UPDATED Emily Longley trial: Elliot Turner guilty of murder

Emily Longley

Elliot Tuner

Leigh and Anita Turner

First published in News by

OBSESSED Elliot Turner has been found guilty of murdering his model girlfriend Emily Longley.

Elliot, 20, strangled 17-year-old Emily in his bedroom of the family home in Queenswood Avenue, Queens Park, Bournemouth on May 7 last year.

His parents Leigh and Anita Turner were also found guilty of perverting the course of justice by trying to cover for their son. They destroyed what police say was a confession note from Elliot and removed a jacket from the crime scene.

Former Uplands School pupil Elliot, who admitted to grabbing Emily by the neck during a row but denied killing her, raised his eyebrows, shook his head and swore under his breath as the foreman delivered the verdict at Winchester Crown Court.

He was later seen smiling in the dock as he hugged his parents.


Don't miss Tuesday's Daily Echo: Emily as her parents remember her and a profile of "evil, controlling" Elliot Turner as well as the full story of the case.


Elliot has also been convicted of attempting to pervert the course of justice after entering a guilty plea half way through the trial.

He faces life imprisonment and will be handed a minimum prison term on Tuesday morning by the Honourable Mrs Justice Dobbs.

Leigh and Anita Turner have been released on conditional bail while pre-sentence reports are compiled. The judge warned them that a prison sentence is on the cards.

Emily's parents Mark and Caroline were joined by Emily's sister Hannah, relatives and friends in the public gallery to hear the verdicts.

Elliot, who worked as an assistant underwriter for Rias in Bournemouth and his family's jewellery business in Bournemouth town centre, met Emily while on a double date with mutual friends.

British-born Emily moved to New Zealand when she was nine. She'd travelled to England shortly before her death to live with her grandparents in Southbourne and study for a business diploma at Brockenhurst College.

Speaking outside court, DI Neil Devoto of Dorset Police, said: “We are delighted with the verdict. I would like to pay tribute to the Major Crime Investigation Team managed by DS Gavin Dudfield.

“I would also like to pay tribute to the young witnesses who came forward to give evidence here and stood up for justice and stood up for Emily.

“I would like to thank the wonderful Longley family for their support and patience. I would also like to thank them for their dignity.”

Simon Jones, crown advocate for the CPS, added: “This was a shocking case of domestic violence which resulted in the death of a 17-year-old teenager.

“It was Elliot's jealousy and anger that led him to kill Emily. This wasn't a simply a moment of madness.”

He said: “There has been evidence that, before her death, he said that he would kill Emily, go to prison for it and still come out a millionaire.

“Well today he has been convicted of murder.”

See all our coverage of the trial.

Comments (68)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

5:00pm Mon 21 May 12

Derf says...

From the evidence reported in the echo it would seem there was only ever going to be one verdict.

I hope all 3 find themselves with plenty of time to reflect on their actions
From the evidence reported in the echo it would seem there was only ever going to be one verdict. I hope all 3 find themselves with plenty of time to reflect on their actions Derf
  • Score: 0

5:07pm Mon 21 May 12

spooki says...

One words says it all - GOOD
One words says it all - GOOD spooki
  • Score: 0

5:15pm Mon 21 May 12

dylan0202 says...

ditto the above .. deserves all he gets ..
ditto the above .. deserves all he gets .. dylan0202
  • Score: 0

5:17pm Mon 21 May 12

charlie2004 says...

Let's just hope the judge gives the sentences that are due and that 'life' means life. The right decision on all three of them.
May you now RIP Emily.
Let's just hope the judge gives the sentences that are due and that 'life' means life. The right decision on all three of them. May you now RIP Emily. charlie2004
  • Score: 0

5:18pm Mon 21 May 12

eyeinthesky says...

All I've seen portrayed about the Turners is how arrogant they are and that money can buy anything. They all thought they were above the law and would actually get away with this. Strangely I like the thought of Mr & Mrs Turner sweating it for the next 4 weeks wondering if they're going to jail and which ones and for how long. Might as well wish them a Merry Christmas now while they can still read this.
All I've seen portrayed about the Turners is how arrogant they are and that money can buy anything. They all thought they were above the law and would actually get away with this. Strangely I like the thought of Mr & Mrs Turner sweating it for the next 4 weeks wondering if they're going to jail and which ones and for how long. Might as well wish them a Merry Christmas now while they can still read this. eyeinthesky
  • Score: 0

5:22pm Mon 21 May 12

Derf says...

Thoughts are with Emily's family who had to listen to how horrible the last few weeks of this girl's life were and watch the arrogance of the denial from her killer as well as his parents brushing it under the carpet despite overwhelming evidence.

I hope the judge takes this into consideration when passing sentence
Thoughts are with Emily's family who had to listen to how horrible the last few weeks of this girl's life were and watch the arrogance of the denial from her killer as well as his parents brushing it under the carpet despite overwhelming evidence. I hope the judge takes this into consideration when passing sentence Derf
  • Score: 0

5:23pm Mon 21 May 12

Derf says...

Thoughts are with Emily's family who had to listen to how horrible the last few weeks of this girl's life were and watch the arrogance of the denial from her killer as well as his parents brushing it under the carpet despite overwhelming evidence.

I hope the judge takes this into consideration when passing sentence
Thoughts are with Emily's family who had to listen to how horrible the last few weeks of this girl's life were and watch the arrogance of the denial from her killer as well as his parents brushing it under the carpet despite overwhelming evidence. I hope the judge takes this into consideration when passing sentence Derf
  • Score: 0

5:23pm Mon 21 May 12

Derf says...

Thoughts are with Emily's family who had to listen to how horrible the last few weeks of this girl's life were and watch the arrogance of the denial from her killer as well as his parents brushing it under the carpet despite overwhelming evidence.

I hope the judge takes this into consideration when passing sentence
Thoughts are with Emily's family who had to listen to how horrible the last few weeks of this girl's life were and watch the arrogance of the denial from her killer as well as his parents brushing it under the carpet despite overwhelming evidence. I hope the judge takes this into consideration when passing sentence Derf
  • Score: 0

5:24pm Mon 21 May 12

Derf says...

Thoughts are with Emily's family who had to listen to how horrible the last few weeks of this girl's life were and watch the arrogance of the denial from her killer as well as his parents brushing it under the carpet despite overwhelming evidence.

I hope the judge takes this into consideration when passing sentence
Thoughts are with Emily's family who had to listen to how horrible the last few weeks of this girl's life were and watch the arrogance of the denial from her killer as well as his parents brushing it under the carpet despite overwhelming evidence. I hope the judge takes this into consideration when passing sentence Derf
  • Score: 0

5:25pm Mon 21 May 12

stormcreator says...

He was a nasty arrogant bully. He probably blames her for his predicament like any woman beater. I hope he rots in jail , i'm sure his arrogant attitude will go down a storm in there.

Hopefully the family can now begin the healing process. My heart goes out to them not only for the loss of their daughter but the fact they have had to listen to this vile excuse of a human being and his lies and excuses for the past weeks.

As for the parents how could you stand in court and lie especially the mother, she knew he'd killed her but indulged her spoilt brat of a child, she has to be part the reason he ended uo abke to behioave the way he did.( the father from what i can understand had no backbone and can only be described as a pathetic man). I sincerely hope the parents are jailed too.
He was a nasty arrogant bully. He probably blames her for his predicament like any woman beater. I hope he rots in jail , i'm sure his arrogant attitude will go down a storm in there. Hopefully the family can now begin the healing process. My heart goes out to them not only for the loss of their daughter but the fact they have had to listen to this vile excuse of a human being and his lies and excuses for the past weeks. As for the parents how could you stand in court and lie especially the mother, she knew he'd killed her but indulged her spoilt brat of a child, she has to be part the reason he ended uo abke to behioave the way he did.( the father from what i can understand had no backbone and can only be described as a pathetic man). I sincerely hope the parents are jailed too. stormcreator
  • Score: 0

5:28pm Mon 21 May 12

stormcreator says...

forgive the spelling errors,its should have said.....

"she has to be part of the reason he ended up able to behave the way he did"
forgive the spelling errors,its should have said..... "she has to be part of the reason he ended up able to behave the way he did" stormcreator
  • Score: 0

5:51pm Mon 21 May 12

BournemouthMum says...

stormcreator wrote:
He was a nasty arrogant bully. He probably blames her for his predicament like any woman beater. I hope he rots in jail , i'm sure his arrogant attitude will go down a storm in there.

Hopefully the family can now begin the healing process. My heart goes out to them not only for the loss of their daughter but the fact they have had to listen to this vile excuse of a human being and his lies and excuses for the past weeks.

