Homeless man slept in disabled loo

A HOMELESS man was sleeping in a disabled toilet at Boscombe bus station.

The man in his 30s, was using a radar key to open the toilet and staying there overnight.

PC Carmel Ryan from Boscombe police said officers had become aware of the issue over the last few months.

She said: “We didn’t want to criminalise somebody sleeping rough, we try and work with them and street services.

“But there was also the fact disabled people couldn’t use the toilet and we were also getting complaints because he was sitting outside neighbouring properties and begging.

“He wasn’t registered disabled.”

Police recently ordered him to leave the area for 24 hours because he had been drinking but he returned and was arrested and officers were able to take the radar key off him.

Stuart Best, the council’s street services manager, said: “The council’s disabled toilets are checked on a daily basis.

“Anyone found sleeping in a disabled toilet will be requested to move on.”

Comments (41)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

2:56pm Fri 20 Jul 12

HRH of Boscombe says...

Polish builders moved into a block in Hackney a few years back. 20p a night's not bad considering it was brand new. .
.
http://www.metro.co.
uk/news/47809-toilet
-thats-a-20p-a-night
-hotel
Polish builders moved into a block in Hackney a few years back. 20p a night's not bad considering it was brand new. . . http://www.metro.co. uk/news/47809-toilet -thats-a-20p-a-night -hotel HRH of Boscombe

3:16pm Fri 20 Jul 12

Cmdr Kryll says...

This is common knowledge, radar keys are easy to get a hold of, should be a story about how to prevent it not about it happening.
This is common knowledge, radar keys are easy to get a hold of, should be a story about how to prevent it not about it happening. Cmdr Kryll

3:24pm Fri 20 Jul 12

singlemum1987 says...

I feel sorry for this man, who had no where to stay where he felt safe, he had to use the toilet to stay warm.

How many of you have seen a public loo, would you really want to sleep in the nasty smelling place? (last time i used the loo, was in parkstone, and when i flushed the loo it all ran out onto the floor)

I dont see why he got arrested. he should be found somewhere to stay not be locked up and pushed away.

Shame on the police and council!

Before you say it, i dnt have much money, however if i see a homeless person, i normally buy them something to eat, and there animal if with them too!

Id rather feed them than give them money, because at least i no what they are doing with it, insted of saving up to buy some drugs ect.

If you see someone homeless, insted of walk past, why not help them in some way, even buy them a drink for £1, whats £1 to you, but to them a drink will mean everything!
I feel sorry for this man, who had no where to stay where he felt safe, he had to use the toilet to stay warm. How many of you have seen a public loo, would you really want to sleep in the nasty smelling place? (last time i used the loo, was in parkstone, and when i flushed the loo it all ran out onto the floor) I dont see why he got arrested. he should be found somewhere to stay not be locked up and pushed away. Shame on the police and council! Before you say it, i dnt have much money, however if i see a homeless person, i normally buy them something to eat, and there animal if with them too! Id rather feed them than give them money, because at least i no what they are doing with it, insted of saving up to buy some drugs ect. If you see someone homeless, insted of walk past, why not help them in some way, even buy them a drink for £1, whats £1 to you, but to them a drink will mean everything! singlemum1987

3:31pm Fri 20 Jul 12

jeebuscripes says...

Does it matter that it was a disabled toilet?

The issue here, I think, is that in our civilised western society, someone's last resort for comfort is to have sleep in a toilet.
Does it matter that it was a disabled toilet? The issue here, I think, is that in our civilised western society, someone's last resort for comfort is to have sleep in a toilet. jeebuscripes

3:42pm Fri 20 Jul 12

mysticalshoelace says...

It says a lot about our society that so many people are homeless and sleeping rough. It shouldn't happen.
It says a lot about our society that so many people are homeless and sleeping rough. It shouldn't happen. mysticalshoelace

3:44pm Fri 20 Jul 12

puglove says...

How awful, the poor guy! I feel very sorry for him that a skanky toilet is the best place he can find to sleep! The homeless need more help
How awful, the poor guy! I feel very sorry for him that a skanky toilet is the best place he can find to sleep! The homeless need more help puglove

4:00pm Fri 20 Jul 12

KLH says...

Remember the guy who lived in the lower gardens toilets and didn't he even get his post there?
Remember the guy who lived in the lower gardens toilets and didn't he even get his post there? KLH

4:03pm Fri 20 Jul 12

KLH says...

