When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
Murder probe: victim Jevgenij Pichuiliov died from brain haemorrhage
A MAN who died after being found injured in a stairwell in Bournemouth has been named.
He is 32-year-old Jevgenij Pisciuliov, a Lithuanian national living in Poole.
Mr Pisciuliov was discovered in the communal area of flats in the centre of Westbourne on Saturday, sparking a murder investigation by Dorset Police .
He later died of head and chest injuries at Southampton Hospital.
An inquest was opened and adjourned in Bournemouth yesterday and the cause of his death was given as subdural haemorrhage.
Mr Pisciuliov was identified through fingerprints.
Police are continuing to question a 37-year-old Bournemouth man on suspicion of murder and the property in Poole Road remained cordoned off at the entrance behind the shops yesterday.
The community of Westbourne is still coming to terms with the death at the flats above the Arrowedge Retail Chemists.
Amanda Wheatley, a technician at the chemists, now believes she heard the moment Mr Pisciuliov suffered fatal injuries on Saturday.
“I heard a bang,” she said.
“It was like a sudden crash and it shook me up.
“I said to a customer, ‘I think the ceiling is going to fall in’.
“We didn’t know it was somebody being hurt as I thought it was someone moving furniture aro-und or something.”
Amanda was still in the chemist when a neighbour called out that a man had fallen down the stairs and asked them to call an ambulance.
“I said to the man who came down, ‘It’s best you speak to the ambulance’ and then he spoke to them on the phone.”
The owner of the chemist and the two flats, Ullas Patel, was also at work at the chemists on Saturday.
He said Mr Pisciuliov did not live at the flats.
“The man upstairs had two or three visitors there every day,” he added.
Mr Patel told how he responded to the call for help and found the victim with his head against a skirting board.
He said his legs were on a small two-step flight of stairs on the first floor.
Mr Patel could hear the victim breathing but was frightened to move him into a more comfortable position for fear of causing further injury.