As for the parents how could you stand in court and lie especially the mother, she knew he'd killed her but indulged her spoilt brat of a child, she has to be part the reason he ended uo abke to behioave the way he did.( the father from what i can understand had no backbone and can only be described as a pathetic man). I sincerely hope the parents are jailed too.
Did you know him?
[quote][p][bold]stormcreator[/bold] wrote: He was a nasty arrogant bully. He probably blames her for his predicament like any woman beater. I hope he rots in jail , i'm sure his arrogant attitude will go down a storm in there. Hopefully the family can now begin the healing process. My heart goes out to them not only for the loss of their daughter but the fact they have had to listen to this vile excuse of a human being and his lies and excuses for the past weeks. As for the parents how could you stand in court and lie especially the mother, she knew he'd killed her but indulged her spoilt brat of a child, she has to be part the reason he ended uo abke to behioave the way he did.( the father from what i can understand had no backbone and can only be described as a pathetic man). I sincerely hope the parents are jailed too.[/p][/quote]Did you know him? BournemouthMum
  • Score: 0

6:08pm Mon 21 May 12

Boyzee Boy says...

BournemouthMum wrote:
stormcreator wrote:
He was a nasty arrogant bully. He probably blames her for his predicament like any woman beater. I hope he rots in jail , i'm sure his arrogant attitude will go down a storm in there.

Hopefully the family can now begin the healing process. My heart goes out to them not only for the loss of their daughter but the fact they have had to listen to this vile excuse of a human being and his lies and excuses for the past weeks.

As for the parents how could you stand in court and lie especially the mother, she knew he'd killed her but indulged her spoilt brat of a child, she has to be part the reason he ended uo abke to behioave the way he did.( the father from what i can understand had no backbone and can only be described as a pathetic man). I sincerely hope the parents are jailed too.
Did you know him?
I couldn't agree more.
Arrogant young man and miss-guided parents. Lets hope they get the maximum sentences possible.
I see their Jewellery shop has already shut. He won't me a Milliionaire now!!
[quote][p][bold]BournemouthMum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]stormcreator[/bold] wrote: He was a nasty arrogant bully. He probably blames her for his predicament like any woman beater. I hope he rots in jail , i'm sure his arrogant attitude will go down a storm in there. Hopefully the family can now begin the healing process. My heart goes out to them not only for the loss of their daughter but the fact they have had to listen to this vile excuse of a human being and his lies and excuses for the past weeks. As for the parents how could you stand in court and lie especially the mother, she knew he'd killed her but indulged her spoilt brat of a child, she has to be part the reason he ended uo abke to behioave the way he did.( the father from what i can understand had no backbone and can only be described as a pathetic man). I sincerely hope the parents are jailed too.[/p][/quote]Did you know him?[/p][/quote]I couldn't agree more. Arrogant young man and miss-guided parents. Lets hope they get the maximum sentences possible. I see their Jewellery shop has already shut. He won't me a Milliionaire now!! Boyzee Boy
  • Score: 0

6:11pm Mon 21 May 12

Boyzee Boy says...

I couldn't agree more.
Arrogant young man and mis-guided parents. Lets hope they get the maximum sentences possible.
I see their Jewellery shop has already shut. He won't be a Milliionaire now!!
I couldn't agree more. Arrogant young man and mis-guided parents. Lets hope they get the maximum sentences possible. I see their Jewellery shop has already shut. He won't be a Milliionaire now!! Boyzee Boy
  • Score: 0

6:24pm Mon 21 May 12

EGHH says...

He's a scum bag with parents who protected him. They all need very long prison sentences and if possible their assets sold and given to Emily's family for compensation. Scum like this have no place in society!
He's a scum bag with parents who protected him. They all need very long prison sentences and if possible their assets sold and given to Emily's family for compensation. Scum like this have no place in society! EGHH
  • Score: 0

6:27pm Mon 21 May 12

The Renegade Master says...

There was only ever going to be one verdict in this case and all that we hope for now is that this trio of scumbags receive the maximum penalty for their despicable crimes.
The British Justice System MUST NOT fail the parents, relatives and friends of Emily with a soft sentence. Elliot Turner is evil personified and MUST go to prison for life..... and for life to actually mean life.
There was only ever going to be one verdict in this case and all that we hope for now is that this trio of scumbags receive the maximum penalty for their despicable crimes. The British Justice System MUST NOT fail the parents, relatives and friends of Emily with a soft sentence. Elliot Turner is evil personified and MUST go to prison for life..... and for life to actually mean life. The Renegade Master
  • Score: 0

6:36pm Mon 21 May 12

Huey says...

that pretty boy won't last 10 mins in jail
i hope every day is one of pain and misery for him and his lousy family
justice has been served
ahahahahahahahahaah
that pretty boy won't last 10 mins in jail i hope every day is one of pain and misery for him and his lousy family justice has been served ahahahahahahahahaah Huey
  • Score: 0

6:39pm Mon 21 May 12

BournemouthMum says...

They (the parents) didn't do anything that most parents would do. They protected their son - wrong yes, but crime of the century - no. They deserve punishment but they've had their lives turned upside down by their son's actions.
They (the parents) didn't do anything that most parents would do. They protected their son - wrong yes, but crime of the century - no. They deserve punishment but they've had their lives turned upside down by their son's actions. BournemouthMum
  • Score: 0

6:47pm Mon 21 May 12

ILOVEBOURNEMOUTH says...

The truth wins out, justice is served.
The truth wins out, justice is served. ILOVEBOURNEMOUTH
  • Score: 0

6:49pm Mon 21 May 12

Mairy Hinge says...

So spoilt they'd let him get away with murder! Nearly! Apparently the ugly gimp was smiling as he was taken down, how did someone that ugly get with a girl of such beauty. RIP
So spoilt they'd let him get away with murder! Nearly! Apparently the ugly gimp was smiling as he was taken down, how did someone that ugly get with a girl of such beauty. RIP Mairy Hinge
  • Score: 0

6:53pm Mon 21 May 12

excella says...

I am sorry BournemouthMum but the victims in this are Emily and her family. I would suggest that what Elliot Turner did was indefensible. No right minded parent would defend their children in the event of such a heinous crime. I too hope the judge gives these scum the sentences they deserve!
I am sorry BournemouthMum but the victims in this are Emily and her family. I would suggest that what Elliot Turner did was indefensible. No right minded parent would defend their children in the event of such a heinous crime. I too hope the judge gives these scum the sentences they deserve! excella
  • Score: 0

6:54pm Mon 21 May 12

username is already in use says...

Vile family,all 3 of them. Enjoy the slop in prison! haha
Vile family,all 3 of them. Enjoy the slop in prison! haha username is already in use
  • Score: 0

6:56pm Mon 21 May 12

Mairy Hinge says...

BournemouthMum wrote:
They (the parents) didn't do anything that most parents would do. They protected their son - wrong yes, but crime of the century - no. They deserve punishment but they've had their lives turned upside down by their son's actions.
Pffffft you must be joking! If they had done the right thing Ugliot may not have been looking at a life term and he/ they may not have ruined all of their lives. What about what they've put the girls family through. Unbelievable are you an attention seeker?
[quote][p][bold]BournemouthMum[/bold] wrote: They (the parents) didn't do anything that most parents would do. They protected their son - wrong yes, but crime of the century - no. They deserve punishment but they've had their lives turned upside down by their son's actions.[/p][/quote]Pffffft you must be joking! If they had done the right thing Ugliot may not have been looking at a life term and he/ they may not have ruined all of their lives. What about what they've put the girls family through. Unbelievable are you an attention seeker? Mairy Hinge
  • Score: 0

6:57pm Mon 21 May 12

lymicherry says...

BournemouthMum wrote:
They (the parents) didn't do anything that most parents would do. They protected their son - wrong yes, but crime of the century - no. They deserve punishment but they've had their lives turned upside down by their son's actions.
"They've had their lives turned upside down" - yes, by a spoilt brat of a son whose upbringing was THEIR responsibility. Perhaps if they'd been better (and less indulgent) parents he wouldn't have become the monster he is. Hopefully you'll understand if my reaction to Leigh and Anita Turner's conviction is somewhat dry-eyed.
[quote][p][bold]BournemouthMum[/bold] wrote: They (the parents) didn't do anything that most parents would do. They protected their son - wrong yes, but crime of the century - no. They deserve punishment but they've had their lives turned upside down by their son's actions.[/p][/quote]"They've had their lives turned upside down" - yes, by a spoilt brat of a son whose upbringing was THEIR responsibility. Perhaps if they'd been better (and less indulgent) parents he wouldn't have become the monster he is. Hopefully you'll understand if my reaction to Leigh and Anita Turner's conviction is somewhat dry-eyed. lymicherry
  • Score: 0

7:00pm Mon 21 May 12

BournemouthMum says...

excella wrote:
I am sorry BournemouthMum but the victims in this are Emily and her family. I would suggest that what Elliot Turner did was indefensible. No right minded parent would defend their children in the event of such a heinous crime. I too hope the judge gives these scum the sentences they deserve!
I hear what you're saying, but I always say that it's easy to say hypothetically that you would do something in a given situation, but the reality of course is that none of us know what we'd do until we're in that situation - which I hope none of us ever are.
[quote][p][bold]excella[/bold] wrote: I am sorry BournemouthMum but the victims in this are Emily and her family. I would suggest that what Elliot Turner did was indefensible. No right minded parent would defend their children in the event of such a heinous crime. I too hope the judge gives these scum the sentences they deserve![/p][/quote]I hear what you're saying, but I always say that it's easy to say hypothetically that you would do something in a given situation, but the reality of course is that none of us know what we'd do until we're in that situation - which I hope none of us ever are. BournemouthMum
  • Score: 0

7:07pm Mon 21 May 12

Avengerboy says...