I'm actually more concerned for anyone who is disabled and officially has a radar key, yet they can't use the toilet due to someone deciding to sleep there.
I'm actually more concerned for anyone who is disabled and officially has a radar key, yet they can't use the toilet due to someone deciding to sleep there. KLH

4:07pm Fri 20 Jul 12

Mr N James says...

Come on think about ,Great location compact living with EN-SUITE.
Come on think about ,Great location compact living with EN-SUITE. Mr N James

4:09pm Fri 20 Jul 12

pete woodley says...

Thank you KLH,for mentioning the obvious,a disabled toilet,is for the disabled not as free bed for the night./s
Thank you KLH,for mentioning the obvious,a disabled toilet,is for the disabled not as free bed for the night./s pete woodley

4:12pm Fri 20 Jul 12

puglove says...

KLH wrote:
I'm actually more concerned for anyone who is disabled and officially has a radar key, yet they can't use the toilet due to someone deciding to sleep there.
Bet you sleep in a nice cosey bed at night
[quote][p][bold]KLH[/bold] wrote: I'm actually more concerned for anyone who is disabled and officially has a radar key, yet they can't use the toilet due to someone deciding to sleep there.[/p][/quote]Bet you sleep in a nice cosey bed at night puglove

4:22pm Fri 20 Jul 12

jeebuscripes says...

pete woodley wrote:
Thank you KLH,for mentioning the obvious,a disabled toilet,is for the disabled not as free bed for the night./s
A free bed for the night? Is that really how would describe the place?

Things are bad when someone is sleeping where people defecate.

Have some humanity.
[quote][p][bold]pete woodley[/bold] wrote: Thank you KLH,for mentioning the obvious,a disabled toilet,is for the disabled not as free bed for the night./s[/p][/quote]A free bed for the night? Is that really how would describe the place? Things are bad when someone is sleeping where people defecate. Have some humanity. jeebuscripes

4:34pm Fri 20 Jul 12

BIGTONE says...

puglove wrote:
How awful, the poor guy! I feel very sorry for him that a skanky toilet is the best place he can find to sleep! The homeless need more help
Be aware that some do choose to sleep rough even when they are offered a bed for the night.
[quote][p][bold]puglove[/bold] wrote: How awful, the poor guy! I feel very sorry for him that a skanky toilet is the best place he can find to sleep! The homeless need more help[/p][/quote]Be aware that some do choose to sleep rough even when they are offered a bed for the night. BIGTONE

5:20pm Fri 20 Jul 12

KLH says...

Very true BigTone, know of a few people like this. This guy probably doesn't give a monkeys who he inconveniences (no pun intended!) Sometimes homelessness is a lifestyle choice, I know a couple who this applies to. And the disabled loo isn't necessary a skanky place to them because they've got nowhere else, it is more than likely a cushy little number if they've managed to wrangle a radar key off someone. Before people feel sorry for this chap look at the wider picture.
Very true BigTone, know of a few people like this. This guy probably doesn't give a monkeys who he inconveniences (no pun intended!) Sometimes homelessness is a lifestyle choice, I know a couple who this applies to. And the disabled loo isn't necessary a skanky place to them because they've got nowhere else, it is more than likely a cushy little number if they've managed to wrangle a radar key off someone. Before people feel sorry for this chap look at the wider picture. KLH

5:39pm Fri 20 Jul 12

fletch for manager says...

Slow news day yet again..
Slow news day yet again.. fletch for manager

6:24pm Fri 20 Jul 12

Azphreal says...

I have a disabled child and i suppose looking at the 'poor man' posts i should let her soil herself so he could stay in there?
I have a disabled child and i suppose looking at the 'poor man' posts i should let her soil herself so he could stay in there? Azphreal

7:02pm Fri 20 Jul 12

spooki says...

Why is a man in his 30's homeless? Where did he get the Radar key from? My mum had to pay for hers as the disabled loos near us were locked due to people 'misusing' them. Why should a registered disabled person not be able to use a toilet because there's some bloke sleeping in it? Why is this even news?
Why is a man in his 30's homeless? Where did he get the Radar key from? My mum had to pay for hers as the disabled loos near us were locked due to people 'misusing' them. Why should a registered disabled person not be able to use a toilet because there's some bloke sleeping in it? Why is this even news? spooki

7:03pm Fri 20 Jul 12

BmthNewshound says...

