games on the trot. It's been a great season, and every game is anticipated with a lot of expectation, that I'll see another exciting game, and I'm never disappointed, regardless of results... Happy Christmas everyone... UTCIAD Afcbpete

11:47am Tue 24 Dec 13

nonnogeppetto says...

Afcbpete wrote:
nonnogeppetto wrote:
rang (silly me)
Take more water with it Nonno!!
REALLY looking forward to two home games on the trot. It's been a great season, and every game is anticipated with a lot of expectation, that I'll see another exciting game, and I'm never disappointed, regardless of results... Happy Christmas everyone... UTCIAD
is there an away game before the FA cup? You are right about taking water with it!!
[quote][p][bold]Afcbpete[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nonnogeppetto[/bold] wrote: rang (silly me)[/p][/quote]Take more water with it Nonno!! REALLY looking forward to two home games on the trot. It's been a great season, and every game is anticipated with a lot of expectation, that I'll see another exciting game, and I'm never disappointed, regardless of results... Happy Christmas everyone... UTCIAD[/p][/quote]is there an away game before the FA cup? You are right about taking water with it!! nonnogeppetto

11:48am Tue 24 Dec 13

nonnogeppetto says...

nonnogeppetto wrote:
Afcbpete wrote:
nonnogeppetto wrote:
rang (silly me)
Take more water with it Nonno!!
REALLY looking forward to two home games on the trot. It's been a great season, and every game is anticipated with a lot of expectation, that I'll see another exciting game, and I'm never disappointed, regardless of results... Happy Christmas everyone... UTCIAD
is there an away game before the FA cup? You are right about taking water with it!!
Of Course the Seagulls!!
[quote][p][bold]nonnogeppetto[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Afcbpete[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nonnogeppetto[/bold] wrote: rang (silly me)[/p][/quote]Take more water with it Nonno!! REALLY looking forward to two home games on the trot. It's been a great season, and every game is anticipated with a lot of expectation, that I'll see another exciting game, and I'm never disappointed, regardless of results... Happy Christmas everyone... UTCIAD[/p][/quote]is there an away game before the FA cup? You are right about taking water with it!![/p][/quote]Of Course the Seagulls!! nonnogeppetto

12:31pm Tue 24 Dec 13

Afcbpete says...

nonnogeppetto wrote:
nonnogeppetto wrote:
Afcbpete wrote:
nonnogeppetto wrote:
rang (silly me)
Take more water with it Nonno!!
REALLY looking forward to two home games on the trot. It's been a great season, and every game is anticipated with a lot of expectation, that I'll see another exciting game, and I'm never disappointed, regardless of results... Happy Christmas everyone... UTCIAD
is there an away game before the FA cup? You are right about taking water with it!!
Of Course the Seagulls!!
SEE what I mean Hic!!
[quote][p][bold]nonnogeppetto[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nonnogeppetto[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Afcbpete[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nonnogeppetto[/bold] wrote: rang (silly me)[/p][/quote]Take more water with it Nonno!! REALLY looking forward to two home games on the trot. It's been a great season, and every game is anticipated with a lot of expectation, that I'll see another exciting game, and I'm never disappointed, regardless of results... Happy Christmas everyone... UTCIAD[/p][/quote]is there an away game before the FA cup? You are right about taking water with it!![/p][/quote]Of Course the Seagulls!![/p][/quote]SEE what I mean Hic!! Afcbpete

12:53pm Tue 24 Dec 13

nonnogeppetto says...

Afcbpete wrote:
nonnogeppetto wrote:
nonnogeppetto wrote:
Afcbpete wrote:
nonnogeppetto wrote:
rang (silly me)
Take more water with it Nonno!!
REALLY looking forward to two home games on the trot. It's been a great season, and every game is anticipated with a lot of expectation, that I'll see another exciting game, and I'm never disappointed, regardless of results... Happy Christmas everyone... UTCIAD
is there an away game before the FA cup? You are right about taking water with it!!
Of Course the Seagulls!!
SEE what I mean Hic!!
I have a bottle filled with clear liquid the label reads 'holdinkæft' it is 40% and in small print the name 'grappa' maybe that is what is doing it.