I hope we are not complaining about the weak sentencing next.
I hope we are not complaining about the weak sentencing next. Avengerboy
  • Score: 0

7:08pm Mon 21 May 12

excella says...

BournemouthMum wrote:
excella wrote:
I am sorry BournemouthMum but the victims in this are Emily and her family. I would suggest that what Elliot Turner did was indefensible. No right minded parent would defend their children in the event of such a heinous crime. I too hope the judge gives these scum the sentences they deserve!
I hear what you're saying, but I always say that it's easy to say hypothetically that you would do something in a given situation, but the reality of course is that none of us know what we'd do until we're in that situation - which I hope none of us ever are.
I absolutely know what I would do!
[quote][p][bold]BournemouthMum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]excella[/bold] wrote: I am sorry BournemouthMum but the victims in this are Emily and her family. I would suggest that what Elliot Turner did was indefensible. No right minded parent would defend their children in the event of such a heinous crime. I too hope the judge gives these scum the sentences they deserve![/p][/quote]I hear what you're saying, but I always say that it's easy to say hypothetically that you would do something in a given situation, but the reality of course is that none of us know what we'd do until we're in that situation - which I hope none of us ever are.[/p][/quote]I absolutely know what I would do! excella
  • Score: 0

7:10pm Mon 21 May 12

Avengerboy says...

And well done Dorset Police, the covert recordings sealed it.
And well done Dorset Police, the covert recordings sealed it. Avengerboy
  • Score: 0

7:12pm Mon 21 May 12

topofall says...

Great conclusion to an awful case, well done to the Police gathering the evidence that they did and well done to the prosecution presenting the case to ensure a conviction.
Great conclusion to an awful case, well done to the Police gathering the evidence that they did and well done to the prosecution presenting the case to ensure a conviction. topofall
  • Score: 0

7:13pm Mon 21 May 12

EGHH says...

The spoilt pretty boy will have a reception committee waiting for him inside. Prisoners all have TV and follow court cases closely. I really hope he gets the razor blade in soap treatment.
The spoilt pretty boy will have a reception committee waiting for him inside. Prisoners all have TV and follow court cases closely. I really hope he gets the razor blade in soap treatment. EGHH
  • Score: 0

7:17pm Mon 21 May 12

ElmerFudd says...

Elliot Turner was always a spolit little brat, even when he went to the prep school in Upton. His mother would do anything for him and thought the sun shone out his backside; he was an arrogant, vile little cretin even back then.
His arrogance has now got the better of him - instead of pleading guilty and possibly getting a manslaughter sentence, and then possibly out in half, he now faces life.
As to his parents, they always thought they were oh so better than anybody else, and it just goes to show that they're not above anybody, let alone the Law.
Good riddance to bad rubbish - they fought the Law and the Law won.
Elliot Turner was always a spolit little brat, even when he went to the prep school in Upton. His mother would do anything for him and thought the sun shone out his backside; he was an arrogant, vile little cretin even back then. His arrogance has now got the better of him - instead of pleading guilty and possibly getting a manslaughter sentence, and then possibly out in half, he now faces life. As to his parents, they always thought they were oh so better than anybody else, and it just goes to show that they're not above anybody, let alone the Law. Good riddance to bad rubbish - they fought the Law and the Law won. ElmerFudd
  • Score: 0

7:34pm Mon 21 May 12

username is already in use says...

I hope everyone will be boycotting the family's shop.
I hope everyone will be boycotting the family's shop. username is already in use
  • Score: 0

7:59pm Mon 21 May 12

Tonycharman says...

still don't bring her back!!!
still don't bring her back!!! Tonycharman
  • Score: 0

8:12pm Mon 21 May 12

High Treason says...

The only people that matter in all of this is Emily Longley and her family.
It is only Emily's family that are unjustly suffering. Good work by the police. There is nothing more to say.
The only people that matter in all of this is Emily Longley and her family. It is only Emily's family that are unjustly suffering. Good work by the police. There is nothing more to say. High Treason
  • Score: 0

8:14pm Mon 21 May 12

Twokayten says...

BournemouthMum wrote:
They (the parents) didn't do anything that most parents would do. They protected their son - wrong yes, but crime of the century - no. They deserve punishment but they've had their lives turned upside down by their son's actions.
As your username is BournemouthMum am I right in presuming you have children?
Good lord, I hope not.
I have children, whom I love dearly but I would NOT act in the way this despicable pair have.
This was a beautiful, intelligent, 17 year old girl, whose life has been cruelly stolen.
Her parents won't ever see her get married, or have children of her own. They won't ever get another phonecall or text from her. They won't EVER see their lovely daughter again.
Have you any idea what that must feel like??
Sit and have a think, and then please feel free to have sympathy.
But not for that vile little snob and his equally despicable parents.
For Emily, her family and her young friends...some of whom have had to be witnesses in this awful case.
Sweet dreams Emily, rest in peace xxx
[quote][p][bold]BournemouthMum[/bold] wrote: They (the parents) didn't do anything that most parents would do. They protected their son - wrong yes, but crime of the century - no. They deserve punishment but they've had their lives turned upside down by their son's actions.[/p][/quote]As your username is BournemouthMum am I right in presuming you have children? Good lord, I hope not. I have children, whom I love dearly but I would NOT act in the way this despicable pair have. This was a beautiful, intelligent, 17 year old girl, whose life has been cruelly stolen. Her parents won't ever see her get married, or have children of her own. They won't ever get another phonecall or text from her. They won't EVER see their lovely daughter again. Have you any idea what that must feel like?? Sit and have a think, and then please feel free to have sympathy. But not for that vile little snob and his equally despicable parents. For Emily, her family and her young friends...some of whom have had to be witnesses in this awful case. Sweet dreams Emily, rest in peace xxx Twokayten
  • Score: 0

8:28pm Mon 21 May 12

Dancer94 says...

I knew none of these people, however I have friends that knew Emily. I, and many others have been deeply saddened by this, I'm so glad they found him guilty and now he'll get what he deserves. It's disgusting that he took her life, poor young beautiful girl, who I've been told was such a lovely girl!
My thoughts are with her family and friends, as for Elliot, I hope he's in prison FOREVER. He shouldn't be allowed to roam free ever again considering he took Emily's life away from her.
R.I.P Emily, I hope you can see how much people care about getting justice for you, and you're in a better place now
I knew none of these people, however I have friends that knew Emily. I, and many others have been deeply saddened by this, I'm so glad they found him guilty and now he'll get what he deserves. It's disgusting that he took her life, poor young beautiful girl, who I've been told was such a lovely girl! My thoughts are with her family and friends, as for Elliot, I hope he's in prison FOREVER. He shouldn't be allowed to roam free ever again considering he took Emily's life away from her. R.I.P Emily, I hope you can see how much people care about getting justice for you, and you're in a better place now Dancer94
  • Score: 0

9:13pm Mon 21 May 12

nermal says...

Sounds like the right verdict to me. Still doesn't bring her back, but I hope it will bring a some comfort to Emily's family knowing that the person responsible is to be punished.
Sounds like the right verdict to me. Still doesn't bring her back, but I hope it will bring a some comfort to Emily's family knowing that the person responsible is to be punished. nermal
  • Score: 0

9:29pm Mon 21 May 12

afcb-mark says...

BournemouthMum wrote:
They (the parents) didn't do anything that most parents would do. They protected their son - wrong yes, but crime of the century - no. They deserve punishment but they've had their lives turned upside down by their son's actions.
You say, 'Crime of the century-no'

How flippant is that comment. If their lies had got it reduced to manslaughter it would still have been one of the most vile crimes to come out of this town.

Their lives have been turned upside down because their son murdered a beautiful defenceless young girl and further turned upside down because they CHOSE to lie for him.

