Plans for a new Tesco in Kinson have stalled after the Civic Society start further talks (From Bournemouth Echo)
When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
Plans for a new Tesco in Kinson have stalled after the Civic Society start further talks
2:00pm Monday 20th August 2012 in News
THE latest plans for a Tesco at Kinson should be put on hold for further talks, a group says.
Bournemouth Civic Society says the plans for the shopping parade near the Royal Oak pub would provide ‘considerable benefit’ for Kinson’s shopping centre. But in comments to Bournemouth council, the society said it did not approve of the ‘asymmetrical treatment of the front display windows of the new shop units that will be built either side of the existing 19th century shop’. They added: “We think a more sensitive treatment of this architectural feature is necessary.”
Tesco and its developer want to demolish the parade and build anew. An earlier application was initially approved, but the companies could not reach a deal on making a £200,000 payment to the council to mitigate the increase in traffic and road damage.
Permission was refused in April when the deadline expired. One tenant in the parade, greengrocer Malcolm Townsend, has a lease until November, 2013 and has so far rejected a buyout.