Azphreal wrote:
I have a disabled child and i suppose looking at the 'poor man' posts i should let her soil herself so he could stay in there?
Presumably he only uses the toilet at night and as a last resort. At least he's safe in there and probably able to get some sleep rather than being assaulted or moved on.
.
I wouldn't have thought that many disabled people hang around Boscombe bus station at night.
.
Its a very sad reflection on our society that in 21st century people are having to live like this.
[quote][p][bold]Azphreal[/bold] wrote: I have a disabled child and i suppose looking at the 'poor man' posts i should let her soil herself so he could stay in there?[/p][/quote]Presumably he only uses the toilet at night and as a last resort. At least he's safe in there and probably able to get some sleep rather than being assaulted or moved on. . I wouldn't have thought that many disabled people hang around Boscombe bus station at night. . Its a very sad reflection on our society that in 21st century people are having to live like this. BmthNewshound

9:06pm Fri 20 Jul 12

rotcoddam says...

Some time ago I complained to Bourneouth council about the toilets being closed early evening on the seafront. The answer was they had to close them due to vagrants sleeping in them.

I never got an answer to my enquiery as to if they thought a good image of a prosperous town in the 21st century was all they could do for those who where reduced to sleeping in toilets was to lock the toilets.

This si a town which can find money to dump bags of sand in the sea, purchase back leases from failed businesses (rather than make them honour the lease) spend money on airshows, and all the other grandiose schemes this shambles of a council come up with.

Yet we cannot provide shelter for a few homeless people.
Some time ago I complained to Bourneouth council about the toilets being closed early evening on the seafront. The answer was they had to close them due to vagrants sleeping in them. I never got an answer to my enquiery as to if they thought a good image of a prosperous town in the 21st century was all they could do for those who where reduced to sleeping in toilets was to lock the toilets. This si a town which can find money to dump bags of sand in the sea, purchase back leases from failed businesses (rather than make them honour the lease) spend money on airshows, and all the other grandiose schemes this shambles of a council come up with. Yet we cannot provide shelter for a few homeless people. rotcoddam

9:40pm Fri 20 Jul 12

KLH says...

I know of a bloke who gave up his accommodation as he preferred the streets.

Providing shelter for homeless people, Bournemouth has places for these people, but if they do not want to take advantage then that's their problem, don't feel sorry for them. And there are those who do not want to abide by a few simple rules when they are in such shelters and end up back on the streets.

Think of it another way. For those who you give money to, firstly it will probably buy drugs, drugs that could be the final fix and kill the person, and secondly, a lot of these people just laugh at you anyway if you give them money, they think you are daft. a small percentage are actually grateful.

If they asked you in the street if you could spare some money for drugs or beer you probably wouldn't give it, would you? Yet most likely this is what they buy with your money, while laughing at you in the process. Give them nowt!!
I know of a bloke who gave up his accommodation as he preferred the streets. Providing shelter for homeless people, Bournemouth has places for these people, but if they do not want to take advantage then that's their problem, don't feel sorry for them. And there are those who do not want to abide by a few simple rules when they are in such shelters and end up back on the streets. Think of it another way. For those who you give money to, firstly it will probably buy drugs, drugs that could be the final fix and kill the person, and secondly, a lot of these people just laugh at you anyway if you give them money, they think you are daft. a small percentage are actually grateful. If they asked you in the street if you could spare some money for drugs or beer you probably wouldn't give it, would you? Yet most likely this is what they buy with your money, while laughing at you in the process. Give them nowt!! KLH

9:41pm Fri 20 Jul 12

motsie says...

The reason we have so many homeless is because we allowed people to borrow more than they could afford to buy a home. This made houses cost more than they were worth so accommodation became expensive. We are maintaining this with £25 billion of rent rebate subsidies, which will increase to at least £60+ billion by 2015. Where do you think the money is coming from?
The reason we have so many homeless is because we allowed people to borrow more than they could afford to buy a home. This made houses cost more than they were worth so accommodation became expensive. We are maintaining this with £25 billion of rent rebate subsidies, which will increase to at least £60+ billion by 2015. Where do you think the money is coming from? motsie

11:14pm Fri 20 Jul 12

Vocalise says...

I feel sorry for this man, who had no where to stay where he felt safe, he had to use the toilet to stay warm.