Would most parents do this, I don't think so.
[quote][p][bold]BournemouthMum[/bold] wrote: They (the parents) didn't do anything that most parents would do. They protected their son - wrong yes, but crime of the century - no. They deserve punishment but they've had their lives turned upside down by their son's actions.[/p][/quote]You say, 'Crime of the century-no' How flippant is that comment. If their lies had got it reduced to manslaughter it would still have been one of the most vile crimes to come out of this town. Their lives have been turned upside down because their son murdered a beautiful defenceless young girl and further turned upside down because they CHOSE to lie for him. Would most parents do this, I don't think so. afcb-mark
  • Score: 0

10:20pm Mon 21 May 12

Boredofthiscountry says...

BournemouthMum wrote:
They (the parents) didn't do anything that most parents would do. They protected their son - wrong yes, but crime of the century - no. They deserve punishment but they've had their lives turned upside down by their son's actions.
Well I certainly wouldn't lie for my child, and any parent who does isn't worthy of calling themselves a decent parent, in my opinion
[quote][p][bold]BournemouthMum[/bold] wrote: They (the parents) didn't do anything that most parents would do. They protected their son - wrong yes, but crime of the century - no. They deserve punishment but they've had their lives turned upside down by their son's actions.[/p][/quote]Well I certainly wouldn't lie for my child, and any parent who does isn't worthy of calling themselves a decent parent, in my opinion Boredofthiscountry
  • Score: 0

10:22pm Mon 21 May 12

springbok4 says...

What the arrogant, cold and calculating Turner family forgot, when they tried to cover up the murder of Emily, is that Dorset Police always get their suspect in murder cases. They thought they could outwit the detectives and get away with it. Well, Turner family: you were wrong, you all deserve jail sentences and Elliott should be there for a long, long time. Scant consolation for a beautiful girl now gone and her family who will never be the same.
What the arrogant, cold and calculating Turner family forgot, when they tried to cover up the murder of Emily, is that Dorset Police always get their suspect in murder cases. They thought they could outwit the detectives and get away with it. Well, Turner family: you were wrong, you all deserve jail sentences and Elliott should be there for a long, long time. Scant consolation for a beautiful girl now gone and her family who will never be the same. springbok4
  • Score: 0

11:25pm Mon 21 May 12

PaulieBay says...

So pleased for the Longley family about the guilty verdict.
That boy is vile and a good example of extremely bad parenting.
The Turner's still have their son (despite the prison term ) but Emily's parents will never have the chance to look at their beautiful daughter again.
Let's hope that the sentence reflects the gravity of the crime for all of them.
So pleased for the Longley family about the guilty verdict. That boy is vile and a good example of extremely bad parenting. The Turner's still have their son (despite the prison term ) but Emily's parents will never have the chance to look at their beautiful daughter again. Let's hope that the sentence reflects the gravity of the crime for all of them. PaulieBay
  • Score: 0

5:48am Tue 22 May 12

rudestickers says...

Thank God these evil people have got what they deserve.
Every time I see Emily's beautiful face my heart sinks. Such a waste of life.
When are we going to see parents actually doing the right thing and stop covering for their children? I find it disgusting. Hopefully Life sentences all round.
Rest in Peace Emily.
Thank God these evil people have got what they deserve. Every time I see Emily's beautiful face my heart sinks. Such a waste of life. When are we going to see parents actually doing the right thing and stop covering for their children? I find it disgusting. Hopefully Life sentences all round. Rest in Peace Emily. rudestickers
  • Score: 0

7:58am Tue 22 May 12

FAT TONE says...

Hes an Ian Huntley with a lump hammer.
SWINE.so are his parents
Hes an Ian Huntley with a lump hammer. SWINE.so are his parents FAT TONE
  • Score: 0

8:24am Tue 22 May 12

The_Flying_Trouser says...

It's easy to think that we would all do the right thing and, to use the vernacular, "shop" our child. Initial panic COULD find some of us looking for an alternative solution, but, after a while, most right thinking parents would see little or no choice but to front up to the police.

Having listened to the covert recordings of this family, I am of the opinion that they had ample opportunity to confess all to the authorities, but chose to continue in what sounds to be a cold, calculated and manipulative attempt to cover the whole thing up.

If I were a judge, I would have no hesitation in giving a life sentence to this villainous child, with no parole possible for at least forty years - and even then, I would want to see full remorse and satisfactory guarantees that his propensity to "lose it" was totally eradicated.

The parents - Her 10 years, him 7 years - again, with no parole without remorse.

I just hope the judge recognises that, as is the case in many, many murders, the world has lost one of its beautiful pieces, which could never be replaced and passes down sentences to reflect that.
It's easy to think that we would all do the right thing and, to use the vernacular, "shop" our child. Initial panic COULD find some of us looking for an alternative solution, but, after a while, most right thinking parents would see little or no choice but to front up to the police. Having listened to the covert recordings of this family, I am of the opinion that they had ample opportunity to confess all to the authorities, but chose to continue in what sounds to be a cold, calculated and manipulative attempt to cover the whole thing up. If I were a judge, I would have no hesitation in giving a life sentence to this villainous child, with no parole possible for at least forty years - and even then, I would want to see full remorse and satisfactory guarantees that his propensity to "lose it" was totally eradicated. The parents - Her 10 years, him 7 years - again, with no parole without remorse. I just hope the judge recognises that, as is the case in many, many murders, the world has lost one of its beautiful pieces, which could never be replaced and passes down sentences to reflect that. The_Flying_Trouser
  • Score: 0

8:52am Tue 22 May 12

bmthlad69 says...

The_Flying_Trouser wrote:
It's easy to think that we would all do the right thing and, to use the vernacular, "shop" our child. Initial panic COULD find some of us looking for an alternative solution, but, after a while, most right thinking parents would see little or no choice but to front up to the police.

Having listened to the covert recordings of this family, I am of the opinion that they had ample opportunity to confess all to the authorities, but chose to continue in what sounds to be a cold, calculated and manipulative attempt to cover the whole thing up.

If I were a judge, I would have no hesitation in giving a life sentence to this villainous child, with no parole possible for at least forty years - and even then, I would want to see full remorse and satisfactory guarantees that his propensity to "lose it" was totally eradicated.

The parents - Her 10 years, him 7 years - again, with no parole without remorse.

I just hope the judge recognises that, as is the case in many, many murders, the world has lost one of its beautiful pieces, which could never be replaced and passes down sentences to reflect that.
I agree those sentances would be just right
[quote][p][bold]The_Flying_Trouser[/bold] wrote: It's easy to think that we would all do the right thing and, to use the vernacular, "shop" our child. Initial panic COULD find some of us looking for an alternative solution, but, after a while, most right thinking parents would see little or no choice but to front up to the police. Having listened to the covert recordings of this family, I am of the opinion that they had ample opportunity to confess all to the authorities, but chose to continue in what sounds to be a cold, calculated and manipulative attempt to cover the whole thing up. If I were a judge, I would have no hesitation in giving a life sentence to this villainous child, with no parole possible for at least forty years - and even then, I would want to see full remorse and satisfactory guarantees that his propensity to "lose it" was totally eradicated. The parents - Her 10 years, him 7 years - again, with no parole without remorse. I just hope the judge recognises that, as is the case in many, many murders, the world has lost one of its beautiful pieces, which could never be replaced and passes down sentences to reflect that.[/p][/quote]I agree those sentances would be just right bmthlad69
  • Score: 0

8:59am Tue 22 May 12

cashla says...

Boredofthiscountry wrote:
BournemouthMum wrote:
They (the parents) didn't do anything that most parents would do. They protected their son - wrong yes, but crime of the century - no. They deserve punishment but they've had their lives turned upside down by their son's actions.
Well I certainly wouldn't lie for my child, and any parent who does isn't worthy of calling themselves a decent parent, in my opinion
exactly Boredofthiscountry! protecting your child from the consequences of their actions is not something you do if you love them, just if you feel your parenting isn't up to standing up for yourself (and others) and doing what is right.
if it was one of my boys ... i'd drive them to the station myself and made sure they answered for their actions, because i love them and they have done wrong, it isnt my place to help them, protect them or lie for them. the lies of these foolish people who claim to *love* their son, are nothing more than spineless nobodies who felt they were above the law, costing the CPS how much???
as i type i'm sure they are hiding assets so there is something to come out of prison to
[quote][p][bold]Boredofthiscountry[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]BournemouthMum[/bold] wrote: They (the parents) didn't do anything that most parents would do. They protected their son - wrong yes, but crime of the century - no. They deserve punishment but they've had their lives turned upside down by their son's actions.[/p][/quote]Well I certainly wouldn't lie for my child, and any parent who does isn't worthy of calling themselves a decent parent, in my opinion[/p][/quote]exactly Boredofthiscountry! protecting your child from the consequences of their actions is not something you do if you love them, just if you feel your parenting isn't up to standing up for yourself (and others) and doing what is right. if it was one of my boys ... i'd drive them to the station myself and made sure they answered for their actions, because i love them and they have done wrong, it isnt my place to help them, protect them or lie for them. the lies of these foolish people who claim to *love* their son, are nothing more than spineless nobodies who felt they were above the law, costing the CPS how much??? as i type i'm sure they are hiding assets so there is something to come out of prison to cashla
  • Score: 0

9:07am Tue 22 May 12

The Liberal says...

