THE death of someone in tragic and unexpected circumstances as they simply go about their every day life is invariably shocking.
Yesterday, Bournemouth Coroner’s Court heard of two such cases, one after the other and remarkably similar. David Atkins died after choking on a piece of sausage as he walked down the street.
He was just 46. Louise Amey’s life ended days after she choked on a pickled onion at home with her partner. She was 47. These two very sad cases show just how gossamer thin the difference between life and death can be. There but for the Grace of God go any one of us.