How many of you have seen a public loo, would you really want to sleep in the nasty smelling place? (last time i used the loo, was in parkstone, and when i flushed the loo it all ran out onto the floor)

I dont see why he got arrested. he should be found somewhere to stay not be locked up and pushed away.

Shame on the police and council!

Before you say it, i dnt have much money, however if i see a homeless person, i normally buy them something to eat, and there animal if with them too!

Id rather feed them than give them money, because at least i no what they are doing with it, insted of saving up to buy some drugs ect.

If you see someone homeless, insted of walk past, why not help them in some way, even buy them a drink for £1, whats £1 to you, but to them a drink will mean everything!”

Are you joking single mum - how many are genuinely homeless? I cannot afford to smoke or drink but often see them doing both which as an employed person I probably pay for. I have had hard times but have always maanged to keep a roof over my head and I agree with many comments on here saying this if often their choice, yes a few have issues but the state is there to help, and don't get me started on having an animal - how can they afford to have one on 'donations'??
I feel sorry for this man, who had no where to stay where he felt safe, he had to use the toilet to stay warm. How many of you have seen a public loo, would you really want to sleep in the nasty smelling place? (last time i used the loo, was in parkstone, and when i flushed the loo it all ran out onto the floor) I dont see why he got arrested. he should be found somewhere to stay not be locked up and pushed away. Shame on the police and council! Before you say it, i dnt have much money, however if i see a homeless person, i normally buy them something to eat, and there animal if with them too! Id rather feed them than give them money, because at least i no what they are doing with it, insted of saving up to buy some drugs ect. If you see someone homeless, insted of walk past, why not help them in some way, even buy them a drink for £1, whats £1 to you, but to them a drink will mean everything!” Are you joking single mum - how many are genuinely homeless? I cannot afford to smoke or drink but often see them doing both which as an employed person I probably pay for. I have had hard times but have always maanged to keep a roof over my head and I agree with many comments on here saying this if often their choice, yes a few have issues but the state is there to help, and don't get me started on having an animal - how can they afford to have one on 'donations'?? Vocalise

12:16am Sat 21 Jul 12

O'Reilly says...

The scumbag some people are describing is probably an ex- veteran of corporate wars...HELLO!!!!!
The scumbag some people are describing is probably an ex- veteran of corporate wars...HELLO!!!!! O'Reilly

5:58am Sat 21 Jul 12

ShuttleX says...

Without knowing the man involved I really can't comment on his circumstances. However, I do know of three people who have lost their bedsits because of the new rules brought in by the Council. Giving a drunk/druggie a few hundred pounds cash each month, then telling them to go and pay their rent was alway a daft idea. Some of these people would rob their grandmother of her pension to get their next "fix" yet the Council expects them to walk round to Wells Office and hand over a bundle of £20 notes? May be the Echo could actually find out how many people have become homeless because of this? I don't mean phone up your mate in the Council, then print everything he says, I mean get out and ask questions, like reporters used to do. My better half is disabled and we have come across people sleeping in toilets for years. The one at Southbourne Crossroads is always being used. I know what will happen over this. Instead of the Council doing their job, they will just lock all the disabled toilets up at night, so nobody can use them. The homeless will still sleep rough, but once again the general public get screwed.
Without knowing the man involved I really can't comment on his circumstances. However, I do know of three people who have lost their bedsits because of the new rules brought in by the Council. Giving a drunk/druggie a few hundred pounds cash each month, then telling them to go and pay their rent was alway a daft idea. Some of these people would rob their grandmother of her pension to get their next "fix" yet the Council expects them to walk round to Wells Office and hand over a bundle of £20 notes? May be the Echo could actually find out how many people have become homeless because of this? I don't mean phone up your mate in the Council, then print everything he says, I mean get out and ask questions, like reporters used to do. My better half is disabled and we have come across people sleeping in toilets for years. The one at Southbourne Crossroads is always being used. I know what will happen over this. Instead of the Council doing their job, they will just lock all the disabled toilets up at night, so nobody can use them. The homeless will still sleep rough, but once again the general public get screwed. ShuttleX

12:21pm Sat 21 Jul 12

raynad says...