Regards Harry Hic hic!!!!!
[quote][p][bold]Afcbpete[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nonnogeppetto[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nonnogeppetto[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Afcbpete[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nonnogeppetto[/bold] wrote: rang (silly me)[/p][/quote]Take more water with it Nonno!! REALLY looking forward to two home games on the trot. It's been a great season, and every game is anticipated with a lot of expectation, that I'll see another exciting game, and I'm never disappointed, regardless of results... Happy Christmas everyone... UTCIAD[/p][/quote]is there an away game before the FA cup? You are right about taking water with it!![/p][/quote]Of Course the Seagulls!![/p][/quote]SEE what I mean Hic!![/p][/quote]I have a bottle filled with clear liquid the label reads 'holdinkæft' it is 40% and in small print the name 'grappa' maybe that is what is doing it. Regards Harry Hic hic!!!!! nonnogeppetto

12:56pm Tue 24 Dec 13

cromwell9 says...

EIpick is one of the best captains AFCB have ever had .
I agree with every thing he said.
It has been a learning curve for a lot of players .But Eddy and Jason have a way of playing the game ,and it seems to be working .
Good luck for Boxing Day against Yeovil.We will be in the North Stand looking for a win .
Lets hope Yeovil dont have one of their good away days.
EIpick is one of the best captains AFCB have ever had . I agree with every thing he said. It has been a learning curve for a lot of players .But Eddy and Jason have a way of playing the game ,and it seems to be working . Good luck for Boxing Day against Yeovil.We will be in the North Stand looking for a win . Lets hope Yeovil dont have one of their good away days. cromwell9

1:01pm Tue 24 Dec 13

Afcbpete says...

nonnogeppetto wrote:
Afcbpete wrote:
nonnogeppetto wrote:
nonnogeppetto wrote:
Afcbpete wrote:
nonnogeppetto wrote:
rang (silly me)
Take more water with it Nonno!!
REALLY looking forward to two home games on the trot. It's been a great season, and every game is anticipated with a lot of expectation, that I'll see another exciting game, and I'm never disappointed, regardless of results... Happy Christmas everyone... UTCIAD
is there an away game before the FA cup? You are right about taking water with it!!
Of Course the Seagulls!!
SEE what I mean Hic!!
I have a bottle filled with clear liquid the label reads 'holdinkæft' it is 40% and in small print the name 'grappa' maybe that is what is doing it.


Regards Harry Hic hic!!!!!
You're quite sure it's CLEAR???
You could do with some decent bread to go with it, that may make all the difference. If you're interested, I know a man who makes FAB rolls and bread!!
Worth a thought :)
[quote][p][bold]nonnogeppetto[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Afcbpete[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nonnogeppetto[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nonnogeppetto[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Afcbpete[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nonnogeppetto[/bold] wrote: rang (silly me)[/p][/quote]Take more water with it Nonno!! REALLY looking forward to two home games on the trot. It's been a great season, and every game is anticipated with a lot of expectation, that I'll see another exciting game, and I'm never disappointed, regardless of results... Happy Christmas everyone... UTCIAD[/p][/quote]is there an away game before the FA cup? You are right about taking water with it!![/p][/quote]Of Course the Seagulls!![/p][/quote]SEE what I mean Hic!![/p][/quote]I have a bottle filled with clear liquid the label reads 'holdinkæft' it is 40% and in small print the name 'grappa' maybe that is what is doing it. Regards Harry Hic hic!!!!![/p][/quote]You're quite sure it's CLEAR??? You could do with some decent bread to go with it, that may make all the difference. If you're interested, I know a man who makes FAB rolls and bread!! Worth a thought :) Afcbpete

1:04pm Tue 24 Dec 13

nonnogeppetto says...

Afcbpete wrote:
nonnogeppetto wrote:
Afcbpete wrote:
nonnogeppetto wrote:
nonnogeppetto wrote:
Afcbpete wrote:
nonnogeppetto wrote:
rang (silly me)
Take more water with it Nonno!!
REALLY looking forward to two home games on the trot. It's been a great season, and every game is anticipated with a lot of expectation, that I'll see another exciting game, and I'm never disappointed, regardless of results... Happy Christmas everyone... UTCIAD
is there an away game before the FA cup? You are right about taking water with it!!
Of Course the Seagulls!!
SEE what I mean Hic!!
I have a bottle filled with clear liquid the label reads 'holdinkæft' it is 40% and in small print the name 'grappa' maybe that is what is doing it.