Sadly, I wouldn't hold out much hope for very long sentences. The parents will probably get a year or less (about the average for their offence); the murderer a 15-year minimum tariff. Looking at the Criminal Justice Act 2003, it seems that the murder doesn't fall into the categories required for a higher minimum tariff.
Sadly, I wouldn't hold out much hope for very long sentences. The parents will probably get a year or less (about the average for their offence); the murderer a 15-year minimum tariff. Looking at the Criminal Justice Act 2003, it seems that the murder doesn't fall into the categories required for a higher minimum tariff. The Liberal
  • Score: 0

9:17am Tue 22 May 12

Daily reader91 says...

The Liberal wrote:
Sadly, I wouldn't hold out much hope for very long sentences. The parents will probably get a year or less (about the average for their offence); the murderer a 15-year minimum tariff. Looking at the Criminal Justice Act 2003, it seems that the murder doesn't fall into the categories required for a higher minimum tariff.
Either way regardless of what happens none of them will enjoy prison much, he will be a prime bit of fresh meat and deserves everythign that comes his way. I know a few people inside local places for one that are looking forward to his arrival!
[quote][p][bold]The Liberal[/bold] wrote: Sadly, I wouldn't hold out much hope for very long sentences. The parents will probably get a year or less (about the average for their offence); the murderer a 15-year minimum tariff. Looking at the Criminal Justice Act 2003, it seems that the murder doesn't fall into the categories required for a higher minimum tariff.[/p][/quote]Either way regardless of what happens none of them will enjoy prison much, he will be a prime bit of fresh meat and deserves everythign that comes his way. I know a few people inside local places for one that are looking forward to his arrival! Daily reader91
  • Score: 0

9:33am Tue 22 May 12

Johny Boy says...

I can't wait for this scumbag to get on the wing. Once he's had a few weeks of hearing the wing warriors he'll see how tough he really is. Then it's the long nights banged up in 'protection'

Wannabe 'Tough guys' like this never think of the consequences, perhaps they'll now have a least 25 years to do so....
I can't wait for this scumbag to get on the wing. Once he's had a few weeks of hearing the wing warriors he'll see how tough he really is. Then it's the long nights banged up in 'protection' Wannabe 'Tough guys' like this never think of the consequences, perhaps they'll now have a least 25 years to do so.... Johny Boy
  • Score: 0

9:44am Tue 22 May 12

The Seasider says...

A terrible death, but at least the jury found him guilty of murder and not manslaughter. As for the parents, they seem the sort who would have concocted a whole story to defend Elliot Turner. If the police didnt bug the place, just imagine how they would have turned events around in the minds of the jury. Turner would be walking free today after claiming 'self-defence'. That is why the parent need a lengthy sentence as well.
A terrible death, but at least the jury found him guilty of murder and not manslaughter. As for the parents, they seem the sort who would have concocted a whole story to defend Elliot Turner. If the police didnt bug the place, just imagine how they would have turned events around in the minds of the jury. Turner would be walking free today after claiming 'self-defence'. That is why the parent need a lengthy sentence as well. The Seasider
  • Score: 0

9:53am Tue 22 May 12

dylan0202 says...

lets hope for a long sentence .. but slight ly off the subject - i didnt know the police could bug you - i assumed with all the the ridiculous "human rights" rubbish , that it would be a total infringement !!? my faith has been restored .. slightly ..
lets hope for a long sentence .. but slight ly off the subject - i didnt know the police could bug you - i assumed with all the the ridiculous "human rights" rubbish , that it would be a total infringement !!? my faith has been restored .. slightly .. dylan0202
  • Score: 0

10:31am Tue 22 May 12

umadtho says...

The police can bug the house if they obtained a warrant and had sufficient reason to suspect wrong doing before hand, I'm guessing they did for the evidence to be concidered admissible in court.

In respect of the sentence, life will not mean life. Life is 15 years, he has been charged with two counts (Perverting the course of justice and murder) so he is therefore looking at a maximum of 30 years.

You are all right about him being an arrogant vile human being and even today he is showing no remorse for his crimes. Anita is the most ridiculous person I have ever encountered, she is so naive and stupid. She played the role well in court but the crocodile tears were transparent. Leigh, on the other hand, I genuinely think felt guilty for covering for his son. There is no doubt in my mind that he read that letter and panicked. Admittedly, he should have come forward but I don't think ANYONE can 100% say they wouldn't find it hard to turn in their own child. It's only when you put yourself in Emily's parents shoes that the need to protect your own child will waver, I'm guessing neither of them allowed this to enter their minds.

One thing I have noted is that no-one has considered their other son, at just 16, his life has been ruined and not a single thought for his well being has been given by any of you. I have utmost respect for that young man having to move forward carrying this on his shoulders.

Thoughts are with Emily's family.
The police can bug the house if they obtained a warrant and had sufficient reason to suspect wrong doing before hand, I'm guessing they did for the evidence to be concidered admissible in court. In respect of the sentence, life will not mean life. Life is 15 years, he has been charged with two counts (Perverting the course of justice and murder) so he is therefore looking at a maximum of 30 years. You are all right about him being an arrogant vile human being and even today he is showing no remorse for his crimes. Anita is the most ridiculous person I have ever encountered, she is so naive and stupid. She played the role well in court but the crocodile tears were transparent. Leigh, on the other hand, I genuinely think felt guilty for covering for his son. There is no doubt in my mind that he read that letter and panicked. Admittedly, he should have come forward but I don't think ANYONE can 100% say they wouldn't find it hard to turn in their own child. It's only when you put yourself in Emily's parents shoes that the need to protect your own child will waver, I'm guessing neither of them allowed this to enter their minds. One thing I have noted is that no-one has considered their other son, at just 16, his life has been ruined and not a single thought for his well being has been given by any of you. I have utmost respect for that young man having to move forward carrying this on his shoulders. Thoughts are with Emily's family. umadtho
  • Score: 0

10:32am Tue 22 May 12

Amelia_40 says...

I can't quite understand how her parents allowed her to travel to the other side of the world, after all she was just 17 years old. I know that she was staying with grandparents, however, I wouldn't want my children living so far away from home at such a young age. He seems to be an arrogrant and cotrolling young man - I have had the misfortune to encounter many men of the same ilk in my life. They do not think of you as a human being, just a trophy to make them look good. He'll probably get around 15-20 years for this and he will come out and still be reasonably young and wealthy and most probably will have learnt nothing.
I can't quite understand how her parents allowed her to travel to the other side of the world, after all she was just 17 years old. I know that she was staying with grandparents, however, I wouldn't want my children living so far away from home at such a young age. He seems to be an arrogrant and cotrolling young man - I have had the misfortune to encounter many men of the same ilk in my life. They do not think of you as a human being, just a trophy to make them look good. He'll probably get around 15-20 years for this and he will come out and still be reasonably young and wealthy and most probably will have learnt nothing. Amelia_40
  • Score: 0

10:33am Tue 22 May 12

Amelia_40 says...

I can't quite understand how her parents allowed her to travel to the other side of the world, after all she was just 17 years old. I know that she was staying with grandparents, however, I wouldn't want my children living so far away from home at such a young age. He seems to be an arrogrant and cotrolling young man - I have had the misfortune to encounter many men of the same ilk in my life. They do not think of you as a human being, just a trophy to make them look good. He'll probably get around 15-20 years for this and he will come out and still be reasonably young and wealthy and most probably will have learnt nothing.
I can't quite understand how her parents allowed her to travel to the other side of the world, after all she was just 17 years old. I know that she was staying with grandparents, however, I wouldn't want my children living so far away from home at such a young age. He seems to be an arrogrant and cotrolling young man - I have had the misfortune to encounter many men of the same ilk in my life. They do not think of you as a human being, just a trophy to make them look good. He'll probably get around 15-20 years for this and he will come out and still be reasonably young and wealthy and most probably will have learnt nothing. Amelia_40
  • Score: 0

10:37am Tue 22 May 12

stormcreator says...