O'Reilly wrote:
The scumbag some people are describing is probably an ex- veteran of corporate wars...HELLO!!!!!
Or he might be a illegal who has traveled most of Europe committing crimes where ever he went so do not start shouting HELLO unless you know the facts and not just speculating to get some anti war point across!
[quote][p][bold]O'Reilly[/bold] wrote: The scumbag some people are describing is probably an ex- veteran of corporate wars...HELLO!!!!![/p][/quote]Or he might be a illegal who has traveled most of Europe committing crimes where ever he went so do not start shouting HELLO unless you know the facts and not just speculating to get some anti war point across! raynad

1:32pm Sat 21 Jul 12

Huey says...

Use a night shelter, not a toilet.
Stop begging use what help is out there get your act together and get off the streets.
My cousin used to be homeless, he was smoking crack - lost his job - didn't pay his bills. He couldn't be around family or friends at the time due to his habits and behaviour.
It was the wakeup call he needed and now 12 years on he hasn't relapsed or had a day out of employment.
Use a night shelter, not a toilet. Stop begging use what help is out there get your act together and get off the streets. My cousin used to be homeless, he was smoking crack - lost his job - didn't pay his bills. He couldn't be around family or friends at the time due to his habits and behaviour. It was the wakeup call he needed and now 12 years on he hasn't relapsed or had a day out of employment. Huey

1:41pm Sat 21 Jul 12

portia6 says...

The travelers must have spare rooms
in their motor homes!
The travelers must have spare rooms in their motor homes! portia6

12:37pm Sun 22 Jul 12

stevobath says...

Huey wrote:
Use a night shelter, not a toilet.
Stop begging use what help is out there get your act together and get off the streets.
My cousin used to be homeless, he was smoking crack - lost his job - didn't pay his bills. He couldn't be around family or friends at the time due to his habits and behaviour.
It was the wakeup call he needed and now 12 years on he hasn't relapsed or had a day out of employment.
Ever tried the night shelter? Limited amount of beds for starters.
As for your cousin,great,but this simplistic attitude that you seem to think solves everyones problems, doesnt exist.
Everyones different with problems ranging from mental health issues to addictions.
Im sorry but you come across as very naive.Ever lived in the real World?
[quote][p][bold]Huey[/bold] wrote: Use a night shelter, not a toilet. Stop begging use what help is out there get your act together and get off the streets. My cousin used to be homeless, he was smoking crack - lost his job - didn't pay his bills. He couldn't be around family or friends at the time due to his habits and behaviour. It was the wakeup call he needed and now 12 years on he hasn't relapsed or had a day out of employment.[/p][/quote]Ever tried the night shelter? Limited amount of beds for starters. As for your cousin,great,but this simplistic attitude that you seem to think solves everyones problems, doesnt exist. Everyones different with problems ranging from mental health issues to addictions. Im sorry but you come across as very naive.Ever lived in the real World? stevobath

4:45pm Sun 22 Jul 12

pete woodley says...

I am now waiting for the Echo feature writers to bring out a good loo guide.
I am now waiting for the Echo feature writers to bring out a good loo guide. pete woodley

5:41pm Sun 22 Jul 12

chrspeters says...

I just fail to comprehend how this so minor story ever got into the Echo.

To my mind, the biggest report was that he had a ‘radar’ key. I had never heard of such before, so where did he get it?

The report goes on to say, “PC Carmel Ryan from Boscombe police said officers had become aware of the issue over the last few months!”

So why did they not do anything about it then and take the key away from him or the council do far more regular late night checks?

Then they went on to say, ““But there was also the fact disabled people couldn’t use the toilet and we were also getting complaints because he was sitting outside neighbouring properties and begging. He wasn’t registered disabled.”

This is all very astounding to me. I don’t know where to first begin. If the said gentleman was causing an earlier nuisance to neighbours by begging (no mention of any alcohol), then why did the police not move him on and arrest him if he returned. He would have enjoyed a very comfortable warm night in a cell. Far better than a cold damp toilet.

Then the added fact that ‘disabled people couldn’t use the toilet!’ It is without doubt that the perpetrator entered the said place very late at night or early following morning.

When I might ask, would any disabled person be travelling around then?

Then they went on to say, “He wasn’t registered disabled.”

If he had of been a real disabled person that collapsed or even died on that toilet floor – there would have been a far greater story saying, ‘Why are these disabled toilets not checked more often?”

Also, if he had of been a registered disabled homeless guy, would that have made a big difference if he was found (even drunk), sleeping in a disabled toilet?