Regards Harry Hic hic!!!!!
You're quite sure it's CLEAR???
You could do with some decent bread to go with it, that may make all the difference. If you're interested, I know a man who makes FAB rolls and bread!!
Worth a thought :)
Is that a thought or a dough!!!!
[quote][p][bold]Afcbpete[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nonnogeppetto[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Afcbpete[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nonnogeppetto[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nonnogeppetto[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Afcbpete[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nonnogeppetto[/bold] wrote: rang (silly me)[/p][/quote]Take more water with it Nonno!! REALLY looking forward to two home games on the trot. It's been a great season, and every game is anticipated with a lot of expectation, that I'll see another exciting game, and I'm never disappointed, regardless of results... Happy Christmas everyone... UTCIAD[/p][/quote]is there an away game before the FA cup? You are right about taking water with it!![/p][/quote]Of Course the Seagulls!![/p][/quote]SEE what I mean Hic!![/p][/quote]I have a bottle filled with clear liquid the label reads 'holdinkæft' it is 40% and in small print the name 'grappa' maybe that is what is doing it. Regards Harry Hic hic!!!!![/p][/quote]You're quite sure it's CLEAR??? You could do with some decent bread to go with it, that may make all the difference. If you're interested, I know a man who makes FAB rolls and bread!! Worth a thought :)[/p][/quote]Is that a thought or a dough!!!! nonnogeppetto

1:18pm Tue 24 Dec 13

Nat1234 says...

cromwell9 wrote:
EIpick is one of the best captains AFCB have ever had .
I agree with every thing he said.
It has been a learning curve for a lot of players .But Eddy and Jason have a way of playing the game ,and it seems to be working .
Good luck for Boxing Day against Yeovil.We will be in the North Stand looking for a win .
Lets hope Yeovil dont have one of their good away days.
Are you sure about that , when Cooke and ward are both fit , elphick will not get on the starting team sheet ..
[quote][p][bold]cromwell9[/bold] wrote: EIpick is one of the best captains AFCB have ever had . I agree with every thing he said. It has been a learning curve for a lot of players .But Eddy and Jason have a way of playing the game ,and it seems to be working . Good luck for Boxing Day against Yeovil.We will be in the North Stand looking for a win . Lets hope Yeovil dont have one of their good away days.[/p][/quote]Are you sure about that , when Cooke and ward are both fit , elphick will not get on the starting team sheet .. Nat1234

3:05pm Tue 24 Dec 13

smhinto says...

nonnogeppetto wrote:
smhinto wrote:
Dear Mr Alaisdair167
.
In response to your reply to my post yesteday.
.
My post after the Birmingham game had nothing to do whatsoever with an -
I told you so - attitude..
.
If you care to re-read that post It clearly refers to the fact that once we had conceded first there was no way back of which seems to be a general trend at the moment. We seem to struggle when conceding first that is the point I was trying to make i.e. with my - Here we go again - comment.
.
My point still stands i.e. if we fall being against Yeovl and Ipswich there is a big possibility that we could lose both of them unless we switch on quicker and get a firm hold of the game. This is the Championship not League One!!.
.
The point is we must get hold of the game earlier as Mr Elphick has been stating clealy in his recent Echo headlines, if you care to read them.
.
This yet another classic case of you not reading the post properly or
mis-interpretating it or taking it out of context as per normal.
.
However, seeing it is the season of goodwill - Merry xmas to you.
.
Regards
I feel I need to step in here (Kermit!!)

Can I correct you on one point that Alasdair...was making. That is that when we lose you are very quick to find time and energy to post your comments, however justifiable that maybe, however the point that he makes is that you are less speedy (not always) to praise/celebrate the win. I am not asking you to repeat yourself here but just want to balance the differing views.

I think that regardless of which league a team is when they go 0-2 down it isn't always easy to score three goals and win unless the opposition continue to play an open game.In the case of Birmingham for the majority of the remaining time they defended as there was no tomorrow something that you would not have known unless you were there. Of course I would expect any team to defend their two goal leads I would expect AFCB to do likewise.