The police have to apply for a home office warrant to bug and give good reason, Shows the arrogance of these people that they didnt consider that the police would do that. they really thought they were cleverer, That scum Elliot Turner is going to have so much fun (NOT) with his new friends that are waiting for the big man pretty boy. It doesnt bring her back but least there is some retribution for the family.
The police have to apply for a home office warrant to bug and give good reason, Shows the arrogance of these people that they didnt consider that the police would do that. they really thought they were cleverer, That scum Elliot Turner is going to have so much fun (NOT) with his new friends that are waiting for the big man pretty boy. It doesnt bring her back but least there is some retribution for the family. stormcreator
  • Score: 0

10:49am Tue 22 May 12

stormcreator says...

he's been senetenced to 16 years minimum plus 9 months for perverting the course of justice, can someone tell me, will he be on licence for the rest of his life when he's released and if so what does it actually mean?
he's been senetenced to 16 years minimum plus 9 months for perverting the course of justice, can someone tell me, will he be on licence for the rest of his life when he's released and if so what does it actually mean? stormcreator
  • Score: 0

10:53am Tue 22 May 12

*Fiona* says...

BournemouthMum wrote:
They (the parents) didn't do anything that most parents would do. They protected their son - wrong yes, but crime of the century - no. They deserve punishment but they've had their lives turned upside down by their son's actions.
I understand what you mean Bournemouthmum there is a certain blindness when it comes to protecting a son or daughter.
Mothers will refuse to see their child as the monster he or she is.
Kate Bush wrote about it in her song Mother Stands for Comfort.

"Mother stands for comfort
Mother will hide the murderer
Mother hides the madman"

____________________


The parents of Elliot Turner were caught up in the same sickness as their son.

He was living in a fantasy world and they indulged his narcissism because they were also living in a delusional fantasy world.

In a narcissistic family system its all about image and striving to be seen as superior to other people.
In order to compensate for secretly feeling insecure and inferior to other people.
[quote][p][bold]BournemouthMum[/bold] wrote: They (the parents) didn't do anything that most parents would do. They protected their son - wrong yes, but crime of the century - no. They deserve punishment but they've had their lives turned upside down by their son's actions.[/p][/quote]I understand what you mean Bournemouthmum there is a certain blindness when it comes to protecting a son or daughter. Mothers will refuse to see their child as the monster he or she is. Kate Bush wrote about it in her song Mother Stands for Comfort. "Mother stands for comfort Mother will hide the murderer Mother hides the madman" ____________________ The parents of Elliot Turner were caught up in the same sickness as their son. He was living in a fantasy world and they indulged his narcissism because they were also living in a delusional fantasy world. In a narcissistic family system its all about image and striving to be seen as superior to other people. In order to compensate for secretly feeling insecure and inferior to other people. *Fiona*
  • Score: 0

10:55am Tue 22 May 12

ElmerFudd says...

'On licence' for the rest of his life simply means that after (or if) he is released - he first has to show that he is genuinely remorseful, has totally rehabilitated and is no longer a threat to society - then he remains free only on the permission of the Home Secretary, i.e. if he commits any further serious offence, then he is back inside for the original offence plus anything further that he gets charged with. A bit like the recent case of one of the Bulger killers being released but taken back in for new offences.
'On licence' for the rest of his life simply means that after (or if) he is released - he first has to show that he is genuinely remorseful, has totally rehabilitated and is no longer a threat to society - then he remains free only on the permission of the Home Secretary, i.e. if he commits any further serious offence, then he is back inside for the original offence plus anything further that he gets charged with. A bit like the recent case of one of the Bulger killers being released but taken back in for new offences. ElmerFudd
  • Score: 0

10:55am Tue 22 May 12

Amelia_40 says...

umadtho wrote:
The police can bug the house if they obtained a warrant and had sufficient reason to suspect wrong doing before hand, I'm guessing they did for the evidence to be concidered admissible in court.

In respect of the sentence, life will not mean life. Life is 15 years, he has been charged with two counts (Perverting the course of justice and murder) so he is therefore looking at a maximum of 30 years.

You are all right about him being an arrogant vile human being and even today he is showing no remorse for his crimes. Anita is the most ridiculous person I have ever encountered, she is so naive and stupid. She played the role well in court but the crocodile tears were transparent. Leigh, on the other hand, I genuinely think felt guilty for covering for his son. There is no doubt in my mind that he read that letter and panicked. Admittedly, he should have come forward but I don't think ANYONE can 100% say they wouldn't find it hard to turn in their own child. It's only when you put yourself in Emily's parents shoes that the need to protect your own child will waver, I'm guessing neither of them allowed this to enter their minds.

One thing I have noted is that no-one has considered their other son, at just 16, his life has been ruined and not a single thought for his well being has been given by any of you. I have utmost respect for that young man having to move forward carrying this on his shoulders.

Thoughts are with Emily's family.
This is the most sensible post on here. There are many sides to a situation, affecting all concerned, and its nice to read a post by someone who doesn't have the lynch mob mentality that we usually see.
[quote][p][bold]umadtho[/bold] wrote: The police can bug the house if they obtained a warrant and had sufficient reason to suspect wrong doing before hand, I'm guessing they did for the evidence to be concidered admissible in court. In respect of the sentence, life will not mean life. Life is 15 years, he has been charged with two counts (Perverting the course of justice and murder) so he is therefore looking at a maximum of 30 years. You are all right about him being an arrogant vile human being and even today he is showing no remorse for his crimes. Anita is the most ridiculous person I have ever encountered, she is so naive and stupid. She played the role well in court but the crocodile tears were transparent. Leigh, on the other hand, I genuinely think felt guilty for covering for his son. There is no doubt in my mind that he read that letter and panicked. Admittedly, he should have come forward but I don't think ANYONE can 100% say they wouldn't find it hard to turn in their own child. It's only when you put yourself in Emily's parents shoes that the need to protect your own child will waver, I'm guessing neither of them allowed this to enter their minds. One thing I have noted is that no-one has considered their other son, at just 16, his life has been ruined and not a single thought for his well being has been given by any of you. I have utmost respect for that young man having to move forward carrying this on his shoulders. Thoughts are with Emily's family.[/p][/quote]This is the most sensible post on here. There are many sides to a situation, affecting all concerned, and its nice to read a post by someone who doesn't have the lynch mob mentality that we usually see. Amelia_40
  • Score: 0

11:15am Tue 22 May 12

bkiddus says...

BournemouthMum wrote:
They (the parents) didn't do anything that most parents would do. They protected their son - wrong yes, but crime of the century - no. They deserve punishment but they've had their lives turned upside down by their son's actions.
No, I have bought my children up to understand about responsibility. I am sure that if it had been your child that had been murdered you would have a different attitude. You suggest that this was not a serious crime, I pity your children as they are clearly being bought up by someone with no moral compass.
[quote][p][bold]BournemouthMum[/bold] wrote: They (the parents) didn't do anything that most parents would do. They protected their son - wrong yes, but crime of the century - no. They deserve punishment but they've had their lives turned upside down by their son's actions.[/p][/quote]No, I have bought my children up to understand about responsibility. I am sure that if it had been your child that had been murdered you would have a different attitude. You suggest that this was not a serious crime, I pity your children as they are clearly being bought up by someone with no moral compass. bkiddus
  • Score: 0

11:23am Tue 22 May 12

umadtho says...

Amelia_40 wrote:
umadtho wrote: The police can bug the house if they obtained a warrant and had sufficient reason to suspect wrong doing before hand, I'm guessing they did for the evidence to be concidered admissible in court. In respect of the sentence, life will not mean life. Life is 15 years, he has been charged with two counts (Perverting the course of justice and murder) so he is therefore looking at a maximum of 30 years. You are all right about him being an arrogant vile human being and even today he is showing no remorse for his crimes. Anita is the most ridiculous person I have ever encountered, she is so naive and stupid. She played the role well in court but the crocodile tears were transparent. Leigh, on the other hand, I genuinely think felt guilty for covering for his son. There is no doubt in my mind that he read that letter and panicked. Admittedly, he should have come forward but I don't think ANYONE can 100% say they wouldn't find it hard to turn in their own child. It's only when you put yourself in Emily's parents shoes that the need to protect your own child will waver, I'm guessing neither of them allowed this to enter their minds. One thing I have noted is that no-one has considered their other son, at just 16, his life has been ruined and not a single thought for his well being has been given by any of you. I have utmost respect for that young man having to move forward carrying this on his shoulders. Thoughts are with Emily's family.
This is the most sensible post on here. There are many sides to a situation, affecting all concerned, and its nice to read a post by someone who doesn't have the lynch mob mentality that we usually see.
Thanks. :)

People find it all too easy to condemn. I wouldn't like to have been in their situation and putting yourself "Hypothetically" in their situation just doesn't cut it in relation to how you would realistically deal with it.

I'm not saying the parents are without guilt and they are certainly not the victims here but there is definitely an element of misguided loyalty.
[quote][p][bold]Amelia_40[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]umadtho[/bold] wrote: The police can bug the house if they obtained a warrant and had sufficient reason to suspect wrong doing before hand, I'm guessing they did for the evidence to be concidered admissible in court. In respect of the sentence, life will not mean life. Life is 15 years, he has been charged with two counts (Perverting the course of justice and murder) so he is therefore looking at a maximum of 30 years. You are all right about him being an arrogant vile human being and even today he is showing no remorse for his crimes. Anita is the most ridiculous person I have ever encountered, she is so naive and stupid. She played the role well in court but the crocodile tears were transparent. Leigh, on the other hand, I genuinely think felt guilty for covering for his son. There is no doubt in my mind that he read that letter and panicked. Admittedly, he should have come forward but I don't think ANYONE can 100% say they wouldn't find it hard to turn in their own child. It's only when you put yourself in Emily's parents shoes that the need to protect your own child will waver, I'm guessing neither of them allowed this to enter their minds. One thing I have noted is that no-one has considered their other son, at just 16, his life has been ruined and not a single thought for his well being has been given by any of you. I have utmost respect for that young man having to move forward carrying this on his shoulders. Thoughts are with Emily's family.[/p][/quote]This is the most sensible post on here. There are many sides to a situation, affecting all concerned, and its nice to read a post by someone who doesn't have the lynch mob mentality that we usually see.[/p][/quote]Thanks. :) People find it all too easy to condemn. I wouldn't like to have been in their situation and putting yourself "Hypothetically" in their situation just doesn't cut it in relation to how you would realistically deal with it. I'm not saying the parents are without guilt and they are certainly not the victims here but there is definitely an element of misguided loyalty. umadtho
  • Score: 0

11:27am Tue 22 May 12

Cookie75 says...

He is such a narcissist that he will find ways to commit suicide in prison and never face up to his acts.

So i would be very surprised if he is around to 'celebrate' his 25th birthday (at the latest)
He is such a narcissist that he will find ways to commit suicide in prison and never face up to his acts. So i would be very surprised if he is around to 'celebrate' his 25th birthday (at the latest) Cookie75
  • Score: 0

11:49am Tue 22 May 12

bkiddus says...

umadtho wrote:
Amelia_40 wrote:
umadtho wrote: The police can bug the house if they obtained a warrant and had sufficient reason to suspect wrong doing before hand, I'm guessing they did for the evidence to be concidered admissible in court. In respect of the sentence, life will not mean life. Life is 15 years, he has been charged with two counts (Perverting the course of justice and murder) so he is therefore looking at a maximum of 30 years. You are all right about him being an arrogant vile human being and even today he is showing no remorse for his crimes. Anita is the most ridiculous person I have ever encountered, she is so naive and stupid. She played the role well in court but the crocodile tears were transparent. Leigh, on the other hand, I genuinely think felt guilty for covering for his son. There is no doubt in my mind that he read that letter and panicked. Admittedly, he should have come forward but I don't think ANYONE can 100% say they wouldn't find it hard to turn in their own child. It's only when you put yourself in Emily's parents shoes that the need to protect your own child will waver, I'm guessing neither of them allowed this to enter their minds. One thing I have noted is that no-one has considered their other son, at just 16, his life has been ruined and not a single thought for his well being has been given by any of you. I have utmost respect for that young man having to move forward carrying this on his shoulders. Thoughts are with Emily's family.
This is the most sensible post on here. There are many sides to a situation, affecting all concerned, and its nice to read a post by someone who doesn't have the lynch mob mentality that we usually see.
Thanks. :)

People find it all too easy to condemn. I wouldn't like to have been in their situation and putting yourself "Hypothetically
" in their situation just doesn't cut it in relation to how you would realistically deal with it.

I'm not saying the parents are without guilt and they are certainly not the victims here but there is definitely an element of misguided loyalty.
Of course any parent faced by the fact that their child had committed murder would be utterly devastated. He and his family have been through a fair and just legal process, so to say it is a lynch mob mentality is ridiculous. His parents showed poor judgement when bringing him up and even worse judgement when faced with a murder in their own home. The 16 year old son does of course deserve sympathy as he is an innocent party but it is his own parents who should have considered him before they committed a serious crime themselves.
[quote][p][bold]umadtho[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Amelia_40[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]umadtho[/bold] wrote: The police can bug the house if they obtained a warrant and had sufficient reason to suspect wrong doing before hand, I'm guessing they did for the evidence to be concidered admissible in court. In respect of the sentence, life will not mean life. Life is 15 years, he has been charged with two counts (Perverting the course of justice and murder) so he is therefore looking at a maximum of 30 years. You are all right about him being an arrogant vile human being and even today he is showing no remorse for his crimes. Anita is the most ridiculous person I have ever encountered, she is so naive and stupid. She played the role well in court but the crocodile tears were transparent. Leigh, on the other hand, I genuinely think felt guilty for covering for his son. There is no doubt in my mind that he read that letter and panicked. Admittedly, he should have come forward but I don't think ANYONE can 100% say they wouldn't find it hard to turn in their own child. It's only when you put yourself in Emily's parents shoes that the need to protect your own child will waver, I'm guessing neither of them allowed this to enter their minds. One thing I have noted is that no-one has considered their other son, at just 16, his life has been ruined and not a single thought for his well being has been given by any of you. I have utmost respect for that young man having to move forward carrying this on his shoulders. Thoughts are with Emily's family.[/p][/quote]This is the most sensible post on here. There are many sides to a situation, affecting all concerned, and its nice to read a post by someone who doesn't have the lynch mob mentality that we usually see.[/p][/quote]Thanks. :) People find it all too easy to condemn. I wouldn't like to have been in their situation and putting yourself "Hypothetically " in their situation just doesn't cut it in relation to how you would realistically deal with it. I'm not saying the parents are without guilt and they are certainly not the victims here but there is definitely an element of misguided loyalty.[/p][/quote]Of course any parent faced by the fact that their child had committed murder would be utterly devastated. He and his family have been through a fair and just legal process, so to say it is a lynch mob mentality is ridiculous. His parents showed poor judgement when bringing him up and even worse judgement when faced with a murder in their own home. The 16 year old son does of course deserve sympathy as he is an innocent party but it is his own parents who should have considered him before they committed a serious crime themselves. bkiddus
  • Score: 0

12:19pm Tue 22 May 12

JulieMoney says...

well sixteen years its a joke he probably be out in ten.as for the parents they also should be given a sentence .what sort of people are they covering up such an awful crime .what must there other son be feeling now.my thoughts go out to her parents and family rip in peace emily
well sixteen years its a joke he probably be out in ten.as for the parents they also should be given a sentence .what sort of people are they covering up such an awful crime .what must there other son be feeling now.my thoughts go out to her parents and family rip in peace emily JulieMoney
  • Score: 0

12:47pm Tue 22 May 12

umadtho says...

bkiddus wrote:
umadtho wrote:
Amelia_40 wrote:
umadtho wrote: The police can bug the house if they obtained a warrant and had sufficient reason to suspect wrong doing before hand, I'm guessing they did for the evidence to be concidered admissible in court. In respect of the sentence, life will not mean life. Life is 15 years, he has been charged with two counts (Perverting the course of justice and murder) so he is therefore looking at a maximum of 30 years. You are all right about him being an arrogant vile human being and even today he is showing no remorse for his crimes. Anita is the most ridiculous person I have ever encountered, she is so naive and stupid. She played the role well in court but the crocodile tears were transparent. Leigh, on the other hand, I genuinely think felt guilty for covering for his son. There is no doubt in my mind that he read that letter and panicked. Admittedly, he should have come forward but I don't think ANYONE can 100% say they wouldn't find it hard to turn in their own child. It's only when you put yourself in Emily's parents shoes that the need to protect your own child will waver, I'm guessing neither of them allowed this to enter their minds. One thing I have noted is that no-one has considered their other son, at just 16, his life has been ruined and not a single thought for his well being has been given by any of you. I have utmost respect for that young man having to move forward carrying this on his shoulders. Thoughts are with Emily's family.
This is the most sensible post on here. There are many sides to a situation, affecting all concerned, and its nice to read a post by someone who doesn't have the lynch mob mentality that we usually see.
Thanks. :) People find it all too easy to condemn. I wouldn't like to have been in their situation and putting yourself "Hypothetically " in their situation just doesn't cut it in relation to how you would realistically deal with it. I'm not saying the parents are without guilt and they are certainly not the victims here but there is definitely an element of misguided loyalty.
Of course any parent faced by the fact that their child had committed murder would be utterly devastated. He and his family have been through a fair and just legal process, so to say it is a lynch mob mentality is ridiculous. His parents showed poor judgement when bringing him up and even worse judgement when faced with a murder in their own home. The 16 year old son does of course deserve sympathy as he is an innocent party but it is his own parents who should have considered him before they committed a serious crime themselves.
I think the "Lynch mob mentality" is in reference to all the comments here about how certain people hope they get beaten up, tortured, hung drawn and quartered. Surely wishing death or brutality on them/him is ridiculous and makes the people doing so, just as nuts.
[quote][p][bold]bkiddus[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]umadtho[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Amelia_40[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]umadtho[/bold] wrote: The police can bug the house if they obtained a warrant and had sufficient reason to suspect wrong doing before hand, I'm guessing they did for the evidence to be concidered admissible in court. In respect of the sentence, life will not mean life. Life is 15 years, he has been charged with two counts (Perverting the course of justice and murder) so he is therefore looking at a maximum of 30 years. You are all right about him being an arrogant vile human being and even today he is showing no remorse for his crimes. Anita is the most ridiculous person I have ever encountered, she is so naive and stupid. She played the role well in court but the crocodile tears were transparent. Leigh, on the other hand, I genuinely think felt guilty for covering for his son. There is no doubt in my mind that he read that letter and panicked. Admittedly, he should have come forward but I don't think ANYONE can 100% say they wouldn't find it hard to turn in their own child. It's only when you put yourself in Emily's parents shoes that the need to protect your own child will waver, I'm guessing neither of them allowed this to enter their minds. One thing I have noted is that no-one has considered their other son, at just 16, his life has been ruined and not a single thought for his well being has been given by any of you. I have utmost respect for that young man having to move forward carrying this on his shoulders. Thoughts are with Emily's family.[/p][/quote]This is the most sensible post on here. There are many sides to a situation, affecting all concerned, and its nice to read a post by someone who doesn't have the lynch mob mentality that we usually see.[/p][/quote]Thanks. :) People find it all too easy to condemn. I wouldn't like to have been in their situation and putting yourself "Hypothetically " in their situation just doesn't cut it in relation to how you would realistically deal with it. I'm not saying the parents are without guilt and they are certainly not the victims here but there is definitely an element of misguided loyalty.[/p][/quote]Of course any parent faced by the fact that their child had committed murder would be utterly devastated. He and his family have been through a fair and just legal process, so to say it is a lynch mob mentality is ridiculous. His parents showed poor judgement when bringing him up and even worse judgement when faced with a murder in their own home. The 16 year old son does of course deserve sympathy as he is an innocent party but it is his own parents who should have considered him before they committed a serious crime themselves.[/p][/quote]I think the "Lynch mob mentality" is in reference to all the comments here about how certain people hope they get beaten up, tortured, hung drawn and quartered. Surely wishing death or brutality on them/him is ridiculous and makes the people doing so, just as nuts. umadtho
  • Score: 0