At first, this whole story is ridiculous to make the local newspaper. If found doing so, he should have been just been moved on and given a warning (plus taking that key away from him).

To my mind, I do not blame that guy one bit for taking his chances. Instead I blame the police and the council for not being more vigilant with their twenty-four hour security.

Stuart Best, the council’s street services manager, said: “The council’s disabled toilets are checked on a daily basis.”

Well that might be so, but what about a twenty-four hour basis?

It so obviously did not occur in this case, nor perhaps anywhere else.
I just fail to comprehend how this so minor story ever got into the Echo. To my mind, the biggest report was that he had a ‘radar’ key. I had never heard of such before, so where did he get it? The report goes on to say, “PC Carmel Ryan from Boscombe police said officers had become aware of the issue over the last few months!” So why did they not do anything about it then and take the key away from him or the council do far more regular late night checks? Then they went on to say, ““But there was also the fact disabled people couldn’t use the toilet and we were also getting complaints because he was sitting outside neighbouring properties and begging. He wasn’t registered disabled.” This is all very astounding to me. I don’t know where to first begin. If the said gentleman was causing an earlier nuisance to neighbours by begging (no mention of any alcohol), then why did the police not move him on and arrest him if he returned. He would have enjoyed a very comfortable warm night in a cell. Far better than a cold damp toilet. Then the added fact that ‘disabled people couldn’t use the toilet!’ It is without doubt that the perpetrator entered the said place very late at night or early following morning. When I might ask, would any disabled person be travelling around then? Then they went on to say, “He wasn’t registered disabled.” If he had of been a real disabled person that collapsed or even died on that toilet floor – there would have been a far greater story saying, ‘Why are these disabled toilets not checked more often?” Also, if he had of been a registered disabled homeless guy, would that have made a big difference if he was found (even drunk), sleeping in a disabled toilet? At first, this whole story is ridiculous to make the local newspaper. If found doing so, he should have been just been moved on and given a warning (plus taking that key away from him). To my mind, I do not blame that guy one bit for taking his chances. Instead I blame the police and the council for not being more vigilant with their twenty-four hour security. Stuart Best, the council’s street services manager, said: “The council’s disabled toilets are checked on a daily basis.” Well that might be so, but what about a twenty-four hour basis? It so obviously did not occur in this case, nor perhaps anywhere else. chrspeters

7:18pm Sun 22 Jul 12

Ocd1980 says...

Not 1 person asking who this man is or if they can help him, more concern over 1 toilet being occupied for a nights sleep, this shows how people are numb to anything that doesn't affect them, Thats news!
Not 1 person asking who this man is or if they can help him, more concern over 1 toilet being occupied for a nights sleep, this shows how people are numb to anything that doesn't affect them, Thats news! Ocd1980

9:42am Mon 23 Jul 12

pete woodley says...

Many years ago, an old school friend died of hypothermia,and was found on a bench in the "pleasure" gardens,he had been a long time regular in the RAF and also had held a good position with BBC.TV.I did not realise this for many years,and was shocked when i did meet up with his two sons.I mention this in reply to ocd 1980.
Many years ago, an old school friend died of hypothermia,and was found on a bench in the "pleasure" gardens,he had been a long time regular in the RAF and also had held a good position with BBC.TV.I did not realise this for many years,and was shocked when i did meet up with his two sons.I mention this in reply to ocd 1980. pete woodley

11:43am Tue 24 Jul 12

casla says...

Ocd1980 wrote:
Not 1 person asking who this man is or if they can help him, more concern over 1 toilet being occupied for a nights sleep, this shows how people are numb to anything that doesn't affect them, Thats news!
anyone can get a radar key, it is not only for the disabled, it is only a case of apply and paying for it. the fact he has been caught sleeping there, hung drawn and quartered by some echo readers only goes to highlight the biggest (imho) problems inherent in society, ignorance and intolerance. radar keys are for all who have *problems* with the toilet. often something that is not qualifying of disabled status.
the dodgy laws making vagrancy a criminal offence brought into force in 1824 was to criminalise the migrant workers from Ireland and Scotland, an 19th century law for a 19th century problem, trollied out in the 21st century to bring back good victorian values, class system, inhuman living and working conditions, work houses and slavery.
[quote][p][bold]Ocd1980[/bold] wrote: Not 1 person asking who this man is or if they can help him, more concern over 1 toilet being occupied for a nights sleep, this shows how people are numb to anything that doesn't affect them, Thats news![/p][/quote]anyone can get a radar key, it is not only for the disabled, it is only a case of apply and paying for it. the fact he has been caught sleeping there, hung drawn and quartered by some echo readers only goes to highlight the biggest (imho) problems inherent in society, ignorance and intolerance. radar keys are for all who have *problems* with the toilet. often something that is not qualifying of disabled status. the dodgy laws making vagrancy a criminal offence brought into force in 1824 was to criminalise the migrant workers from Ireland and Scotland, an 19th century law for a 19th century problem, trollied out in the 21st century to bring back good victorian values, class system, inhuman living and working conditions, work houses and slavery. casla

2:20pm Tue 24 Jul 12

stevobath says...

casla wrote:
Ocd1980 wrote:
Not 1 person asking who this man is or if they can help him, more concern over 1 toilet being occupied for a nights sleep, this shows how people are numb to anything that doesn't affect them, Thats news!
anyone can get a radar key, it is not only for the disabled, it is only a case of apply and paying for it. the fact he has been caught sleeping there, hung drawn and quartered by some echo readers only goes to highlight the biggest (imho) problems inherent in society, ignorance and intolerance. radar keys are for all who have *problems* with the toilet. often something that is not qualifying of disabled status.
the dodgy laws making vagrancy a criminal offence brought into force in 1824 was to criminalise the migrant workers from Ireland and Scotland, an 19th century law for a 19th century problem, trollied out in the 21st century to bring back good victorian values, class system, inhuman living and working conditions, work houses and slavery.
So true.This Govt & the 'sheeple' that post their vitriol on here would love a modern day workhouse.Would then make the criminally rich & influentual within the GOvt even more money.They could put it out to tender so one of their old School Buddies can make a few quid..I hate this Govt & the attitudes of more & more 'sheeple' who are believing all the tripe theyre being fed.
[quote][p][bold]casla[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ocd1980[/bold] wrote: Not 1 person asking who this man is or if they can help him, more concern over 1 toilet being occupied for a nights sleep, this shows how people are numb to anything that doesn't affect them, Thats news![/p][/quote]anyone can get a radar key, it is not only for the disabled, it is only a case of apply and paying for it. the fact he has been caught sleeping there, hung drawn and quartered by some echo readers only goes to highlight the biggest (imho) problems inherent in society, ignorance and intolerance. radar keys are for all who have *problems* with the toilet. often something that is not qualifying of disabled status. the dodgy laws making vagrancy a criminal offence brought into force in 1824 was to criminalise the migrant workers from Ireland and Scotland, an 19th century law for a 19th century problem, trollied out in the 21st century to bring back good victorian values, class system, inhuman living and working conditions, work houses and slavery.[/p][/quote]So true.This Govt & the 'sheeple' that post their vitriol on here would love a modern day workhouse.Would then make the criminally rich & influentual within the GOvt even more money.They could put it out to tender so one of their old School Buddies can make a few quid..I hate this Govt & the attitudes of more & more 'sheeple' who are believing all the tripe theyre being fed. stevobath

3:17pm Tue 24 Jul 12

Victor_Meldrew_Lives! says...

stevobath wrote:
casla wrote:
Ocd1980 wrote:
Not 1 person asking who this man is or if they can help him, more concern over 1 toilet being occupied for a nights sleep, this shows how people are numb to anything that doesn't affect them, Thats news!
anyone can get a radar key, it is not only for the disabled, it is only a case of apply and paying for it. the fact he has been caught sleeping there, hung drawn and quartered by some echo readers only goes to highlight the biggest (imho) problems inherent in society, ignorance and intolerance. radar keys are for all who have *problems* with the toilet. often something that is not qualifying of disabled status.
the dodgy laws making vagrancy a criminal offence brought into force in 1824 was to criminalise the migrant workers from Ireland and Scotland, an 19th century law for a 19th century problem, trollied out in the 21st century to bring back good victorian values, class system, inhuman living and working conditions, work houses and slavery.
So true.This Govt & the 'sheeple' that post their vitriol on here would love a modern day workhouse.Would then make the criminally rich & influentual within the GOvt even more money.They could put it out to tender so one of their old School Buddies can make a few quid..I hate this Govt & the attitudes of more & more 'sheeple' who are believing all the tripe theyre being fed.
I hate the Labour Party. They always ruin the country for someone else to clear up and be the bad guys.
[quote][p][bold]stevobath[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]casla[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ocd1980[/bold] wrote: Not 1 person asking who this man is or if they can help him, more concern over 1 toilet being occupied for a nights sleep, this shows how people are numb to anything that doesn't affect them, Thats news![/p][/quote]anyone can get a radar key, it is not only for the disabled, it is only a case of apply and paying for it. the fact he has been caught sleeping there, hung drawn and quartered by some echo readers only goes to highlight the biggest (imho) problems inherent in society, ignorance and intolerance. radar keys are for all who have *problems* with the toilet. often something that is not qualifying of disabled status. the dodgy laws making vagrancy a criminal offence brought into force in 1824 was to criminalise the migrant workers from Ireland and Scotland, an 19th century law for a 19th century problem, trollied out in the 21st century to bring back good victorian values, class system, inhuman living and working conditions, work houses and slavery.[/p][/quote]So true.This Govt & the 'sheeple' that post their vitriol on here would love a modern day workhouse.Would then make the criminally rich & influentual within the GOvt even more money.They could put it out to tender so one of their old School Buddies can make a few quid..I hate this Govt & the attitudes of more & more 'sheeple' who are believing all the tripe theyre being fed.[/p][/quote]I hate the Labour Party. They always ruin the country for someone else to clear up and be the bad guys. Victor_Meldrew_Lives!

3:34pm Tue 24 Jul 12

grazzer says...

As this toilet was disabled no one could have used it anway,so what exactly is the problem?
As this toilet was disabled no one could have used it anway,so what exactly is the problem? grazzer

3:41pm Tue 24 Jul 12

Victor_Meldrew_Lives! says...

You can't beat a dump in a disabled toilet, so much more privacy and normally cleaner due to less usage.
You can't beat a dump in a disabled toilet, so much more privacy and normally cleaner due to less usage. Victor_Meldrew_Lives!

7:03pm Tue 24 Jul 12

Azzer140375 says...

On the bright side, at least he wasn't caught doing a number two in the street :)
On the bright side, at least he wasn't caught doing a number two in the street :) Azzer140375

1:11pm Wed 25 Jul 12

Say-it-how-it-is says...

O'Reilly wrote:
The scumbag some people are describing is probably an ex- veteran of corporate wars...HELLO!!!!!
HELLO HELLO. I really hate when people keeps saying this word HELLO. Your not saying it to greet someone but just to be so annoying.
[quote][p][bold]O'Reilly[/bold] wrote: The scumbag some people are describing is probably an ex- veteran of corporate wars...HELLO!!!!![/p][/quote]HELLO HELLO. I really hate when people keeps saying this word HELLO. Your not saying it to greet someone but just to be so annoying. Say-it-how-it-is

7:54am Thu 26 Jul 12

ashleycross says...

Re, what time the loo was being slept in, I don't know in the case. However, those who drink a lot of alcohol tend to have very irregular sleep patterns, Also, people who are homeless often sleep in the day as there is less chance of being beaten up in daylight and they keep moving at night.
Re, what time the loo was being slept in, I don't know in the case. However, those who drink a lot of alcohol tend to have very irregular sleep patterns, Also, people who are homeless often sleep in the day as there is less chance of being beaten up in daylight and they keep moving at night. ashleycross

10:48pm Thu 26 Jul 12

yummymummyof4 says...

Why sleep in a disabled toilet? If he is that bothered about finding a warm safe place to sleep then go and get the help he needs to get somewhere. As people have said it is so peoples choice to be homeless and if this is the case then sleep in the street where he intended. I do feel sorry for some homeless people like the old man i see in poole town center but the ones that are drunk, have dogs or look off there face on drugs I have absolutley no simpathy for at all and do my best to avoid them as they clearly are on the streets due to there addictions
Why sleep in a disabled toilet? If he is that bothered about finding a warm safe place to sleep then go and get the help he needs to get somewhere. As people have said it is so peoples choice to be homeless and if this is the case then sleep in the street where he intended. I do feel sorry for some homeless people like the old man i see in poole town center but the ones that are drunk, have dogs or look off there face on drugs I have absolutley no simpathy for at all and do my best to avoid them as they clearly are on the streets due to there addictions yummymummyof4

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree