When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
Recycling centre on Nuffield Road in Poole closed following gas leak
10:29am Tuesday 7th August 2012 in Poole
POOLE’S household waste recycling centre was evacuated yesterday following a gas leak.
The site remained closed for around three hours following the damage to a gas main, sustained during building works at the new centre on Nuffield Road.
Borough of Poole waste management officer David Rickards explained: “A small gas leak was discovered during building works at the new Household Waste Recycling Centre on Nuffield Road.
“Part of Nuffield Road was closed and the site evacuated as a precaution.
“There was no effect on council services and the site has been fully operational since 4.45pm.”
A Southern Gas Networks spokesman confirmed they were called at 3pm.