3:16pm Tue 22 May 12

yummymummyof4 says...

BournemouthMum wrote:
They (the parents) didn't do anything that most parents would do. They protected their son - wrong yes, but crime of the century - no. They deserve punishment but they've had their lives turned upside down by their son's actions.
Im a parent and would not try and protect any of my kids if they did something like that, it is a bad crime as if they had got him off with removing evidence he would have done it again, there lives havent been ruined as much as Emily`s family have
[quote][p][bold]BournemouthMum[/bold] wrote: They (the parents) didn't do anything that most parents would do. They protected their son - wrong yes, but crime of the century - no. They deserve punishment but they've had their lives turned upside down by their son's actions.[/p][/quote]Im a parent and would not try and protect any of my kids if they did something like that, it is a bad crime as if they had got him off with removing evidence he would have done it again, there lives havent been ruined as much as Emily`s family have yummymummyof4
  • Score: 0

10:18am Wed 23 May 12

lisa401 says...

umadtho wrote:
Amelia_40 wrote:
umadtho wrote: The police can bug the house if they obtained a warrant and had sufficient reason to suspect wrong doing before hand, I'm guessing they did for the evidence to be concidered admissible in court. In respect of the sentence, life will not mean life. Life is 15 years, he has been charged with two counts (Perverting the course of justice and murder) so he is therefore looking at a maximum of 30 years. You are all right about him being an arrogant vile human being and even today he is showing no remorse for his crimes. Anita is the most ridiculous person I have ever encountered, she is so naive and stupid. She played the role well in court but the crocodile tears were transparent. Leigh, on the other hand, I genuinely think felt guilty for covering for his son. There is no doubt in my mind that he read that letter and panicked. Admittedly, he should have come forward but I don't think ANYONE can 100% say they wouldn't find it hard to turn in their own child. It's only when you put yourself in Emily's parents shoes that the need to protect your own child will waver, I'm guessing neither of them allowed this to enter their minds. One thing I have noted is that no-one has considered their other son, at just 16, his life has been ruined and not a single thought for his well being has been given by any of you. I have utmost respect for that young man having to move forward carrying this on his shoulders. Thoughts are with Emily's family.
This is the most sensible post on here. There are many sides to a situation, affecting all concerned, and its nice to read a post by someone who doesn't have the lynch mob mentality that we usually see.
Thanks. :)

People find it all too easy to condemn. I wouldn't like to have been in their situation and putting yourself "Hypothetically
" in their situation just doesn't cut it in relation to how you would realistically deal with it.

I'm not saying the parents are without guilt and they are certainly not the victims here but there is definitely an element of misguided loyalty.
I agree. Nobody knows what they'd do in a given situation until they're actually in it. If someone said to me "What would you do (in the same situation as the Turners)?" The only truly honest answer I'd be able to give is "I don't know".
[quote][p][bold]umadtho[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Amelia_40[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]umadtho[/bold] wrote: The police can bug the house if they obtained a warrant and had sufficient reason to suspect wrong doing before hand, I'm guessing they did for the evidence to be concidered admissible in court. In respect of the sentence, life will not mean life. Life is 15 years, he has been charged with two counts (Perverting the course of justice and murder) so he is therefore looking at a maximum of 30 years. You are all right about him being an arrogant vile human being and even today he is showing no remorse for his crimes. Anita is the most ridiculous person I have ever encountered, she is so naive and stupid. She played the role well in court but the crocodile tears were transparent. Leigh, on the other hand, I genuinely think felt guilty for covering for his son. There is no doubt in my mind that he read that letter and panicked. Admittedly, he should have come forward but I don't think ANYONE can 100% say they wouldn't find it hard to turn in their own child. It's only when you put yourself in Emily's parents shoes that the need to protect your own child will waver, I'm guessing neither of them allowed this to enter their minds. One thing I have noted is that no-one has considered their other son, at just 16, his life has been ruined and not a single thought for his well being has been given by any of you. I have utmost respect for that young man having to move forward carrying this on his shoulders. Thoughts are with Emily's family.[/p][/quote]This is the most sensible post on here. There are many sides to a situation, affecting all concerned, and its nice to read a post by someone who doesn't have the lynch mob mentality that we usually see.[/p][/quote]Thanks. :) People find it all too easy to condemn. I wouldn't like to have been in their situation and putting yourself "Hypothetically " in their situation just doesn't cut it in relation to how you would realistically deal with it. I'm not saying the parents are without guilt and they are certainly not the victims here but there is definitely an element of misguided loyalty.[/p][/quote]I agree. Nobody knows what they'd do in a given situation until they're actually in it. If someone said to me "What would you do (in the same situation as the Turners)?" The only truly honest answer I'd be able to give is "I don't know". lisa401
  • Score: 0

9:50am Fri 1 Jun 12

mumoftwoboys says...

I knew Elliot, Anita and Leigh years ago when Elliot was about 5 to maybe 8 or 9. She was a very pushy mummy who put Elliot on a pedestal and encouraged him to say and do whatever he felt like with absolutely no boundaries. He was a very advanced child in the way that he spoke and detailed people, almost like he was superior to everyone around him. His mother encouraged this behaviour and thought he was so bright and clever for it. He used to always say he was going to be very rich as his fathers family owned a jewellery business and he was going to be the owner when he was older. All this from a child of 5! He was controlling of his mother and her friends even at that age. I read somewhere that his dad was a meek man, well that isn't the man I saw. He was very controlling, when he walked in their house Anita used to be on pins trying to placate him in a very subservient way.
I was surprised to see what Elliot had done but on reflection I can truthfully say he definitely is a product of his upbringing.
What a shame a young girls life was taken away so cruelly.
I knew Elliot, Anita and Leigh years ago when Elliot was about 5 to maybe 8 or 9. She was a very pushy mummy who put Elliot on a pedestal and encouraged him to say and do whatever he felt like with absolutely no boundaries. He was a very advanced child in the way that he spoke and detailed people, almost like he was superior to everyone around him. His mother encouraged this behaviour and thought he was so bright and clever for it. He used to always say he was going to be very rich as his fathers family owned a jewellery business and he was going to be the owner when he was older. All this from a child of 5! He was controlling of his mother and her friends even at that age. I read somewhere that his dad was a meek man, well that isn't the man I saw. He was very controlling, when he walked in their house Anita used to be on pins trying to placate him in a very subservient way. I was surprised to see what Elliot had done but on reflection I can truthfully say he definitely is a product of his upbringing. What a shame a young girls life was taken away so cruelly. mumoftwoboys
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree