When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
Ask the Echo: What, no comments?
UPDATE: the upgrade was completed faster than expected and as of Saturday 7am everything should be working!
At 6.45pm on Friday, our online admin system is being upgraded.
We're hoping to avoid any Natwest-style disasters, but you will notice that during this time, we won't be posting any new stories and you won't be able to comment on anything on the site.
You won't notice any drastic changes to the site after the upgrade, although there are a couple of new features we're very excited to get our hands on when the new system goes live in a couple of weeks.
Normal service should be resumed by Saturday afternoon, but in the meantime, don't miss the weekend edition of the Echo, featuring the chance to win £24,000 in Spot the Ball and a £300 cash competition.
And if you're still looking for something to read, how about one of these?
- Weekend reading: Prometheus, why your kid's not special and why you should worry about arsenic
- Weekend reading: things that caught our eye this week
- Get fit and cycle to work!
- The Big Em and M Challenge – one step at a time.
- Match Race Girls: Trying to nail down how best to beat our rivals
- HAVE YOUR SAY: Muse launch official Olympic song - what do you think of it?
- Rhys Darby flies into Bournemouth with This Way To Spaceship tour