It is not always to do with reading your comments properly it is all to do with your manner of writing. I have to say that apart from calling you an 'oversized' frog I have come to accept your point of you and really take much notice of the repetitive aspects of your posts.

Have a stiff drink and think of England and be Merry
Kind regards
Nonno

It not always the case that I am slow to praise a win. I have done so many times, once getting a minus 45 score or doing so. Just typical is it not ?.
.
Sometimes I get held up after a game and wind up chatting to another scout from another club about the game as was the case at MK Dons last Saturday and so get distracted from posting after a game, But I will make he effort in future.
.
Incidentially. I bumped into Russ Wilcox, who I have known for sometime, during the week in ASDA Lincoln. He has got Scunthorpe firing by doing what he described as putting round pegs into round holes and square pegs into square holes. In other words uncomplicating things and putting players back where they felt most comfortable.
.
I stated during my earlier posts that Wilcox should have got the job over Bradbury. His knowledge of lower divison football is second to none. Oh and by the way he asked me not to repeat his views on his tenure at AFCB so I wil respect that. Needless to say he was not a happy bunny.
.
Merry xmas all and a prosperous new year. Lets' hope for at least four points from these two home games.
.
Regards
[quote][p][bold]nonnogeppetto[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]smhinto[/bold] wrote: Dear Mr Alaisdair167 . In response to your reply to my post yesteday. . My post after the Birmingham game had nothing to do whatsoever with an - I told you so - attitude.. . If you care to re-read that post It clearly refers to the fact that once we had conceded first there was no way back of which seems to be a general trend at the moment. We seem to struggle when conceding first that is the point I was trying to make i.e. with my - Here we go again - comment. . My point still stands i.e. if we fall being against Yeovl and Ipswich there is a big possibility that we could lose both of them unless we switch on quicker and get a firm hold of the game. This is the Championship not League One!!. . The point is we must get hold of the game earlier as Mr Elphick has been stating clealy in his recent Echo headlines, if you care to read them. . This yet another classic case of you not reading the post properly or mis-interpretating it or taking it out of context as per normal. . However, seeing it is the season of goodwill - Merry xmas to you. . Regards[/p][/quote]I feel I need to step in here (Kermit!!) Can I correct you on one point that Alasdair...was making. That is that when we lose you are very quick to find time and energy to post your comments, however justifiable that maybe, however the point that he makes is that you are less speedy (not always) to praise/celebrate the win. I am not asking you to repeat yourself here but just want to balance the differing views. I think that regardless of which league a team is when they go 0-2 down it isn't always easy to score three goals and win unless the opposition continue to play an open game.In the case of Birmingham for the majority of the remaining time they defended as there was no tomorrow something that you would not have known unless you were there. Of course I would expect any team to defend their two goal leads I would expect AFCB to do likewise. It is not always to do with reading your comments properly it is all to do with your manner of writing. I have to say that apart from calling you an 'oversized' frog I have come to accept your point of you and really take much notice of the repetitive aspects of your posts. Have a stiff drink and think of England and be Merry Kind regards[/p][/quote]Nonno It not always the case that I am slow to praise a win. I have done so many times, once getting a minus 45 score or doing so. Just typical is it not ?. . Sometimes I get held up after a game and wind up chatting to another scout from another club about the game as was the case at MK Dons last Saturday and so get distracted from posting after a game, But I will make he effort in future. . Incidentially. I bumped into Russ Wilcox, who I have known for sometime, during the week in ASDA Lincoln. He has got Scunthorpe firing by doing what he described as putting round pegs into round holes and square pegs into square holes. In other words uncomplicating things and putting players back where they felt most comfortable. . I stated during my earlier posts that Wilcox should have got the job over Bradbury. His knowledge of lower divison football is second to none. Oh and by the way he asked me not to repeat his views on his tenure at AFCB so I wil respect that. Needless to say he was not a happy bunny. . Merry xmas all and a prosperous new year. Lets' hope for at least four points from these two home games. . Regards smhinto

4:15pm Tue 24 Dec 13

nonnogeppetto says...

smhinto wrote:
nonnogeppetto wrote:
smhinto wrote:
Dear Mr Alaisdair167
.
In response to your reply to my post yesteday.
.
My post after the Birmingham game had nothing to do whatsoever with an -
I told you so - attitude..
.
If you care to re-read that post It clearly refers to the fact that once we had conceded first there was no way back of which seems to be a general trend at the moment. We seem to struggle when conceding first that is the point I was trying to make i.e. with my - Here we go again - comment.
.
My point still stands i.e. if we fall being against Yeovl and Ipswich there is a big possibility that we could lose both of them unless we switch on quicker and get a firm hold of the game. This is the Championship not League One!!.
.
The point is we must get hold of the game earlier as Mr Elphick has been stating clealy in his recent Echo headlines, if you care to read them.
.
This yet another classic case of you not reading the post properly or
mis-interpretating it or taking it out of context as per normal.
.
However, seeing it is the season of goodwill - Merry xmas to you.
.
Regards
I feel I need to step in here (Kermit!!)

Can I correct you on one point that Alasdair...was making. That is that when we lose you are very quick to find time and energy to post your comments, however justifiable that maybe, however the point that he makes is that you are less speedy (not always) to praise/celebrate the win. I am not asking you to repeat yourself here but just want to balance the differing views.

I think that regardless of which league a team is when they go 0-2 down it isn't always easy to score three goals and win unless the opposition continue to play an open game.In the case of Birmingham for the majority of the remaining time they defended as there was no tomorrow something that you would not have known unless you were there. Of course I would expect any team to defend their two goal leads I would expect AFCB to do likewise.

It is not always to do with reading your comments properly it is all to do with your manner of writing. I have to say that apart from calling you an 'oversized' frog I have come to accept your point of you and really take much notice of the repetitive aspects of your posts.

Have a stiff drink and think of England and be Merry
Kind regards
Nonno

It not always the case that I am slow to praise a win. I have done so many times, once getting a minus 45 score or doing so. Just typical is it not ?.
.
Sometimes I get held up after a game and wind up chatting to another scout from another club about the game as was the case at MK Dons last Saturday and so get distracted from posting after a game, But I will make he effort in future.
.
Incidentially. I bumped into Russ Wilcox, who I have known for sometime, during the week in ASDA Lincoln. He has got Scunthorpe firing by doing what he described as putting round pegs into round holes and square pegs into square holes. In other words uncomplicating things and putting players back where they felt most comfortable.
.
I stated during my earlier posts that Wilcox should have got the job over Bradbury. His knowledge of lower divison football is second to none. Oh and by the way he asked me not to repeat his views on his tenure at AFCB so I wil respect that. Needless to say he was not a happy bunny.
.
Merry xmas all and a prosperous new year. Lets' hope for at least four points from these two home games.
.
Regards
Now there's a thing! simplifying the beautiful game whatever next!

All the best matches I have ever watched invariably involved simple passing and uncomplicated stuff but I am simple (some would say!) so that explains it!

By the way I wasn't asking you to justify your reasons I was simply addressing the point that Alasdair was making.

I would take the four point but lets aim higher and go for the full amount three games and three wins!

Cheers
[quote][p][bold]smhinto[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nonnogeppetto[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]smhinto[/bold] wrote: Dear Mr Alaisdair167 . In response to your reply to my post yesteday. . My post after the Birmingham game had nothing to do whatsoever with an - I told you so - attitude.. . If you care to re-read that post It clearly refers to the fact that once we had conceded first there was no way back of which seems to be a general trend at the moment. We seem to struggle when conceding first that is the point I was trying to make i.e. with my - Here we go again - comment. . My point still stands i.e. if we fall being against Yeovl and Ipswich there is a big possibility that we could lose both of them unless we switch on quicker and get a firm hold of the game. This is the Championship not League One!!. . The point is we must get hold of the game earlier as Mr Elphick has been stating clealy in his recent Echo headlines, if you care to read them. . This yet another classic case of you not reading the post properly or mis-interpretating it or taking it out of context as per normal. . However, seeing it is the season of goodwill - Merry xmas to you. . Regards[/p][/quote]I feel I need to step in here (Kermit!!) Can I correct you on one point that Alasdair...was making. That is that when we lose you are very quick to find time and energy to post your comments, however justifiable that maybe, however the point that he makes is that you are less speedy (not always) to praise/celebrate the win. I am not asking you to repeat yourself here but just want to balance the differing views. I think that regardless of which league a team is when they go 0-2 down it isn't always easy to score three goals and win unless the opposition continue to play an open game.In the case of Birmingham for the majority of the remaining time they defended as there was no tomorrow something that you would not have known unless you were there. Of course I would expect any team to defend their two goal leads I would expect AFCB to do likewise. It is not always to do with reading your comments properly it is all to do with your manner of writing. I have to say that apart from calling you an 'oversized' frog I have come to accept your point of you and really take much notice of the repetitive aspects of your posts. Have a stiff drink and think of England and be Merry Kind regards[/p][/quote]Nonno It not always the case that I am slow to praise a win. I have done so many times, once getting a minus 45 score or doing so. Just typical is it not ?. . Sometimes I get held up after a game and wind up chatting to another scout from another club about the game as was the case at MK Dons last Saturday and so get distracted from posting after a game, But I will make he effort in future. . Incidentially. I bumped into Russ Wilcox, who I have known for sometime, during the week in ASDA Lincoln. He has got Scunthorpe firing by doing what he described as putting round pegs into round holes and square pegs into square holes. In other words uncomplicating things and putting players back where they felt most comfortable. . I stated during my earlier posts that Wilcox should have got the job over Bradbury. His knowledge of lower divison football is second to none. Oh and by the way he asked me not to repeat his views on his tenure at AFCB so I wil respect that. Needless to say he was not a happy bunny. . Merry xmas all and a prosperous new year. Lets' hope for at least four points from these two home games. . Regards[/p][/quote]Now there's a thing! simplifying the beautiful game whatever next! All the best matches I have ever watched invariably involved simple passing and uncomplicated stuff but I am simple (some would say!) so that explains it! By the way I wasn't asking you to justify your reasons I was simply addressing the point that Alasdair was making. I would take the four point but lets aim higher and go for the full amount three games and three wins! Cheers nonnogeppetto

4:39pm Tue 24 Dec 13

raybren says...

Top Scout SMHINTO interviews Scunthorpe caretaker manager RUSS WILCOX " ....................
....................
....................
....................
....................
....................
....................
....................
....................
....................
....................
....................
.......... ....................
....................
....................
....................
....................
....................
....................
....................
....................
....................
....................
....................
....................
....................
....................
....................
....................
....................
....................
....................
.............. yes , always do my big shop at ASDA !
Top Scout SMHINTO interviews Scunthorpe caretaker manager RUSS WILCOX " .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .......... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .............. yes , always do my big shop at ASDA ! raybren

5:56pm Tue 24 Dec 13

nonnogeppetto says...

raybren wrote:
Top Scout SMHINTO interviews Scunthorpe caretaker manager RUSS WILCOX " ....................

....................

....................

....................

....................

....................

....................

....................

....................

....................

....................

....................

.......... ....................

....................

....................

....................

....................

....................

....................

....................

....................

....................

....................

....................

....................

....................

....................

....................

....................

....................

....................

....................

.............. yes , always do my big shop at ASDA !
You naughty boy raybren Santa will bring you a lump of coal if you don't watch it!!!!!

Bring on Boxing Day and forget about Santa!!!

Best wishes!
[quote][p][bold]raybren[/bold] wrote: Top Scout SMHINTO interviews Scunthorpe caretaker manager RUSS WILCOX " .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .......... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .................... .............. yes , always do my big shop at ASDA ![/p][/quote]You naughty boy raybren Santa will bring you a lump of coal if you don't watch it!!!!! Bring on Boxing Day and forget about Santa!!! Best wishes! nonnogeppetto

8:10pm Tue 24 Dec 13

holdinkæft says...

nonnogeppetto wrote:
and 'not' take much notice (door bell rung in the middle of proof reading!!!!
not those bloody carol singers again i hope.
[quote][p][bold]nonnogeppetto[/bold] wrote: and 'not' take much notice (door bell rung in the middle of proof reading!!!![/p][/quote]not those bloody carol singers again i hope. holdinkæft

8:18pm Tue 24 Dec 13

TedMacsCherryPants says...

A Very Cherry Christmas to all posters!!!
UTMC
A Very Cherry Christmas to all posters!!! UTMC TedMacsCherryPants

8:38pm Tue 24 Dec 13

nonnogeppetto says...

holdinkæft wrote:
nonnogeppetto wrote:
and 'not' take much notice (door bell rung in the middle of proof reading!!!!
not those bloody carol singers again i hope.
Excited grandchildren.
[quote][p][bold]holdinkæft[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nonnogeppetto[/bold] wrote: and 'not' take much notice (door bell rung in the middle of proof reading!!!![/p][/quote]not those bloody carol singers again i hope.[/p][/quote]Excited grandchildren. nonnogeppetto

8:41pm Tue 24 Dec 13

holdinkæft says...

TedMacsCherryPants wrote:
A Very Cherry Christmas to all posters!!!
UTMC
Just going out to buy the liquid for tomorrow,
Enjoy the day, I know what my present is
a white shirt with a red sash,
SEASONS GREETINGS TO ALL
[quote][p][bold]TedMacsCherryPants[/bold] wrote: A Very Cherry Christmas to all posters!!! UTMC[/p][/quote]Just going out to buy the liquid for tomorrow, Enjoy the day, I know what my present is a white shirt with a red sash, SEASONS GREETINGS TO ALL holdinkæft

8:42pm Tue 24 Dec 13

nonnogeppetto says...

TedMacsCherryPants wrote:
A Very Cherry Christmas to all posters!!!
UTMC
And the very same to you!

Thank goodness for a football match to cheer on Boxing Day and help with the digestion!!!!

Coal fire burning nicely only I need is some nuts to roast!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kermit where are you!!!
[quote][p][bold]TedMacsCherryPants[/bold] wrote: A Very Cherry Christmas to all posters!!! UTMC[/p][/quote]And the very same to you! Thank goodness for a football match to cheer on Boxing Day and help with the digestion!!!! Coal fire burning nicely only I need is some nuts to roast!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kermit where are you!!! nonnogeppetto

10:09pm Tue 24 Dec 13

holdinkæft says...

nonnogeppetto wrote:
holdinkæft wrote:
nonnogeppetto wrote:
and 'not' take much notice (door bell rung in the middle of proof reading!!!!
not those bloody carol singers again i hope.
Excited grandchildren.
Nice, can remember my christmas as a kid. Santa was my best mate then if he turned up, lets hope he remembers come boxing day. 3 points would be nice.
A couple of things, Arters bookings seem to have dried up, all 4 get wiped out come New Year.and TKs involvement in the Africa Nations Cup come january. Ithink this is the reason Howe isnt using him. trying to get a settled side. knowing he wont be available in january. Okane has surprised me in front of the back four, i thought that was Macs job, and I actually prefer Mac there. Anyway ENJOY the holidays with your family. and anyone else who cares to read.enjoy.
[quote][p][bold]nonnogeppetto[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]holdinkæft[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nonnogeppetto[/bold] wrote: and 'not' take much notice (door bell rung in the middle of proof reading!!!![/p][/quote]not those bloody carol singers again i hope.[/p][/quote]Excited grandchildren.[/p][/quote]Nice, can remember my christmas as a kid. Santa was my best mate then if he turned up, lets hope he remembers come boxing day. 3 points would be nice. A couple of things, Arters bookings seem to have dried up, all 4 get wiped out come New Year.and TKs involvement in the Africa Nations Cup come january. Ithink this is the reason Howe isnt using him. trying to get a settled side. knowing he wont be available in january. Okane has surprised me in front of the back four, i thought that was Macs job, and I actually prefer Mac there. Anyway ENJOY the holidays with your family. and anyone else who cares to read.enjoy. holdinkæft

10:22pm Tue 24 Dec 13

holdinkæft says...

Anybody notice, Christmas is over, the sales are on Boxing day, and next years holidays are on sale now. Christmas tomorrow.. take a breath.
Anybody notice, Christmas is over, the sales are on Boxing day, and next years holidays are on sale now. Christmas tomorrow.. take a breath. holdinkæft

10:28pm Tue 24 Dec 13

galadriel says...

smhinto wrote:
Dear Mr Alaisdair167
.
In response to your reply to my post yesteday.
.
My post after the Birmingham game had nothing to do whatsoever with an -
I told you so - attitude..
.
If you care to re-read that post It clearly refers to the fact that once we had conceded first there was no way back of which seems to be a general trend at the moment. We seem to struggle when conceding first that is the point I was trying to make i.e. with my - Here we go again - comment.
.
My point still stands i.e. if we fall being against Yeovl and Ipswich there is a big possibility that we could lose both of them unless we switch on quicker and get a firm hold of the game. This is the Championship not League One!!.
.
The point is we must get hold of the game earlier as Mr Elphick has been stating clealy in his recent Echo headlines, if you care to read them.
.
This yet another classic case of you not reading the post properly or
mis-interpretating it or taking it out of context as per normal.
.
However, seeing it is the season of goodwill - Merry xmas to you.
.
Regards
Can't you see it's the manner of your posts that rankles? The 'if you care to re-read my post' pompous attitude that we don't understand your comments, merely because we don't agree with everything you say?
From now on I won't read them at all because life's too short for your egotistical ramblings. Merry Christmas and UP THE CHERRIES!
[quote][p][bold]smhinto[/bold] wrote: Dear Mr Alaisdair167 . In response to your reply to my post yesteday. . My post after the Birmingham game had nothing to do whatsoever with an - I told you so - attitude.. . If you care to re-read that post It clearly refers to the fact that once we had conceded first there was no way back of which seems to be a general trend at the moment. We seem to struggle when conceding first that is the point I was trying to make i.e. with my - Here we go again - comment. . My point still stands i.e. if we fall being against Yeovl and Ipswich there is a big possibility that we could lose both of them unless we switch on quicker and get a firm hold of the game. This is the Championship not League One!!. . The point is we must get hold of the game earlier as Mr Elphick has been stating clealy in his recent Echo headlines, if you care to read them. . This yet another classic case of you not reading the post properly or mis-interpretating it or taking it out of context as per normal. . However, seeing it is the season of goodwill - Merry xmas to you. . Regards[/p][/quote]Can't you see it's the manner of your posts that rankles? The 'if you care to re-read my post' pompous attitude that we don't understand your comments, merely because we don't agree with everything you say? From now on I won't read them at all because life's too short for your egotistical ramblings. Merry Christmas and UP THE CHERRIES! galadriel

8:20am Wed 25 Dec 13

TedMacsCherryPants says...

Well here it is Merry Xmas, as they say!
Hope all Cherries have a fantastic day and fuel their reserves to cheer on the boys tomorrow!!!

Smhinto, hope you woke up with a "big man" up front this morning... chortle... chortle!
Regards
UTCIAD
Well here it is Merry Xmas, as they say! Hope all Cherries have a fantastic day and fuel their reserves to cheer on the boys tomorrow!!! Smhinto, hope you woke up with a "big man" up front this morning... chortle... chortle! Regards UTCIAD TedMacsCherryPants

9:17am Wed 25 Dec 13

nonnogeppetto says...

TedMacsCherryPants wrote:
Well here it is Merry Xmas, as they say!
Hope all Cherries have a fantastic day and fuel their reserves to cheer on the boys tomorrow!!!

Smhinto, hope you woke up with a "big man" up front this morning... chortle... chortle!
Regards
UTCIAD
Merry Christmas to you too bigpants!!!!! sorry I didn't read your username correctly TeMacCherryPants!!!!

If shminto does indeed wake up with a 'big man' up front he will stuff the Bird before he roasts it!!

Come on you redsssssssssssss
[quote][p][bold]TedMacsCherryPants[/bold] wrote: Well here it is Merry Xmas, as they say! Hope all Cherries have a fantastic day and fuel their reserves to cheer on the boys tomorrow!!! Smhinto, hope you woke up with a "big man" up front this morning... chortle... chortle! Regards UTCIAD[/p][/quote]Merry Christmas to you too bigpants!!!!! sorry I didn't read your username correctly TeMacCherryPants!!!! If shminto does indeed wake up with a 'big man' up front he will stuff the Bird before he roasts it!! Come on you redsssssssssssss nonnogeppetto

11:37am Wed 25 Dec 13

TedMacsCherryPants says...

^
LOL Merry Xmas Nonno in true "pant"o style, chuckle, chuckle
^ LOL Merry Xmas Nonno in true "pant"o style, chuckle, chuckle TedMacsCherryPants

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree